OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

704 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Duplicate picture files

Would it be possible to have a way in which the user can select an option in a folder where one drive will scan that particular folder for any duplicates and then gives the user the option to firstly view the duplicates, and to either delete, move, Download etc. This would definitely be one way to clear clutter for those who have backed up their phones to one drive. Keep up the great work! You all are awesome and there are people like myself who appreciate the work and effort you all put into this!

Kindest regards,

A happy user!

1,110 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        40 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Syncing in OneDrive should be reliable (i.e. not forever saying "Processing changes"),

Syncing in OneDrive should be reliable (i.e. not forever saying "Processing changes")

146 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Chromebook: Office Online Extension, button "Save to OneDrive" to Business Onedrive

If you install the Office Online Extension for you're chromebook
          https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-online/ndjpnladcallmjemlbaebfadecfhkepb

And you open a Word document on the web it opens in a webviewer Example:
          https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http://www.snee.com/xml/xslt/sample.doc

If you want to Save the file to you're business account with the Save to OneDrive button than you only can login with you're personal account. Please fix it, that you also can login with you're business account!

50 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Detect when computers are on the same subnet and sync data directly between them rather than over the internet.

To save bandwidth, data could sync directly between computers. Dropbox does this as does Windows Update. It is great when seeing up a new computer.

82 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow creating "direct links" flavour when sharing a file

Allow creating a shared link for a file, which can be send to a user via email (for instance) and user can download the file by using the link even from a computer without the need of using any Microsoft office account/api.
              To be clear, sharing files without any restriction, a "direct link" flavour.
              It's working as expected for a zip file for instance, probably because Microsoft cannot open it, so it lets you to download the file.
              But for a word file, Office Online is opened in the browser when clicking on the link.
              The behavior I'm looking for…

82 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Show full file/folder name

I know lots of apps use the ellipsis/three dots (...) when the text reaches a character limit, but I think it's a little annoying when you have to go to the properties of the file/folder just to see it's full name. Just make a new type of view (detailed view?) or make it as an option in settings.

70 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Store Microsoft Groove Android app offline music in a SD memory card

Currently, Microsoft Groove Android app can store offline music only inside phone's internal memory. It would be great if we had an option to store it in a SD card memory, as we can in Windows Phone's app.

52 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

My 1GB of storage part of my Office 365 Business subscription is more or less useless because I get the "File name too long" issue with most of my files.

The following request is now closed as completed but I have voted on it with OneDrive for Business in mind (and I'm sure a lot of other other users did!).
                    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6325774-enable-long-file-paths-aka-file-name-too-long-p

So, OneDrive for Business users, make your voice heard and vote for this!

1,346 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      52 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • OneDrive sync client behaviour when syncing too much data

I was shocked by the behaviour of the OneDrive sync client when syncing more files than you have space for on a system. The system goes into an endless sync loop after filling up the hard disk with no error warnings. If a file does not fit, the client will fill the drive then delete the half copied file and go around in a loop endlessly trying to sync a file that will never fit.

The behaviour needs to be to test the file to by synced to see if it will fit into the space available before trying to…

100 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Improve OneDrive setup / deploy / update experience for Enterprise

Currently, the OneDrive client in Windows 10 is a per user install. Updates are installed per user and require internet access at time of running.

It would be great if the OneDrive client could be installed on a per machine basis and be updated in a similar way or using Windows Update/WSUS/ConfigMgr.

OneDrive for Business is starting to become popular with Enterprise and making them manage this per user seems a little backwards.

25 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise

Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise.

Our company recently adopted the OneDrive for Business (OD4B)next generation sync client. As part of this adoption our internal Information Security team has set a security policy allowing only domain-bound workstations to leverage the OD4B sync client.

We are binding our Mac workstations to our corporate domain, just like our Windows workstations; however, Microsoft has told us that Macs are not truly bound to our corporate domain -- they are simply "associated" with our domain meaning our Mac workstations fall outside of this domain-bound security policy. This…

639 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Admin Controls for OD4B Sync for total space consumed on PC

We need the ability to control the total amount or % of space consumed on a PC device when sync'ing OD4B content. We are seeing where a user may have a large amount of data in OD4B (1TB+) and on laptops and surface devices this will consume all the available space. Controls that can be managed by the Administrator to limit the amount of space or the ability to sync only the tree structure (like on IOS) is required.

262 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              16 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Remove 'This is your OneDrive folder' when user don't have the option to change location

We have disabled that the user can change location, but users still see the screen and the ‘change location’ link, they are just not able to click it, this confuses the user, and is not necessary. could you please remove it.

14 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Show captions on photos in shared albums

I have added captions to the photos in a fairly large album, thinking that when I shared it with others they would see them. But the only way that they can see them is by opening the information pane on each photo.

Captions are a vital part of sharing photos. They should be visible:
                                1) In the slide show
                                2) On each full screen photo, with an option to turn them off
                                3) On the thumbnail screen, perhaps as tool tips

160 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  13 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Sorting

I find the sorting in this app hard to use. Id like to be able to sort by date created. Also, it would be great to be able to choose a date for an album. I have recently been creating loads of albums with my photos and the date I made the album is not necessarily going to be the same date as the event I've created an album of. Id like to be able to choose a date, in which the event happened, so albums sort in a logical order.

Cheers

41 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow OneDrive to sync to USB or SD card on Mac OS X!

I only have 128GB hard drive on my Macbook Air. I don't have enough available storage to put all my cloud files on my hard drive. OneDrive will not allow syncing to external USB or SD card, so I currently use Google Drive for my cloud storage. Would love to use OneDrive, but can't.

57 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • to stop creating albums!

Would you please be so kind as to stop creating albums of my uploaded photos (for backup purposes) without my permission! That is annoying, useless and makes me want to switch to an other service provider!

23 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Photo upload for business

It would help greatly if we could use the photo uploading capability to our business one Drive location since we are office 365 business premium subscribers. Instead of uploading to a 5gb personal drive.

19 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • OneDrive-Fotos als separate App

Da es meiner Meinung nach umständlich ist zwischen der standardmäßigen Foto (bzw. Galerie) - App und OneDrive zu wechseln bzw. diese zusammen zu nutzen, würde ich mich über eine eigenständige App freuen, die Fotos auf dem Smartphone sowie Fotos auf OneDrive zusammenlegt und nach Möglichkeit auch den Datenaustausch vereinfacht (Upload auf OneDrive, Löschen von Lokal gespeicherten Fotos, die älter als beispielsweise einen Monat alt sind und bereits hochgeladen wurden etc.)
                                          Ich würde mich über eine Rückmeldung freuen!

25 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1077 1078
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base