OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the settings cog and select “feedback” from the website. Thanks for joining our community!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate picture files

Would it be possible to have a way in which the user can select an option in a folder where one drive will scan that particular folder for any duplicates and then gives the user the option to firstly view the duplicates, and to either delete, move, Download etc. This would definitely be one way to clear clutter for those who have backed up their phones to one drive. Keep up the great work! You all are awesome and there are people like myself who appreciate the work and effort you all put into this!

Kindest regards,

A happy user!

554 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      26 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise

Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise.

Our company recently adopted the OneDrive for Business (OD4B)next generation sync client. As part of this adoption our internal Information Security team has set a security policy allowing only domain-bound workstations to leverage the OD4B sync client.

We are binding our Mac workstations to our corporate domain, just like our Windows workstations; however, Microsoft has told us that Macs are not truly bound to our corporate domain -- they are simply "associated" with our domain meaning our Mac workstations fall outside of this domain-bound security policy. This…

599 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        23 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

My 1GB of storage part of my Office 365 Business subscription is more or less useless because I get the "File name too long" issue with most of my files.

The following request is now closed as completed but I have voted on it with OneDrive for Business in mind (and I'm sure a lot of other other users did!).
        https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6325774-enable-long-file-paths-aka-file-name-too-long-p

So, OneDrive for Business users, make your voice heard and vote for this!

944 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          36 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

152 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Admin Controls for OD4B Sync for total space consumed on PC

We need the ability to control the total amount or % of space consumed on a PC device when sync'ing OD4B content. We are seeing where a user may have a large amount of data in OD4B (1TB+) and on laptops and surface devices this will consume all the available space. Controls that can be managed by the Administrator to limit the amount of space or the ability to sync only the tree structure (like on IOS) is required.

224 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              16 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Option to disable automatic album creation

There should be an option to disable the automatic creations of photo albums by onedrive. They get in the way of albums I created manually and actually want. Or these albums created by onedrive could be in a separate section with the option to add them to my albums in case i really like one.

69 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Photos are not showing (server/css bug)

There seems to be a serious bug in OneDrive photos where the photos are not showing. Whn visiting the site with the Pale Moon web browser (Mozilla fork),all photos (both thumbnails and larger images) are shown blank.

I've investigated this bug and it seems to be server-side: The errors thrown in the console when requesting the image resources are SERVER side errors with content: <Error><Message>The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.</Message></Error>
                The browser request is a POST that gets this response. It's not a GET.

Drilling down in the HTML structure, I find the image having the following…

107 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • OneDrive sync client behaviour when syncing too much data

I was shocked by the behaviour of the OneDrive sync client when syncing more files than you have space for on a system. The system goes into an endless sync loop after filling up the hard disk with no error warnings. If a file does not fit, the client will fill the drive then delete the half copied file and go around in a loop endlessly trying to sync a file that will never fit.

The behaviour needs to be to test the file to by synced to see if it will fit into the space available before trying to…

41 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Stop making albums for me

Give me a enable/disable for that and most features. I don't want ONEDRIVE to make albums for me.

36 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Allow users to select any custom folder without /onedrive/ in path

I would love to see the option of being able to point the OneDrive desktop application to any folder I choose WITHOUT it adding the /onedrive/ folder to the path.

Ie: If I set onedrive to C:/PersonalFiles/, it will automatically create C:/PersonalFiles/OneDrive/. This forces me to put everything I want to backup in that folder. So instead of OneDrive working with me in the way I want to use it, it annoys me with another subfolder I dont want.

This is also a problem when combining onedrive with other applications where I might not have the option of redirecting that…

92 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Show captions on photos in shared albums

I have added captions to the photos in a fairly large album, thinking that when I shared it with others they would see them. But the only way that they can see them is by opening the information pane on each photo.

Captions are a vital part of sharing photos. They should be visible:
                        1) In the slide show
                        2) On each full screen photo, with an option to turn them off
                        3) On the thumbnail screen, perhaps as tool tips

68 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • More secure file sharing

Today a shared folder or document ist just protected by the link to it. If someone captures the email containing the link, then he has access to all the shared files.
                          To share more confidential files I would like to share with a specific microsoft account. Then the files are at least as secure as the microsoft account of the person i shared the files with.

Marketing consideration:
                          Why to pay for office 365 home for 5 family members when I can't share the 1 TB of OneDrive space securely with them?

474 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • SharePoint: Sync selected subfolders of shared folder

I want sync only selected subfolders for shared or public folder.

E.g. currently I can sync only whole tree shared by someone
                            \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\

I want to sync *only* part of the tree - \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\A\B\C

41 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Sharing between OneDrive Personal and OneDrive for Business

One should be able to share a file from a OneDrive Personal Account to a OneDrive for Business Account.

Right now, the shared file doesn't appear in the receivers Business Account, but only in the Personal Account. But that is useless for people using Business primarily.

Example:

A private person owns a OneDrive Personal Account. He/She wants to share project files to a company, which will then work with these files. Sadly the files don't appear in the OneDrive for Business Account of the employee of the company, but they appear in the employees personal Account and mix up with…

79 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add support for RDS and Azure RemoteApp

Please add support for RDS and Azure RemoteApp to the 'Next Gen' client. At least the following scenario's should be supported:

- RDS Session based Desktops
                                - RDS Sessoin based RemoteApps
                                - RDS VDI
                                - Azure RemoteApp

Both the User Profile disk and Roaming Profiles should be supported as storage solution within RDS and Azure RemoteApp. Since more customers are migrating to Office 365 the support for this client in RDS became more and more critical.

114 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Block Up/Downloading Specific File Types

The "OneDrive for Business Deny List of File Types for Sync" feature was recently released, however it prevents files from being uploaded only when using the OneDrive Sync client. The same files can still be uploaded using the Web View. This means Administrators STILL DON'T have the ability to define a list of file types that will be actively blocked from up/downloading, while Microsoft if claiming so.

44 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • All / combined files view for Owned and Shared Content

An optional view the combines "Shared with Me" and "Files" into one view.

This was the default view in BOX, and while I hated it, some of our user base liked it and wants it in One Drive for Business. Ideally this view would have the option to denote "owned" or "shared" in this list, and have the standard sorting options.

16 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Enable FLAC Music Streaming from OneDrive

Many users today have FLAC music libraries. FLAC (free lossless audio codec) is a free, open-source, CD-quality file format which is in many ways superior to MP3. Unfortunately, you're currently unable to stream FLAC music from OneDrive through Groove Music.

Personally speaking, all but a few of my songs stored in OneDrive are FLAC format. Unfortunately, Groove music doesn't recognize these songs unless they are saved to my device locally. Therefore my Groove music library on my Lumia 950XL is empty, aside from the few songs in OneDrive I have saved as MP3s. Even if you search for a song…

2,008 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        38 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • OneDrive for Business - Support multiple OneDrive languages by default

I work in a very large company. The default language of our tenant is set to FR.
                                        However, we have thousands of users in numerous countries.
                                        For now, when a user chooses to change his preferred language in O365, all user interfaces change to the choosen language BUT OneDrive.
                                        We determine that if we want the "OneDrive For Business" language to be changed, accordingly to the user language settings, we have to set additional languages from each user interface, and then modify every single user profil to use advanced language settings as desired...
                                        Just a mess!
                                        And imagine that we…

69 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • auto upload creates folder by dates

When using the auto upload option in the Onedrive app, all images are uploaded to the same folder, even if they were on different folders on the phone.
                                          This results in a folder with large amount of images that is hard to maintain, and takes forever to load when opened.
                                          I suggest creating a separate folder for each month (2016_06 for example) and sort the images to different folders by date. This will make the images more organized and will solve the issue of having a huge folder with many files.

70 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1248 1249
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base