I suggest you ...

Remove the File size limit of 2GB for syncing.

There are numerous files that can exceed this file size. Especially if you're syncing family videos, large CAD files, or perhaps digital art files. This makes OneDrive not very useful for my purposes, and others I suspect.

I heard back in 2012 that this was something that the OneDrive team wanted to do but I haven't heard an update on this since then. Please let us know what's going on with this.

343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian HallBrian Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really Microsoft. I bought a Office 365 Personal subscription that includes 1TB storage in OneDrive. I though, great, now I can sync ALL my files, including backup images of computers. But no, the limit is still 2GB. Remove this stupid limit, PLEASE!

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're PROUD to announce a 10GB file size limit? Really??? WTF??? Google Drive supports files up to 5TB in size! I'm really gutted I bought a year subscription and cancelled my GDrive... I only discovered this silly limitation when re-syncing. At least make it 100GB... that would be somewhat acceptable. I like to keep things like computer hard drive images (Symantec Ghost etc) of my PCs backed up to the cloud... but with this silly system I have to split the file using WinRAR... very annoying.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen a lot of evidence that suggest this limit has been removed, however I still cannot seem to sync (Onedrive for Business) folders to my PC with files larger than roughly 2G. Are there some manual settings I am supposed to be looking into for these changes to come into effect?

• kurtkurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10gb limit is a show stopper. Now that unlimited was removed, file size should not be limited. Dropbox doesn't have a limit so i guess we'll be using them instead.

boom! it's done · Jason MooreAdminJason Moore (Group Program Manager, Microsoft, Microsoft) responded · September 11, 2014

We’re proud to announce OneDrive now supports up to 10 GB files.

Boom! Its not done

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It still displays sync problem and tells you your file size is too large if its over 2GB. If 10 is true, maybe the error should say 10GB instead of 2GB.

• AgnarAgnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Microsoft, fix this problem.

Because of the 2 GB cap, or for that matter, the 10 GB one, I will regretfully have to look for an alternative cloud solution.

• Andrew ThornAndrew Thorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please lift this for business customers.... its been more than a year since the rest of the cloud has had this lifted... for the love of God... please. Ill also say... a 10Gb is still very subpar... why does there have to be a limit at all??? its my space, why cant I use all of it in one upload if I want to!

• Shmuel HayempourShmuel Hayempour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay so basically what you guys are saying is all the personal users which is NOT The main bulk of the M$ corporate mammoth is currently happily uploading files up to 10GB (which is still pathetic If you are going to fix something do it right for G-ds sake don't just put a bandied on it) while us the loyal business customers are still suffering with a 16bit archaic system!?

• MArk BovieMArk Bovie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Micro$oft has forgotten its one drive for Business customers. Over a year and still have not lifted this crazy limitation. I think i have decided to deploy google drive for our school district of 35.000 users.

1,000 GB if storage but only 2 at a time. What the point. backups don't fix, images, zips, iso, etc...

This doesn't seem to work. I can upload files bigger than 2GB, but when I share it, my friends can't download the file. It cuts out when they reach 2GB.

• MiguelMiguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not available on all your products? I am on OneDrive for Business and it's giving me this message

"You can't upload files larger than 2.1GB to your OneDrive for Business"

You would think that for business accounts, this restriction would also be lifted.

When is this going to get fixed??

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base