I suggest you ...

Remove the File size limit of 2GB for syncing.

There are numerous files that can exceed this file size. Especially if you're syncing family videos, large CAD files, or perhaps digital art files. This makes OneDrive not very useful for my purposes, and others I suspect.

I heard back in 2012 that this was something that the OneDrive team wanted to do but I haven't heard an update on this since then. Please let us know what's going on with this.

343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian HallBrian Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelvin FayKelvin Fay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any fix for this? I keep getting this error message when trying to copy my backup (35GB). It's hardly worth having 1.1TB of storage if there's a 2GB limit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting the 2GB limit message on almst every file starting tonight. And none of the files are more than 50 MEGAbytes. Let alone 2 GB.

Come on Microsoft. Stop half assing every product.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hah, I'd like to alter my previous response. I did get an error message while copying the files to OneDrive that it doesn't support more than 2GB files. Although... disregarding that message and doing it anyway it actually seems like they've synced now last evening. Question is, are they complete when trying to download off another device or syncing to another computer...

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jason Moore, check your facts please. The 2GB limit still exist running Windows 10 and latest version of OneDrive. Please fix (again) then.

• Marcelo SantosMarcelo Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon! Don't waste your time with this **** sync tool! Switch to Google Drive or Dropbox and all your headaches will disappear!

• Gabriel BaronGabriel Baron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did I just get a message saying that OneDrive only supports files that are 2gb or less? Do I need to change a setting somewhere??

• DominicDominic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sizes with 100Gb an more shouldn't be a problem! Google drive has no problem with larger files.

• Naveendran MurthyNaveendran Murthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have my email backup files which are in a *.pst format. Its single file size is around 20GB. How do i upload this to Onedrive as it only supports max up to 10GB upload at one time?

• Robert CarefootRobert Carefoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's nearly 2017 and my Onedrive is still giving me this error message, and nowhere on the internet can I get anyone to explain why, or how to change this. There is only a whole lot of bragging from Onedrive pages to computer magazine expert reports.

The 10 GB limit should be increased. I have previous email email PST files that are 15 GB which is a normal PST size. It would be nice to be able to have them backed up.

This says it's been removed. It's 2016 and I still get the error that a file larger than 2GB won't upload? Please fix! Please help!

Microsoft is useless! Every other Operator offers you more service than them! Poor people who have to live with Microsoft. Also: Microsoft Hotmail has the worst spam filter ever, as they are to miserable to program a proper one, users are even ask to participate in evaluations so Microsoft could better "sort out" ****** spam mail. Microsoft clearly sucks, use Google and change to a operating System that doesn't make you pay for lack in programming (virus etc,)

I cannot believe this has still not been rectified. I have 1TB of online storage that I cannot use as my file is 130GB. I have to now pay Google for 1TB as my 100GB isnt enough and next level up is 1TB but at least it works

• DrewDrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought my external drive backup, not the one I wanted, because this one came with 200gig storage for 2 years. To find out, 200 gig storage, but 10 gig file size upload limit? My unreal game projects are upwards of 20 gigs or more, that is ridiculous, so am I to bust apart my projects into pieces and zip every time I want to Back up? I wish I would of known, I would of passed on this seagate and onedrive 200 gig storage.

← Previous 1 3 4

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base