I suggest you ...

Get a sharing link from Windows Explorer without visiting website

Dropbox doesn't force you to go to a website to get an link to share. It doesn't even require you to wait for the file to finish uploading before allowing you to copy a link. Please provide this functionality in the desktop context menu.

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian LBrian L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this was done in 2014 and removed for 2017? Would be nice to have a basic feature back.

• DrJCBDrJCB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't work out if this is going to apply to ON4B too. There are several suggestions asking for this with quite a few votes between them. is it being done?

• Rob ToroRob Toro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this mission-critical feature into the NextGen Sync Client. It feels like you guys don't use your own products. When you remove features from the primary file collaboration tool you are destroying peoples' workflow and productivity - which, is the whole point of these tools.

• KiaKia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely NOT true!! 7 April 2015 and this is still not available in my windows 8.1. And yes, I do have automatic updates turned on.

• Dirk-Jan van VlietDirk-Jan van Vliet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's already about a month ago that this feature started rolling out. However, I'm still not having this functionality. Was one of the main reasons I finally switched over from Dropbox to OneDrive. When can I expect this feature?

• Niklas OlofssonNiklas Olofsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What sort of link? Directly to the file as in Dropbox?
        I am trying to make up my mind. Switch to OneDrive or stay with Dropbox. if it is a direct link to the file so that we can use the links for showing pictures and stuff, then im sold.

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base