I suggest you ...

Enable uploading of folders via OneDrive.com

Allow to upload whole folders for OneDrive on the web. It should be possible to upload folders by drag and drop from the desktop to the browser window.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MatthiasMatthias shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tibuixtibuix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We cannot upload an entire folder in Onedrive. That's a chame for Microsoft. Most cloud services do!

• Paul SalmonPaul Salmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arrived here having just started Plex Cloud which boasts it can connect to OneDrive and same issue that it copies the folder and folder structure but doesn't upload all the files. Any fix?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I uploaded a few big folders which had files and folders inside them. When I came back to check the next day, my OneDrive uploads were borked and all the folders were empty. I lost a lot of stuff.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK I just installed OneDrive on my PC and a new MS account. It is Dec 18th 2016 and I am having the same problem. One post had it correct - it copies the folder and folder structure but doesn't upload all the files. I am missing 4.5GB of a 5GB folder and now it says it can't upload it again because there is already a folder by that name. (Its just missing 90% of the files inside the sub folders). I also see zero response from MS on this topic over the past 2 years. Seems they don't want this business. Use your feet people and walk, - no run, run away... Back to Google Drive for me. Luckily I just copied not transfered....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, seems this feature was killed by MS again as per sept 2016 under their 'new experience' monniker

• AnnieAnnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting errors that "your browser does not support folder upload" but I am only uploading pictures. Also getting random errors for browser not supporting file type - random and not true. Having a sync cloud that I cannot tell if certain family pics are syncing is useless to me and I am wasting a lot of time!

• AbrahamAbraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to upload folders through Chrome and every time I get this 'Aw, Snap' error. Got one TB space online, but unable to use. Unbelievable that MS can't get such a simple requirement of folder upload correct on IE. My files are much larger than the space available on local drive. I guess I have to buy an external hard disk as well now. I wasted money on 365

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem: Total space of files to upload is larger than available space on my local drive so the only other way to get the files to OneDrive is to upload using my browser. IE doesn't support folder uploads and Chrome will randomly stop and give the "Ah Snap" error. Unless I can find a fix or a work around I am looking at a very tedious process to get all my photos uploaded. I am really looking for MS to step up and help solve this problem before I get worn out and go back to DropBox!

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tried using the upload folder function on my web onedrive because i didnt have enough space on my hard drive to sync it that way. Its been over 2 hours and all I have is the Folder tree with NO files!!! Whats the deal MS! I just completed a migration to Win 10 for my company (Because onedrive and ALL its functionality was supposed to work with Win 10!)and my last step was to get all user files off my file server and pushed to onedrive. If I have to do this file by file or even subfolder by subfolder, I'm not gonna be happy! Please tell me I did something wrong!

• Drew MoenDrew Moen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature does not work - AT ALL. Also with the MS 365 offering, you cannot even install the one drive app if you have other programs that use a different installer, (Visio, Project). GIANT PHAIL for Microsoft Cloud Storage. StratServ - Microsoft Partner ID 4235427.. FYI Google Drive works great! What a shame.

• NoybNoyb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No no no no no no no it does NOT work at all. Boom you fail at everything. Don't care if I have the free account, way to make me not wait to pay for the service

• MariusMarius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can resurrect this, by saying no it does not work... In chrome it only creates a folder structure and randomly picks the files to upload.

• Clay OlmsteadClay Olmstead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not working with Edge. The directory tree gets created, but only a few files are uploaded. The empty folders have to be filled individually.

I guess that's a vote of no confidence for Edge, when even MS designers don't use it to test MS products.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why only Chrome?

Also, used the function and it uploaded very "quickly" and indicated it was completed, however, it wasnt actually finished and not all files uploaded. Seems incomplete

← Previous 1

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base