OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enforce PIN/Password on device when onedrive pro is synced

When a user syncs business data on their phone or tablet, via the app, the app should ensure that the PIN/Password is activated on the device. Otherwise, if the device is lost, anyone can access the locally cached data, and potentially access confidential business files.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a part of a broader mobile device management capability we are looking to deliver for businesses.

Also as a side note – as a part of our most recent Android app update we enabled support for users to set up a PIN. Simply create a 4 digit code, and you can limit access to the app and your files.

2. Show file names with spaces

I am using the onedrive android app to connect to my onedrive for business. The synced folders only show any characters up until the first space in the folder name and nothing more after that...?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. calculate file/folder name length the same way SharePoint online does

i believe SPO calculates folder/file names using a space = 1 character. onedrive for business sync app however calculates based on space = %20 = 3 characters. this results in *valid* files/folders from preventing the sync of the entire OD4B folder to a pc, even though there is nothing invalid.
    additionally, if this isn't fixed, you should return a full list of the offending files and perhaps offer to convert the space characters to _ or something to automatically resolve the issue.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the network access from a corporate environment

Playing with OneDrive for Business now, and man is it clunky in a business environment!

The URL list to get to Office 365 (and OneDrive for Business) is huge. And random: some .jp, some .uk, why? I have no resources in those countries (I'm in Australia).
    Worse, The URL list is the same as the consumer URL list. That's plain crazy!

Many businesses (including ours) actively block those consumer URLS, as a way of blocking corporate staff from accessing private email and web resources. It's a data leakage and security thing. You know - as implemented in most Corporate environments.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. video is not playing anymore. It worked the last years, since 2018 all videos do not play. Some Mp4 from 2016 i can still play. Video format

This is a Bug!
    video is not playing anymore. It worked the last years, since 2018 all videos do not play. Some Mp4 from 2016 i can still play. Video format is .mts . please investigate. thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update OneDrive for Business file size limit

Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add folder to onedrive

I would like to make a suggestion to make shared folder available locally on PC. Currently, the business user can only share a folder online, not able to make it locally available on the other person's PC (provided the other person is using Personal OneDrive). It would be great to see this possible.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you add folders to the filter option?

Can you add a feature to allow us to search by folder too? I'm starting to have problems connecting to files I loaded earlier into the ODFB. I can search and see the files but when I click to open the url fails with this message. It's like the files have disappeared.
    If you add the file sort by folder I can get to folder and get to the file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Resyncing to Different Folder

OneDrive has lost its blinking mind: All my Sharepoint library syncs suddenly disconnect and I have to re-sync. Only this time I'm never asked which folder to sync to so OneDrive starts over completely in a new folder it's never defaulted to in the past. OneDrive is so unstable, unreliable, and frustrating it's hard to believe this is a Microsoft product. Please put some serious effort into OneDrive as it's a promising platform that's insanely unpleasant to have as the linchpin to our business file system.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

*English follows Japanese

■件名: 安定したサービスの提供を要望します。
    ■内容:
    サービスがService Incidentで利用ができないことが多いです。
    特にExchange Online、SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business 等は、アクセスできないことでビジネスに致命的な遅れが生じる場合があります。
    クラウドサービスは、いつでもどこでも利用できることが最大の利点であるはずなので、年間に数回も利用できなくなるような事が無くなるよう強く要望します。
    =====
    Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

We would inform you that the services are oftenly being unavailable due to service Incident occurred. Specifically, if Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business are having the connecting issue, it affects a fatal impact on our business due to the inability to access the sites.

I believe that the main advantage of a cloud service is the service can be used anytime and anywhere by the multipul users. Therefore, I really hope the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

*English follows Japanese

■件名: 安定したサービスの提供を要望します。
    ■内容:
    サービスがService Incidentで利用ができないことが多いです。
    特にExchange Online、SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business 等は、アクセスできないことでビジネスに致命的な遅れが生じる場合があります。
    クラウドサービスは、いつでもどこでも利用できることが最大の利点であるはずなので、年間に数回も利用できなくなるような事が無くなるよう強く要望します。
    =====
    Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

We would inform you that the services are oftenly being unavailable due to service Incident occurred. Specifically, if Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business are having the connecting issue, it affects a fatal impact on our business due to the inability to access the sites.

I believe that the main advantage of a cloud service is the service can be used anytime and anywhere by the multipul users. Therefore, I really hope the…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable the Ability to Overwrite a file but keep the Download Link

This would be useful to ensure that people are always downloading the most current version of whatever I'm distributing through OneDrive.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import photo tags from file

I am importing photos containing tags but these are not visible in one drive. If effort was spent already to tag photos in another system, they should be imported.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Browser scroll issue in OneDrive for Business

各ブラウザー (Internet Explorer、Edge、Chrome、Firefox) で OneDrive for Business を新しいユーザー インターフェースで表示する際に、スクロールの問題が発生します。

1. OneDrive for Business に Office などのファイルを 30 ~ 40 格納します。
    2. ページを再読み込みし、ページ下部のファイルのファイル名の左側の [○] をクリックし、チェックをいれます。
    3. ページを上部にスクロールします。

<想定された動作>
    そのままページが上部にスクロールします。

<発生している問題のある動作>
    チェックをいれたファイル (ページ下部) まで自動的にスクロールし、ページ上部の表示ができません。

・ ページを再読み込みすることで一時的に改善しますが、ファイルにチェックをいれると再度発生します。
    ・ 新しいユーザー インターフェースで発生し、従来のユーザー インターフェースでは発生しません。
    ・ 100 % 発生するわけではなく、何度かページを読み込みすると、発生したり、発生しなかったりします。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Y

Ratese zone z the best z

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add name / note to file or folder shared with me - use case of a poor name from sender

Often a sender will have a poor name for their file or folder. (example: 2016 Project) thus when I go back through my list of shared files it will be difficult to remember what that file is or what the one I was looking for was called - if you could add a personal note / name in addition to the actual name for items that are shared with you it would be helpful in remembering

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable Link and Share Option

OneDrive on the cloud.
    If I copy the link after the share operation, this link not work.
    I have to copy before the link and then share with someone the folder/file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Visual Studio / Xamarian - Android and Visual C# Directory incompatibility

When using ODfB and installing Visual Studio with Xamarian - ODfB actually crashes and disconnects.

It also complains that it doesn't support the file length Depth...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Office 365 health, readiness, and connectivity checks Fails to detect OD4B v16

The "Office 365 health, readiness, and connectivity checks" Tool in the admin portal doesn't detect OD4B v16. I get errors showing up when I run a basic test.
    The check 'OneDrive: Checking if you have the latest cumulative updates for the OneDrive client' gives the following error:
    Your version of OneDrive is out of date. Click on the link in the actions pane to download the update. You are on version '' and the latest version is '15.0.4551.1007'.

According to Programs and Features I'm running Office ProPlus - en-us version 16.0.6001.1043. Office update button reports I'm running the latest version.…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to move data between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business

Method to move data between the two systems without having to move the data "locally" and then back up to the other system

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 157 158 159 161 Next →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base