OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easy to disable Office 365 group creation in One Drive

The PowerShell to turn this off is extremely complicated and requires most companies a support call to assist them with it. This feature creates a site collection and is very powerful and should rarely be accessible by a standard user. Please put a setting on the OneDrive administration panel to turn off Office 365 group creation except for Global Administrators.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move files or email them without downloading

When moving files between one drive accounts or attaching to email you need to download to device - why. Use the cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. but I'm not a guest contributor - provide link to login

When a colleague (within same corporate onedrive contract) sends me a file to edit, I open the link to find that I'm guest contributor. This prevents me from editing. So, why not

Have a link to log-in to onedrive from the "guest contributor" state (e.g. if from a browser that doesn't auto log me in).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ACTUALLY Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

This is a repost of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/13697118-enable-long-file-path-for-onedrive-for-business

because Jason Moore marked the previous suggestion as "BOOM IT's DONE" .... but he linked to an article that DOES NOT reference long file paths at all!... so everything indicates that it's NOT done...

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move shared folders to my own one drive

At the moment, one drive does not allow folders shared with me to be moved or synced into my one drive. Because of this, all shared folders never sync into my desktop which makes workflow TERRIBLE. please make it possible to move shared folders around. Dropbox makes this very easy for businesses.

I find it very dumb that I have to download shared folders to then upload them into my own folder....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to edit offline files on iOS and Android

Provide the same functionality that is available in Windows and MacOS sync clients that allows offline files to be edited. Curently read-only

(NOTE: Files marked offline are read-only - you can edit the file only when you're online. If you edit the file offline, it saves as a new file, and does not change the original OneDrive file.)

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow only OneDrive for Business users to select the Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

In case I make [OneDrive] tile displayed, I am aware even the users prohibited to use OneDrive for Business are able to save them by choosing [Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>]. I would say that is against our business operation handling, and therefore I hope that only only OneDrive for Business users will be able to check Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve the recycle bin interface

The recycle bin interface is incredibly primitive and really only useful if you need to recover a file or two that you've deleted very recently. If you're looking to restore something that was accidentally deleted a while back and not noticed, then it's very difficult as you have to scroll through many deleted files. For starters, there should be a search/filter by file name. For more complex tasks, the user interface as used by most backup solutions (like DPM) would be helpful, e.g. recover all files deleted from a specific folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the feature to be displayed the setting screen of the time zone when initial accessing to OneDrive for Business.

I am aware of the behavior the intial OneDrive for Business displays the time zone is set to the Pacific Standard Time by default thus the user is required to open the setting screen and correct the time zone. I hope the feature will be implemented to display the setting screen of the time zone automatically when initial accessing to OneDrive for Business. Thank you for your support.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. implement the feature to set the defaulted percentage of StorageQuotaWarningLevel.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :個人用サイトの容量の警告を出す値 (StorageQuotaWarningLevel) について
    ■内容: 元は、OneDrive for Business の容量の 90 % で設定されていた個人用サイトの容量の警告を出す値 (StorageQuotaWarningLevel) が、OneDrive for Business の既定の容量を 5 TB に引き上げたところ、新たに作成される個人用サイトでは 5 TB の 97.5 % で作成される動作となった。

警告を発するレベルを一定に設定するという運用をしているため、現時点では、ユーザーが新規に OneDrive for Business の利用を開始するたびに PowerShell で StorageQuotaWarningLevel を設定し直す必要がある。これが手間なので、既定の StorageQuotaWarningLevel のパーセンテージを設定する機能を実装してほしい。
    -----
    In case of checking the value of personal site storage, I experience the behavior that the StorageQuotaWarningLevel once set with 90% of OneDrive for Business storage is created as 97.5% of 5TB in a personal site newly created when the fixed storage rises up to 5TB. I would say that this causes us troubles because at this moment I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneDrive on Linux

we are a diverse org. we use PC , MAC and Liunx. it is realy good to have a client for OneDrive on Linux

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Administrator role in O365 Admin Center

Hi,
    In most of enterprise environments is due to complexity support of various services on O365 platform divided into separate support teams. (i.e. Exchange, Sharepoint teams)

With OneDrive Admin Center available I would expect that new role is introduced in O365 Admin Center to enable possibility to grant access rights for specific people only to OneDrive Admin center.

At moment you have to be Global Admin and this doesnt fit most of support models in place.

ODB Admin group should have access thru provisioned mySites, view-only acces to Audit Logs for troubleshooting purposes, and of course possibility to modify OneDrive…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow controlling the permission to share among the users in the organization.

I am aware of that there is a function to restrict "external sharing" available on OneDrive for Business. However, I feel It is inconvenient that the simultaneous editing is becoming impossible due to forgetting to close the file. In addition, if the users have the permission for "browsing only" hence they are not able to open the file in Office of the client, but it is possible to print the "Print" contents when opening the file via the browser by now.

Therefore, I hope the feature will improve enables controlling the permission to share among the users in the organization…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync Document Libraries from On Premise SharePoint to macOS

Was hoping the new client for Mac would support this feature, since you stated the Windows and Mac versions of OneDrive for Business would follow eachother feature wise. In regards to clicking the "Sync" button on a On Premise SharePoint site, this still isn't the case.

This feature works on Windows.

PLEASE fix this. We are utilizing 3 party services like dropbox, box and services a like, just to be able to share files and documents between Mac and Windows users.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Photo album in Ondrive for business

Please add the photo management that is available in onedrive personal to Ondrive for business!
    Now I pay and I dont have the features!!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Music Streaming ODfB

Provide the facility to stream music from One Drive For Business - bit like personal One Drive and Groove Music. some of us work in the Media industry so this is for Business as well as personal use when travelling. Enabling One Drive for Business in Groove would provide this facility.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive for Business - Support multiple OneDrive languages by default

I work in a very large company. The default language of our tenant is set to FR.
    However, we have thousands of users in numerous countries.
    For now, when a user chooses to change his preferred language in O365, all user interfaces change to the choosen language BUT OneDrive.
    We determine that if we want the "OneDrive For Business" language to be changed, accordingly to the user language settings, we have to set additional languages from each user interface, and then modify every single user profil to use advanced language settings as desired...
    Just a mess!
    And imagine that we…

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shared with me

Shared with me

Under shared with me users can see all documents that are shared with that specific user.
    What if there is additional feature so user can organise all this shared stuff in to folders?
    What do you guys think about that ?

Raf

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow sync ignore to make OneDrive viable for development

OneDrive has repeatedly ignored the community regarding this extremely simple and required feature for the use of OneDrive in software development and other environments.

Like many other people, I feel this is a product-breaking bug which renders it unusable for development across multiple computers. Every other professional product that is nowhere near the scale of OneDrive has this feature.

Like many other people, we're forced to find alternatives to OneDrive because the developers don't feel it necessary. Like many other people, I have no interest in using OneDrive for some uses, and then a fully functional cloud service for other…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base