OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can`t move or copy shared files over 50 MB to my own OneDrive for Business when using the old user interface.

I can`t move or copy shared files over 50 MB to my own OneDrive for Business when using the old user interface.
    I would like you to remove any limitations that make it impossible to move or copy files over 50 MB as soon as possible.
    I also would like a function that allows to check the operation history in case that files couldn`t be moved.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download folder

I would like to have the ability to download a folder as a .zip ind One Drive for Business like in One Drive.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't change the OD4B Locale language.

Every user can't change the Locale language from Spanish (default) to English in our One Drive For Business personal profile.

In Site Settings>Site Administration>Regional Settings.
    The Locale Language can't be change to English.
    If selected the English and click on OK. It has an error of:
    "The column "Title" in the list or library "SharePointHomeCacheList" has been marked for indexing. Please turn off all indexed columns before changing the collation of this site. You may re-index those columns after the collation of the site has been changed."

We need to change the Locale Language to English so that if a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to rename my onedrive folder name. The nomenclature "OneDrive - Your Company Name" is unnecessarily long

The file path limit of 256 characters is very limiting and annoying in and of itself. It is crazy that the mandatory folder name for the OneDrive for business folder is "OneDrive - Your Business Name". For my business, this adds on almost 20 characters! I already have a cloud service and when I tried to drag my folders over, many files will not sync simply because of this long folder name. I am forced to go back and re-work my folder and file structure.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Too many characters / File name too long

In our office we are using (migrated from Alfresco to SharePoint) OneDrive for business it works fine, but we have serious problems with file names that are too long or containing to many characters. It makes me and my colleagues quite desperate since every week we have to check the problems and we have to shorten the names. This is extremely annoying and should be there anymore, its the year 2017 and we are storing more and more data.

(Dropbox has not this issue, so they should be a way to fix this)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive for Business and Windows Terminal Servers

I would like better integration with Windows Terminal Services. You have to create user rights in Office365 and Terminal Services if the files are housed in a drive other than C: on the terminal server. This is of course double work. The other option is to load OneDrive in the user profiles on the C:. This avoids the need to manage rights on the terminal server and only through Office365, but it saves the files multiple times and eats up space. There should be a way to control rights only through Office365 and save the file only once on the…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix OneDrive Business vs Personal Schizophrenia!

Federate OneDrive for Business and Personal authentication. This schizophrenia of Microsoft Live, Microsoft Partner, Microsoft Developer, Personal login miasma is driving me nuts.

I have used SugarSync, DropBox, and Google Drive without ANY of the misery that I have experienced with OneDrive. How Microsoft is implementing this convoluted identity / authentication / syncronization / and (ugh) SharePoint sync is absolutely nuts and DOES NOT WORK.

Keep it simple. Stop trying to "own" the user. We have way too many identities for you to follow. Simply provide what we are looking for: Cloud storage that syncs with our devices, anywhere, anytime…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please buy/look at 'Zee Drive' and incorporate it into ODFB

The product 'Zee Drive' by Thinkscape has some great ideas on how to achieve reliable use of ODFB for everyday desktop client users. It relies on a 'localhost server' and connect to 365 via standard public APIs, to fake a network drive which is centrally configured to 'mount' folders, which can actually be ODFB/SP libraries or network shares. It allows a network administrator to deploy different mounted folders to different user groups.

If this idea of a 'fake network drive' were incorporated with OFDB, it would have numerous advantages. For one, the OFDB client could rely on a document database…

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One way sync, modify only sync

When many users sync a sharepoint document library to their local machine, they have a copy of the synced document. Modifications to this copy get synced back by design.

Even delete actions. You cannot prevent users from accidentially removing a synced folder on their system. Sometimes they forget to stop the sync before removing a folder, sometimes they are just not aware of the fact that a delete will get synced.

As this action gets replicated to the sharepoint library, the documents are wiped everywhere, (including other people who are syncing the directory).

It's a lot of administratove effort to…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneDrive App Won't Stay Signed In

Ever since I updated to WIndow 10 my OneDrive App won't stay signed in. It prompts me to sign in, but then syncs and signs out automatically again. I've tried every single trouble shooting option with Support Staff today and even created a new profile on my laptop and it still won't stay synced. Is there any way to uninstall JUST OneDrive and Re-install it again?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use local server as cache for off-line file access and on-premise backups

Most businesses cannot forego the use of local file server storage. They want offline access to files, they need their storage to be compatible with Line of Business (LOB) software and they need local networking speeds.

By providing a "local OneDrive cache" that can run on a Windows Server, customers would be able to benefit from local network performance and offline (no internet) access to shared files. Maybe more importantly, businesses could backup their OneDrive data through their regular backups software therefore getting rid of three major business objections in one go and paving the way for wider adoption.

Ideally,…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Retitle or Rename File Should Not Break URL/Link

If the filename changes, this should not break the URL. A user may have shared a link/URL to a file and then changed the filename.

Please allow filenames to be changed and links to remaining working.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for special characters in the company name

Hi, our company name contains special characters like the german 'ü' and the '&' sign. When we connect the new OneDrive app to our Office 365 tenant, it shows the sync folder as 'OneDrive -Business 1'. When i remove the special characters from the company name in Office 365, the sync folder is displayed correctly as 'OneDrive - <Company name>'. Is there a chance that international characters will be supported in the company names?

Thanks,
    Oliver

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. onedrive.apk应该提供本地路径设置功能。方便文件归类管理! onedrive for business应该支持微软账户!

onedrive.apk应该提供本地路径设置功能。方便文件归类管理!
    onedrive for business应该支持微软账户!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto create a onedrive link when attachment is over the limit

Email attachment via outlook desktop application or OWA, when a user attach a file over the limit, the application should auto move the file into onedrive and create a guest shared link for the recipient easily download it without creating a Microsoft account. When click on the guest share link, it should redirect to a webpage where the file expiry date, as well as a download button to get hold of the files.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjuntar archivos de sitios en sharepoint desde outlook 365

No se pueden adjuntar archivos situados en mis sitios sharepoint cuando escribo un correo en outlook 365, solo archivos que están en mi ordenador local o en one drive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow links/shortcuts/pins to other people's shared folders

If a folder has been shared with a security group in a colleague's OneDrive, it is not possible to create a link to it in your own OneDrive.

- Documents can be followed, but folders cannot
    - Shared With Me does not show folders shared with groups (by design)
    - The OneDrive navigation pane cannot be modified

Ways to get to the folder include:
    - Keeping hold of the email link (this gets nasty when you have several)
    - Creating a favourite (this is browser specific though)
    - Manually going into the person's OneDrive (providing you have permission to see…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request for setting of automatic synchronization of OS standard folder

For synchronization of OS standard folders like My Documents, Desktop etc., Please make it easy for administrator or user to set up. For example, it is very convenient if there is a method such as preparing a check box.
    Since I also confirmed that it is implemented in other cloud storage services like iCloud (function is limited but, iCloud can select the sync target by check box ), I'd like you to implement it on OD4B as well.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Differential synchronization

In the current OD4B specification, when updating the file in the folder to be synchronized, the updated file, not the difference, is fully synchronized, which leads to the tightness of the communication of the end user's NW by the communication of OD4B.
    In our recognition, only Word, Excel, PowerPoint files supports differential sync, if OD4B deal with files that created other applications as well, it will be very helpful.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XML Export/Import of your current (filtered) document libraries

More and more people have more than one device. I like to have an export/import XML Structure of the current filtered document libs folders. So then I'm able to import these configuration on another device without doing the time consuming filter job.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base