OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. be aware of the inconvenience of the updated Office365.

I am frequently unable to use the feature previously available when it comes to the updates in the entire Office365. I hope the feature available at this moment to remain useful when updated because I feel inconvenient if I could be unable use the feature itself or if the method of setting could be complicated.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Shared with me Folder to OneDrive

Add the option to add a shared folder or file to your OneDrive for Business. I want to be able to organize shared files and folders with my content on OneDrive. This capability is available in Google Drive (https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375057?hl=en) and should be available with OneDrive.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the feature of settings that the users are able to download files from an anonymous access link more easily.

I hope the feature will be added to the settings that the users are able to download files by clicking the link when sharing files through the anonymous access links.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. improve the feature added into the Forms for Excel.

I am aware that in case of setting the questions at the [Choice], an user seem to select them along with the radio button and I really hope the pull down to be available because we get used to its button within Excel survey. Additionally, I wish the features such as numerical value, date, time and Yes/No once used for our convenience on Excel survey to be implemented as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Wishing the viewing of the classic Office 365 within One Drive for Business's modern UI

I've found the location to show the Office 365 within One Drive for Business's modern UI changed into the site viewing. I feel it inconvenient if I experience this behavior because I have a difficulty in accessing the current files shared among Office 365 groups. I am also confused by this sudden issue because I'm not informed in advance of this behavior change within Message Center.So, I hope the public information about this change to be open in advance.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the feature improvement to be disabled the display message of the confirm to delete the external user via PowerShell.

Now I am considering to operate periodically deleting the external user information in the near future. In the meantime, a confirmation message "Do you want to perform this operation?" appears when processing “Remove-SPOExternalUser” so that the user is required to click [Y] to execute the operation via PowerShell Cmdlets. Due to the work process result in a reduction of the time, I hope the feature will be implemented enables deleting the user without displaying a confirmation message.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable displaying the items of [Open Excel], [Open ExcelOnline] by using Mac OS.

I am aware of the behavior of that the edit items on Office files saved in OneDrive for Business have not displayed for multiple browsers by using Mac OS. Specifically, the contents of [Open Excel], [Open ExcelOnline] are not shown on the screen when opening the file on OneDrive for Business from various browser along with Mac OS. There is a workaround to avoid this event, as like using Windows OS or returning to the classic display of OneDrive for Business, however, we have not solved this fundamental event yet. I assume it may cause of the impact of updating…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. expand minimum path length to 1,550 characters

255 character path length is absurdly inadequate

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be aware of the error occurs that the search result cannot be displayed when selecting a security group as a share partner.

In case I share the items within OneDrive for Business, I know that the suggested searches are normally displayed along with the 3 capital letters of goup name. If I input the security group name as the sharing partner, on the other hand, I found the error stating "Sorry, we're having trouble reaching the server". Although I am able to show if I would perform the sharing right after opening an another page or the suggested searches could be displayed if I would click the messsage once viewed on the screen, I have no idea of why this is happening…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit Photo Tags on OneDrive for Business

Support indicated that editing photo tags is only possible on standard OneDrive. Bringing it to the Business side too would be great for basic tagging of photos so no other solutions outside Office365 would be needed.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve the feature that enables adding translation function for Excel Online as well.

I assume that it's possible to translate sentences in documents in Word Online on OneDrive for Business at present. However, I cannot find the similar content [Translate] in Excel Online so far. It would be great if the function will be implemented to provide [Translate] content for Excel Online as well.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the admin controlling the setting of downloading the shared files for the external users.

I am aware the external user who has not the formal account is able to download the shared files freely at the present, which behavior is not I wanted, so that I hope the feature will be implemented that the admin enables controlling the setting of downloading the shared files for the external users.(same as "Edit" and "View only" settings)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. implement the feature to share limit on organizational user.

I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to make a limit on the sharing for organizational user.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I attempt to sync the folders with the next sync client within Windows 7 and its sync folder's name has been corrupted.

I request that the sync folders'characters should not be corrpted in case of sharing with [Shared with Me] of SharePoint document library and OneDrive for Business under the conditions below. I hope that I will be able to open the files properly.

・Windows 7 + Internet Explorer
    ・ Windows 7 + Google Chrome

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding the "OneDrive" item of the Office client

When following the path “File” – “Save as” – “OneDrive” – “Sign in” on the Office Client, it is not possible to log in to Office 365, even when correctly inputting the account information. That`s inconvenient. I`d like to be actually able to log in from that screen.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve the feature to download the items only in the sync folder for the shared users.

For security protection, I hope the feature will be implemented that the shared users can be downloaded the items to only the sync folder. I do not want them to download the items outside of the sync folder.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented the shared users is allowed to download the items in the sync folder only as soon as possible.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow the permission setting in case of selecting the [One Drive File as attachment] through OWA.

In case of sending the message with file attachment through OWA and select the [One Drive File as attachment], I hope the behavior to be shown that could allow me to choose the defaulted [Receiver be displayed] when modifying the permission.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add Preview for SVG files

One Drive for Business and SharePoint Online fail to preview SVG files.
    This is a common format for web vector graphic files.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. define precisely [Active User].

I have a comment on Office365 admin center's [Report] – [Usage]. In case of checking the usage of OneDrive for Business, I would say that
    the definition of [Active User] is unclear, and therefore I hope the public information about the [Report] to be useful enough to understandin what situation an user would be counted or whether the date is Japanese standard time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

*English follows Japanese

■件名: 安定したサービスの提供を要望します。
    ■内容:
    サービスがService Incidentで利用ができないことが多いです。
    特にExchange Online、SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business 等は、アクセスできないことでビジネスに致命的な遅れが生じる場合があります。
    クラウドサービスは、いつでもどこでも利用できることが最大の利点であるはずなので、年間に数回も利用できなくなるような事が無くなるよう強く要望します。
    =====
    Provide the stable service by reducing the service incident.

We would inform you that the services are oftenly being unavailable due to service Incident occurred. Specifically, if Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business are having the connecting issue, it affects a fatal impact on our business due to the inability to access the sites.

I believe that the main advantage of a cloud service is the service can be used anytime and anywhere by the multipul users. Therefore, I really hope the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base