OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Document Libraries from On Premise SharePoint to macOS

Was hoping the new client for Mac would support this feature, since you stated the Windows and Mac versions of OneDrive for Business would follow eachother feature wise. In regards to clicking the "Sync" button on a On Premise SharePoint site, this still isn't the case.

This feature works on Windows.

PLEASE fix this. We are utilizing 3 party services like dropbox, box and services a like, just to be able to share files and documents between Mac and Windows users.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo album in Ondrive for business

Please add the photo management that is available in onedrive personal to Ondrive for business!
    Now I pay and I dont have the features!!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow an admin to restrict the users who should be shared externally along with a specified e-mail address.

At this point, the setting is available that allows the external sharing along with a specific domain only. I hope you to allow me for the sharing not only with the domain but also the mail address once specified.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhance providing the update information about the details of the event caused or the influence for the users.

I would like to get know the update information about the details of the event caused or the influence for the users. Before, the screen could display only 100 items apparently, it was not even appearing to scroll down the screen. (when 100 more files were saved to OneDrive for Business) Currently, the event has improved therefore it is no problem to see all the files in the browser, however, I believe it was a temporary event that affected causing by some updates. I am assuming the Update was running on Office 365 server side at the time.

If the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. implement the sync feature for Shared with me folder.

I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to perform the bulk synchronization of all the files or folders when clicking the "Share with me" in OneDrive for Business's private site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. be aware of the behavior that the [Open in Excel] is displaying in grayout state via Internet Explorer 11/Google Chrome.

I have comments that this feature improvement has been continuously requested by multiple users below.

I am aware of the behavior that the [Open in Excel] button is displayed in a grayout state when opening the Excel file with the password via Google Chrome browser and Internet Explorer 11. Please see below the screen shot file attached.

In the current situation, it causes the troubles in business so that I hope you to implement the feature to fix unwilling behavior as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change Default folder color in Onedrive

Change the default folder color from black or give us the option to change the default folder color. Some of our users are complaining they are visually challenged and are unable to see the folder.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow controlling the external sharing of access to the Excel questionnaire.

For security protection, I wish the Excel questionnaire will not be allowed using for the users in the external sharing restriction.(by enable/disable setting) Furthermore, it would be great if the feature will be implemented enables to control the external sharing for each item by settings as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement the automatic machine translation in SharePoint Online's variation feature.

By SharePoint Online's using variation site, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to perform the automatic translation into Japanese Source Site(From language site) after editing the Target Site(To language site) in English.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wishing to sync along with setting of priority

In case the synchronization through One Drive for Business's sync client is implemented, I wish I could take a priority over the folders I select for my convenience during the synchronization.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow to restrict the permission for [Allow Edit] by the admin setting.

I am aware of that the admin can choose to grant permission for Allow Edit or View Only when sharing items with the users in OneDrive for Business. For the security protection, I hope the feature will be improved enables controlling the user's permission of [Allow Edit] voluntarily by the adimin setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make me select the setting of "Sync the Office opened files with Office 2016"at the time of synchronization setting.

I am aware that the setting of "Sync the Office opened files with Office 2016" turns out automatically be enable after a synchronization setting of One Drive for Business and SharePoint site and I can't select its setting at the time of sync setting. Therefore, I hope that users will be able to choose the setting they wish.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to implement the bulk setting of timezone within personal site.

I hope the setting to be utilized that enables for the bulk setting of personal site's timezone along with admins' use of Power Shell as an example.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. consider my comment on the modern sharing screen within One Drive for Business.

I have been performing the sharing by inputting an user name at the time of[sharing]along with a right-click of an item. On a new sharing screen, I have a difficulty in understanding how the screen is proceeding due to the default behavior leading to the sharing along with the method set within a SharePoint admin center's[default link type].
    I am afraid that there will be a possibility I would experience the sharing behavior that I don't even intend to, and therefore I hope the new sharing method to be switched back to a classic one.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to switch off the user name prediction function for sharing

Quoting Customer:

We would like to keep other user`s accounts invisible as much as possible when using OneDrive for Business. For this purpose, we would like a function that allows to switch the user name prediction function that tries to auto-complete to previously entered user names or e-mail addresses based on on the first 3 characters off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow switching the owner's authority for OneDrive for Business by settings.

I hope the feature will be improved to enable setting for the owner's authority freely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wishing the synchronization that allows updated details within system

In case One Drive for Business's sync client stops, I wish I could check automatically the updated data on Cloud when the synchronization restarts.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. have the newsfeed controlled.

I hope the feature of newsfeed to be implemented that could enable to control the access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make OneDrive for Business unavailable temporarily.

In case an user is temporally unable to get access OneDrive for Business on the ground that he or she leaves of absence from duty, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable for the employee to use the OneDrive for Business as has been at the time of being back in the position.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Music Streaming ODfB

Provide the facility to stream music from One Drive For Business - bit like personal One Drive and Groove Music. some of us work in the Media industry so this is for Business as well as personal use when travelling. Enabling One Drive for Business in Groove would provide this facility.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base