OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the feature to confirm access permissions granted to items on OneDrive for Business in a list

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムに付与されたアクセス権限を一覧で確認する方法。

Provide the feature to confirm access permissions granted to items on OneDrive for Business in a list
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムに付与されたアクセス権限を確認する場合、現時点では一つずつアイテムを選択しアクセス権限を確認する方法のため、一括でアイテムの共有権限を確認する、または csv ファイル名などの出力で確認する機能の実装をお願いいたします。

Currently, we have to check each item on OneDrive for Business one by one to confirms the access permissions granted to those items, and it is very inconvenient.

In order to reduce time and effort, we hope the feature will be provided to confirm all the access permissions granted to items at once or export them in CSV files.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag and drop - ability to lock

One really annoying thing with scrolling for folders In onedrive is that one your phone and you are swiping to scroll down sometimes folders drag and drop into other folders.

Is there any feature on the cards to “lock folder” or turn off drag and drop?

This is mainly when using on a phone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. display custom column onedrive modern view

right now when a new custom column is added to OneDrive, it would show up at classic view, but not in modern. It would be great if this could show up in modern view as well. see more info at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/columns-in-new-one-drive/d09b934b-3f0c-42b7-ae64-4cf883bd78ae

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Admin Center show list of all site collections

Within the OneDrive Admin Center there should be a page that provides a list of all OneDrive for Business site collections, their owners, the ability to delete a site and the ability to export the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to update the OneDrive for Business sync client manually

*English follows ********
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントのアップデート機能について

Allow users to update the OneDrive for Business sync client manually
    ■Description(内容):
    現在の OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントでは、自動アップデートが標準の設定であるが、手動でのアップデート機能を搭載してほしい。

In the current OneDrive for Business sync client, the automatic update is the standard setting.
    In addition to that, it will be great if the manual update option is available as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add feature to control sharing for distribution groups and security groups on OneDrive for Business

*English follows ********

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で配布グループやセキュリグループに対して共有を禁止する機能
    Add feature to control sharing for distribution groups and security groups on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のファイルやフォルダーを共有する際に、ユーザーに対してのみ共有されるよう、配布グループやセキュリグループへの共有を制限したい。
    グループへの共有を禁止する機能を提供してほしい。

We would like to share files and folders on OneDrive for Business only for individual users and restrict the sharing with distribution groups and security groups.
    For the improving of security, we hope the feature will be provided to users enable restricting to share with groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When there is a file saved in a OneDrive folder, I would like the ability to select a file on my desktop to replace it as the next version.

If I have a file saved to a OneDrive Folder, I'd like to be able to select a file from my desktop to replace it as the next version of that file. For Example, I have a file named File.doc in a folder. Someone emails me File v2.doc. I would like to be able to right click on the File.doc and add new version by clicking on File v2.doc without having to rename it. This is a feature of Box.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows update causes

Somehow (my IT company thinks was caused by a windows update) my onedrive lost the connection to my login information if it is setup to automatically sync. When prompted to enter in your login information to resolve the sync, you can only type in your e-mail address and the password box never pops up. Thus never allowing onedrive to ever login. Microsoft tech support and my IT company have tried troubleshooting this issue, and the only resolution is to turn the automatic sync off onedrive. Bummer... Hopefully the engineers can take a look this issue and see if there's a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. KFM (Known Folder Move) needs more customer customization.

I would like to add Favorites, Music, Videos to KFM and also have the option to put Documents in the root of OneDrive versus in a "Documents" folder in OneDrive.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Intune for Educaction with Known Folder move

Intune for Education contains a Shared PC setting that prevents students from saving any data to Folders or desktop. We propose to change this setting and implement Known Folder Move as part of Shared PC settings. This way, students and teachers get normal UI but don't loose data if their profile gets deleted with logout

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to hide/remove app individually from Office 365 portal

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 ポータルページのアプリ一覧非表示について

Ability to hide/remove app from Office 365 portal individually
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 ポータルページのアプリ一覧に不要なアプリは非表示にするか、クリックしても権限がないなど表示されて、使用できなくする機能の実装希望

Currently removing individual app is not an option, so to restrict users from some apps, there should be an option to hide/remove unwanted apps or shows “unauthorized” when users click the restoricted apps on office 365 portal start page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Version control bulk settings by running PowerShell cmdlets

■Title(件名):
    バージョン管理の設定を PowerShell コマンドレットで実施できるようにしたい

Version control bulk settings by running PowerShell cmdlets
    ■Description(内容):
    サイト コレクションごとにバージョン管理の設定を手動で実施するのは大変なため、PowerShell コマンドレットで一括で実施できるようにしてほしい

As users have to setup version control manually settings on each site collections and we think it’s just too much hustle to go through, for improvement of usability and manageability, it would be nice if users can setup version control bulk settings by running PowerShell cmdlets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share Permissions

There needs to be some further granularity on the permissions for sharing of files and folders.

Currently it's either View or View, Edit, Delete

Please add the abilty to View & Edit

I can think of many of occasions where we are sharing data external to the company with vendors that we want them to be able to modify documents and upload them but not allow them to have the ability to delete items.

Something like this should've already been in place - this is just a general access ability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want the program to know what has been sync and what has not

I want the onedrive to identify where the folder that it has synced previously if it recognized the previous machine then make a suggestion and which file it has synced, or if the files has the same name, it can be choose not to sync, instead of changing the name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow opening Office files in Office client instead of Office Online.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 内の Officeファイルを開く動作について

Allow opening Office files in Office client instead of Office Online.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内の Officeファイルを開く際、既定では Office Online で開かれるが、Office クライアントで開くように設定したい。個人用サイト単位ではなく、テナント単位で設定を行う機能の提供を希望。

When opening an Office file in OneDrive for Business, it will be opened in Office Online by default.
    However, I would like to set it to open those files in Office client.

For improvement of usability, I hope you to provide the option to open Office files in client by default. Also, it will be great if the option would be set for tenant basis, not personal basis.

Thank…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email notification on sync error

■Title(件名):
    同期エラーをメールで通知してほしい

Email notification on sync error
    ■Description(内容):
    同期エラーが発生した場合に、すぐに気付けるようにメールにて通知してほしい

We would like to receive email notification as soon as possible when OneDrive for Business sync error occurs so that we can deal with the issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Subject Line to Send Link Window When Sharing

When sharing a file or folder, add a subject line to append the message in the "Send Link" window. There is a place for the recipient email address and an optional message, but I would like to create or append the subject of the message.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. DO not display duplicate names in search on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    同期フォルダー内のアイテムを共有する際の動作について

DO not display duplicate names in search on OneDrive for Business
    ■Description(内容):
    同期フォルダー内のアイテムを共有する際に、以下の操作で共有相手のユーザー名を入力すると、正常に入力されず共有が行えないので、改善してほしい。
    1. 同期フォルダー内アイテムを右クリックして共有
    2. かな入力にて検索欄に共有相手のユーザー名のエイリアスを入力
    3. Tab キーを押して変換候補から半角英語のエイリアスを選択 (Enter キーは押さない)
    4. 検索欄に半角英語のエイリアスが自動で二重に入力されてしまう

We get syncing error entering users name as we follow the steps shown below who share the items in the shared folder with.

a) Right click and share the items in sync folder
    b) Enter Kana (Japanese characters) alias in the search
    c) Click tab key and pick English alias shown (we still have not click Enter key yet)
    d) Automatically selected alias is brought up in search, AND, what…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期時に、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、エクスプローラー上で PDF ファイルのサムネイルの半分が表示されない。

Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の同期を行っている際、ファイル オンデマンド機能が無効の場合には、PDF のサムネイルが正しく表示されるが、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、有効にしたタイミングで、サムネイル画像がクロップ(サムネイル画像の半分より上のみ表示) される。
    すべての端末で確認しており、本件については正しくサムネイルが表示されるように修正をお願いします。

While synching OneDrive for Business, the PDF thumbnails are displayed correctly when the Files On-Demand feature is turned off.
    However, there is a problem that the PDF thumbnails will be cropped (which means it displays only upper half of thumbnails) if the Files On-Demand was turned on. This behavior is confirmed on all devices.

Therefore, we hope this behavior will be corrected to display…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base