OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update OneDrive for Business file size limit

Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop giving OneDrive more features than OneDrive Business.

Why is it I need to download third party software or use other Microsoft office applications to complete simple tasks such as saving screenshots automatically or saving phone pictures automatically? Do you guys not think about stuff before you do it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a timer for the locking of a file

That way if someone is away from the keyboard it just saves the document and unlocks it back to other people who want to edit the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have recently begun to use OneDrive for document collaboration but uncovered a major flaw, revision control is not enabled for all users.

We have recently begun to use OneDrive for document collaboration but uncovered a major flaw, revision control is not enabled for all users by default. We have had users lose significant time and effort because previous versions of documents are not stored in OneDrive. It defeats the entire purpose of OneDrive collaboration. There is only one fix for this, and it is to visit each user individually and change their revision control settings. There is no Powershell or Admin function to turn this on for all users. A VERY SIGNIFICANT FAULT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. changing the putting in order of upload file

can we change the putting in order of upload file?
    sometimes a big file prevent upload of the more important file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Buenos días. Mi Onedrive de empresa (universidad) llevaba meses funcionando perfectamente, de manera que al encender el ordenador aparecía e

Buenos días. Mi Onedrive de empresa (universidad) llevaba meses funcionando perfectamente, de manera que al encender el ordenador aparecía el cuadrado con mi dirección de correo y logo de la universidad, y sólo me pedía la contraseña. Identificaba rápido lo que hubiera añadido o cambiado en las últimas horas y sincronizaba. Pero después de las actualizaciones automáticas de Windows hacia mediados de marzo de 2018, en lugar de ese cuadro aparece el que te pide vincular una biblioteca y agregar una cuenta. Mi duda es la siguiente: si agrego la misma dirección de mail y la misma biblioteca que ya…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set the [Sharing settings] all at once for the item on OneDrive for Business to multiple external users.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):複数のゲスト ユーザーへの共有について

Set the [Sharing settings] all at once for the item on OneDrive for Business to multiple external users.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムに対し、既に [ゲスト ユーザー] に登録されている複数の外部ユーザーへ、一括で共有設定を行うことを可能にする機能を提供してほしい。​​

In order to improve user's convenience, we hope you to make a feature implement that can set "Sharing settings" at once for the item on OneDrive for Business to multiple external users already registered in [Guest User].

Thank you for your continued support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clean up files that are downloaded to the workstation

The application cannot be installed on workstations that are not domain joined, however, during the installation process, a policy file is downloaded and saved on the file system. This policy file contains the user’s enterprise id, and various GUIDs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. email manager

Have the possibility to change the language of the email when the manager receive the closing notification of the Onedrive space of a leaver.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share button on onedrive website on mobile not working

When I click the share button, on the web version of onedrive for business, the new menu flashes and then goes away to fast to click on. This happens on ios, android, and various screen sizes. It was working fine last week.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable sorting files on OneDrive for Business by number

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上でのドキュメントの並び順について

Enable sorting files on OneDrive for Business by number
    ■Description(内容):
    ファイル名 : "写真1" から "写真30" まで連番で作成し、OneDrive for Business 上にアップロード。
    ブラウザーから OneDrive for Business にアクセスして、"名前" で並び替えを行った場合、以下の順番で表示される
    写真1、写真10、写真11 … 写真19、写真2、写真20、写真21 … 写真3、写真30、写真4、写真5、写真6 … 写真9
    以下の名称に変更することで、正しい順番に並び替えが可能。
    写真01、写真02、写真03、写真04、写真05 … 写真10、写真11、写真12 … 写真30
    名称に含まれる先頭の数字を参照して並び替えが実施されているため、先頭に "0" を付与しない場合、並び順がバラバラになる。
    先頭に "0" を付与しなくても、番号順に並び替えができるように機能の追加をお願いします。

I have the problem when sorting files with consecutive numbers on OneDrive for Business in the following steps.

-Create files with consecutive numbers from “Photo 01” to “Photo 30” and upload them to OneDrive for Business.
    -Access to OneDrive for Business from browsers and sort files by…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable downloading items by folder or by selecting multiple items in Classic experience of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のクラシック エクスペリエンスでのダウンロード操作について

Enable downloading items by folder or by selecting multiple items in Classic experience of OneDrive for Business
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のクラシック エクスペリエンスにて、フォルダー毎のダウンロード、複数選択をしてアイテムのダウンロードができないため、新しい エクスペリエンス同様行えるよう機能の追加を希望。

Currently, we are not able to download items by folder or by selecting multiple items via Classic experience in OneDrive for Business.

In order to improve usability, I hope OD4B provide same feature of downloading in both Modern and classic experience.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it clearer that the City/Skyscrapper logo is SharePoint Synced files

I would like to add the word SharePoint at the end of the text displayed on the root folder of all synced SharePoint Document libraries in file explorer.

We are finding users getting confused by the logo (a city/ skyscrapers) as well as which is SharePoint and which in OneDrive.

The image should make it clear what we want to change.

The fact that the OneDrive library says so at the start but the SharePoint one doesn't can throw some people off.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Setting so that OneDrive only syncs depending on your location

When syncing happens at home with VPN connection, it slows down my laptop noticeably, but in office with good network speed it is not an issue. Add a setting that utilizes the location information from Skype which allows end user to set it, for example, to Home(don't sync) and to Office(sync).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. create a way to sort files that are shared with me on my personal OneDrive

create a way to sort files that are shared with me on my personal OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharing UI Flow Update

This suggestion is to update the UI/UX for sharing to be less confusing for users. When going through the process to share a file in OneDrive for Business, the blue "Send" button is enabled regardless of whether the user has added anyone's email addresses. This is also the case if the user picks "Everyone with existing access" then tries to hit "Send" with a message - assuming OneDrive will re-generate a message to everyone with existing access.
    To improve this, the "Send" button should only really be enabled (clickable) if the user has successfully added valid e-mail addresses when sharing…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Possibility to open picture libraries in OneDrive app

I would love to be able to see picture libraries in the OneDrive app on Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't show documents as shared when link has expired

When a shared document link expires (and there are no other shares) would it not be more logical for the document to be shown as not shared? It's not you can go in and re-generate an expired link for another period. I have a folder where I put publically shared documents (usually screenshots) and I'd like to easily see which are really still shared. In the screenshot attached, those files dayed May 18 are really not shared.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable changing the detailed settings of the synchronized folders according to the communication environment.

■Title(件名):同期するフォルダーの設定を簡単に切り替える機能を追加して欲しい。

Enable changing the detailed settings of the synchronized folders according to the communication environment.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​運用として通信制限の無い環境と通信制限のある環境を使い分けて使用している。
    通信制限のある環境で使用する前には、大きなデータを扱わないように毎回同期するフォルダーを選択し直している。
    利用の環境にあわせて、設定を簡単に切り替える機能を追加して欲しい。​​

In our operation, we are using the site in the different environments with communication restrictions and no communication restrictions. We are required to specify the folders to synchronize every time manually so as not to select large data before using the service in the environment with communication restrictions.

In order to improve the functionality, I would like to add a function that enables us to easily change the detailed settings of the synchronized folders according to the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extended logging in Onedrive

We are using Onedrive as an entreprise. When documents are shared in Onedrive and people make changes to the document, I can only see the last person who made a change to the document.
    1) Is it possible to see a complete logging of people who opened the document?
    2) Is it possible to see a complete logging of people who did not only opened the document but who also made changes to it?

If this is not possible at the moment, could this be integrated?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base