OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Onedrive for Business team site view

I would like to be able to view all my personal OneDrive files and my team sites from the OneDrive for Business IOS app. You can view Word documents on your team site from Word and the same with Excel but you can't go to a central viewer like OneDrive for Business and search for a file in your team sites. Please add this functionality.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix multiple errors within the system

1) Can't selectively sync folders within a library. A user must sync the entire cloud library. The whole purpose of cloud storage is so that a tablet would have other space to access files.

2) Can't access more that one domain. If I have two companies with two different Office 365 accounts, I can't use OneDrive For Business.

3) There is a bug while syncing. During the repair process, it deleted a file from the cloud and from my local hard drive. It wasn't stored in the local 'archived' folder either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default external sharing e-mail confusing for end-users

The default e-mail sent to an external user for sharing a document is confusing. The end-user needs to click the document name to be able to edit or open the document. This is OK, but the text directly below the document states:

This is a mandatory service communication. To set your contact preferences for other communications, click here.

Lots of end-users do click the link "Click here" and think this relates to the edit document proces. This is not the case, they navigate to an error page that states:

Sorry, that didn't work

You signed in with your Microsoft account

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merge/replace "Work Folders" with OneDrive

What if OneDrive merged with and replaced "Work Folders" in Windows Server? Allow me my own private cloud, based on OneDrive technology. Today this is possible, if I install Sharepoint, but that is not for everyone. That is why Work Folders were developed, to enable something like OneDrive, but based on a normal file server instead of Sharepoint. But why not just build it on actual OneDrive technology/branding? Let me use the same mobile clients. Let me share files with other people on the public OneDrive, etc. Enable hybrid scenarios, with some files in public and some in private cloud...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic File Scan

Uploads should be automatically scanned for compatibility before starting. Having to use File Checker before hand works but it sure would be a lot easier if it was automatic. It would also keep many people who don't know about file checker from causing their onedrive to crash.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No green hooks

There are no green hooks visible in my Windows Explorer on my Laptop.
    Synchronisation works perfectly, but i see no green hooks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Asynchronous Sync for OneDriveForBsiness

Need an option to make OD4B sync work asynchronously. When I save a doc from office 2013, it takes atleast 10 to 20 secs to save simple docs depending on the speed of the network.

Is there a way to make the save work independent of the sync ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date.

For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date. For example, when I share a file with you, that link should expire after, say, two weeks. I should be able to change that default at the admin level. Or as a user I might want to change it per shared file. and when it is about to expire, please warn me so I can choose to extend it or not.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable SharePoint library syncing on OneDrive for Business mobile clients

Our clients love the SharePoint library syncing feature for the PC with OneDrive for Business, but then they're disappointed when they can't do the same on their iPad or Android phone.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. File handling in Onedrive for Business

Please add functionality to easily copy/move files inside OneDrive for Business. Also enable easy moving of folders in the web user interface.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to mark files/folders to be available offline

Allow to mark important files to be available off line.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Full functional parity with all desktop and mobile operating systems.

Microsoft has focused too much on forcing people to Windows. You need to realize that your customers use iOS, Macs, Android etc. All of these operating systems should have the same functionality that Windows gets. This includes Outlook for Mac getting OneDrive integration, full sharing capabilities for the iPad etc. If you want businesses to use OneDrive its going to need to live in a non-Windows world and compete with the Dropboxes of the world.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offline Sync for OneDrive Business Mobile

Not just selective sync, but the ability to automatically sync files and/or directories offline on a mobile device. This would allow businesses to roll out materials to remote people (sales materials or whatever) and be available even if they are offline or in remote areas.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Context Aware Access Management for the Onedrive for Business client

Currently Onedrive can sync to any device regardless the health/security state of the device (up to date virusscanner, pin/password protected device logon etc.)

We would like to have the option that the Onedrive for Business client can only sync towards "trusted" devices (e.g. leverage Workplace Join) without blocking access to regular Sharepoint from untrusted devices.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fake sync folder

Allow a user to set up a folder on their profile that has a bunch of pointers (or shortcuts) to their files that are being stored in their OneDrive, and when a user clicks on that file THEN it will sync/download it to their machine.

Essentially a way for users to see their onedrive library from their machine (not web browser) WITHOUT having to actually sync their entire library (which could fill their HD.)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enforce PIN/Password on device when onedrive pro is synced

When a user syncs business data on their phone or tablet, via the app, the app should ensure that the PIN/Password is activated on the device. Otherwise, if the device is lost, anyone can access the locally cached data, and potentially access confidential business files.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a part of a broader mobile device management capability we are looking to deliver for businesses.

Also as a side note – as a part of our most recent Android app update we enabled support for users to set up a PIN. Simply create a 4 digit code, and you can limit access to the app and your files.

19. Show file names with spaces

I am using the onedrive android app to connect to my onedrive for business. The synced folders only show any characters up until the first space in the folder name and nothing more after that...?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. calculate file/folder name length the same way SharePoint online does

i believe SPO calculates folder/file names using a space = 1 character. onedrive for business sync app however calculates based on space = %20 = 3 characters. this results in *valid* files/folders from preventing the sync of the entire OD4B folder to a pc, even though there is nothing invalid.
    additionally, if this isn't fixed, you should return a full list of the offending files and perhaps offer to convert the space characters to _ or something to automatically resolve the issue.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base