OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable me to check OneDrive for Business's zip compressed items directly via a browser.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :OneDrive for Business 上のzip圧縮アイテムを直接ブラウザーから確認したい
    ■内容:OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードされたzip圧縮アイテムをブラウザーから確認する場合、一度ローカルにダウンロードされる動作となり、直接確認が行えない。ブラウザー上で直接閲覧、プレビュー表示できるよう追加要望です。また、モバイル端末でもブラウザー上から直後閲覧できるように併せて追加要望です。 
    -----
    I am currently unable to confirm the zip compressed items once uploaded into OneDrive for Business directly through the browser due to the behavior prompting me to download the items into local. Therefore, I hope the additional feature to be available that could enable to use the preview display. Additionally, I hope that I will be able to view the items on the browser along with a mobile device.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improve the space limit regarding the upload and download of WebDAV.

■件名 : WebDAVのアップロードおよびダウンロードに関する容量の制限について
    ■内容: 以下の URL の手順にてレジストリ変更を行うも、設定どおりにアップロードできない PC と、指定した容量のアイテムをダウンロードおよびアップロード可能なPCがある。
    レジストリ変更にて正しく動作するよう改善希望。 またはエクスプローラーで表示、ネットワーク ドライブの割り当てを行った際に、エクスプローラーからアップロード、ダウンロード可能なアイテムのサイズの上限の引き上げを希望します。
    <関連 URL>
    タイトル : Web フォルダーから 50000000 バイトより大きいファイルをダウンロードするときのフォルダーのコピー エラー メッセージ
    アドレス : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/900900/folder-copy-error-message-when-downloading-a-file-that-is-larger-than-50000000-bytes-from-a-web-folder
    -----
    Even though a registry change is executed by following the instructions written in the URL below, some PCs can be unavailable for upload as opposed to the existing setting related its instructions, and other PCs are useful for download and upload the item whose space has been specified. Experiencing this behavior, I hope the registry change concerned to function properly or more specifically in case of the assignment of network drive to…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the feature of General Japanese description for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

I have difficulty understanding the Japanese description in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to the machine translation is not accurately translating the words so far. For example, there are many places where the meaning of Japanese words are not clear when sharing data only to the specific users on OneDrive for Business although it's hard to get know the function/description, such as the part "Selecting [User listed on the destination line]".

It may cause of the machine translation, but I hope the feature will be implemented enables providing the accurate translation to the Japanese display in the current…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move shared folders to my own one drive

At the moment, one drive does not allow folders shared with me to be moved or synced into my one drive. Because of this, all shared folders never sync into my desktop which makes workflow TERRIBLE. please make it possible to move shared folders around. Dropbox makes this very easy for businesses.

I find it very dumb that I have to download shared folders to then upload them into my own folder....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to edit offline files on iOS and Android

Provide the same functionality that is available in Windows and MacOS sync clients that allows offline files to be edited. Curently read-only

(NOTE: Files marked offline are read-only - you can edit the file only when you're online. If you edit the file offline, it saves as a new file, and does not change the original OneDrive file.)

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow only OneDrive for Business users to select the Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

In case I make [OneDrive] tile displayed, I am aware even the users prohibited to use OneDrive for Business are able to save them by choosing [Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>]. I would say that is against our business operation handling, and therefore I hope that only only OneDrive for Business users will be able to check Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. improve the behavior disabling me to open the data along with Android device's OneDrive app.

■Title(件名):Android デバイスの OneDrive アプリから Office ファイル ( Word , Excel , PowerPoint ) を開くとエラーが表示され表示や編集ができない

Unable to display and edit Office files once opened ( Word , Excel , PowerPoint) via Android device's OneDrive app due to an error.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):Android デバイスの OneDrive アプリから Office ファイル ( Word , Excel , PowerPoint ) を開くと、"ファイルをひらけません" "xxxxxxx.xlsx が見つかりません。 移動、名前の変更、または削除が行なわれた可能性があります。 " と表示され、データを開くエラーが表示され利用できないため改善してほしい。

I am unable to use Office files once opened ( Word , Excel , PowerPoint) through Android device's OneDrive app due to the error stating that ”The system cannot open the file” and "The system cannot…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve the recycle bin interface

The recycle bin interface is incredibly primitive and really only useful if you need to recover a file or two that you've deleted very recently. If you're looking to restore something that was accidentally deleted a while back and not noticed, then it's very difficult as you have to scroll through many deleted files. For starters, there should be a search/filter by file name. For more complex tasks, the user interface as used by most backup solutions (like DPM) would be helpful, e.g. recover all files deleted from a specific folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the feature to be displayed the setting screen of the time zone when initial accessing to OneDrive for Business.

I am aware of the behavior the intial OneDrive for Business displays the time zone is set to the Pacific Standard Time by default thus the user is required to open the setting screen and correct the time zone. I hope the feature will be implemented to display the setting screen of the time zone automatically when initial accessing to OneDrive for Business. Thank you for your support.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement the Check-in/out function for the modern UI as well.

I am aware of the Check-in/out function is available from the OneDrive screen in the classic experience, but it cannot be displayed in the modern UI. For increasing Usability, I hope the feature to be able to use the Check-in/out function for the modern UI as well. In addition, it would be great if the feature will add a function that disenables editing in the modern OneDrive screen due to prevent the unexpected document duplication occurs when collaborating on Excel Client as well.

Here is the reference for Office365 features in March 2017.
    Title: "Excel collaborative editing, etc."
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/microsoft_office_/2017/04/04/new-office-365-march-co-authoring-excel/

Thank…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to rename the synced folder in the new sync client of OneDrive for Business.

Allow users to rename the synced folder in the new sync client of OneDrive for Business and also allow users to specify the location of the synced folder on their pc.

This is required because the combination of the default name (One Drive - [company name] + default location (C:\Users\[user name]\default synced folder name) generates a file path that is often too long so files cannot be synced.

Keep in mind, that typically the files you want to sync are already under a file path - that you want to keep under the synced folder.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve the display of "edited by", "file size" and "shared with" after file editing

Quoting Customer:

After editing files, the items "edited by", "file size" and "shared with" remain blank for about 1 hour. Asking support about this, we`ve been told that this behavior also shows on other tennants. Please fix this asap. Since the last user to have edited a certain file can also be confirmed via "recent activity" in the "details" section, there is a viable work around available for the time being. However, it`s not very convenient and it would be preferable to be able to make confirmations without having to rely on work arounds.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the ability to sign out the sessions for a sign-in blocked user.

Currently, I understand that if the Sign in Status is Blocked for the users then we will not be able to initiate the Sign Out option (under OneDrive) from all the devices for the users. Our security process is to disable AD accounts as soon as possible - that blocks the sign-in on O365. We would like to then sign them out of their devices. We have far more admins that could disable a termed user than can access O365 settings. We would like that second admin to be able to come along later and initiate the signout. Thanks for…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Game over

USA

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be aware of the inappropriate behavior happens for One Drive for Business.

I am aware of the menu screen is displayed, but disappears, apparently when right-clicking on a document or folder. Please see the steps below,

- Displayed OneDrive for Business via Internet Explorer, then right click on the document or folder
    - Although items [Sharing] [Get Link] [Download] [Delete] [Move] are displayed for a moment, but they are disappearing immediately on screen so that we cannot click them.

Configuration:
    - Internet Explorer 11 with Windows10
    - Internet Explorer 11 with Windows8.1

I hope the featutre will be implemented to fix this problem as soon as possible.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow mail merge with source files stored on OneDrive

Please support mail merge with source files stored on OneDrive.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. implement the feature to set the defaulted percentage of StorageQuotaWarningLevel.

■件名 :個人用サイトの容量の警告を出す値 (StorageQuotaWarningLevel) について
    ■内容: 元は、OneDrive for Business の容量の 90 % で設定されていた個人用サイトの容量の警告を出す値 (StorageQuotaWarningLevel) が、OneDrive for Business の既定の容量を 5 TB に引き上げたところ、新たに作成される個人用サイトでは 5 TB の 97.5 % で作成される動作となった。

警告を発するレベルを一定に設定するという運用をしているため、現時点では、ユーザーが新規に OneDrive for Business の利用を開始するたびに PowerShell で StorageQuotaWarningLevel を設定し直す必要がある。これが手間なので、既定の StorageQuotaWarningLevel のパーセンテージを設定する機能を実装してほしい。
    -----
    In case of checking the value of personal site storage, I experience the behavior that the StorageQuotaWarningLevel once set with 90% of OneDrive for Business storage is created as 97.5% of 5TB in a personal site newly created when the fixed storage rises up to 5TB. I would say that this causes us troubles because at this moment I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive on Linux

we are a diverse org. we use PC , MAC and Liunx. it is realy good to have a client for OneDrive on Linux

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive Administrator role in O365 Admin Center

Hi,
    In most of enterprise environments is due to complexity support of various services on O365 platform divided into separate support teams. (i.e. Exchange, Sharepoint teams)

With OneDrive Admin Center available I would expect that new role is introduced in O365 Admin Center to enable possibility to grant access rights for specific people only to OneDrive Admin center.

At moment you have to be Global Admin and this doesnt fit most of support models in place.

ODB Admin group should have access thru provisioned mySites, view-only acces to Audit Logs for troubleshooting purposes, and of course possibility to modify OneDrive…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base