OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be aware of the behavior that the first inputted letter is not reflected on the display when editing in Excel Online.

I would like to inform you that the function does not work properly when editing files saved in OneDrive for Business on Excel Online. Specifically, when editing Excel files saved in OneDrive for Business, the first letter (two letters will be in Japanese) input is not reflected in the cell, if the user input "DA" but Excel Online only recognized "A".

It only occurred by using the Google Chrome browser. So, It may cause of the Google Chrome problem but I hope the function to be improved correctly working as soon as possible.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ACTUALLY Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

This is a repost of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/13697118-enable-long-file-path-for-onedrive-for-business

because Jason Moore marked the previous suggestion as "BOOM IT's DONE" .... but he linked to an article that DOES NOT reference long file paths at all!... so everything indicates that it's NOT done...

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make Groove Music compatable with one drive for business

i have a One Drive for Business account that i am paying for but now also have to pay for a One Drive personal account because Groove Music will not work with my Business account

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Force SharePoint Online Folders to sync through OneDrive to clients via GPO

Now that you allow users to Sync SharePoint Online Folders to OneDrive. You should make it so an admin (through GPO) can set a folder to sync to client machines. So if an admin wants to have files always available to the client they can be pushed through OneDrive and GPO.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive for Business の 10 TB を超える追加容量について

(English follows Japanese)

OneDrive for Business の容量が不足しているため、提示された手続に従って SharePoint Online サポート窓口に連絡し、増量申請を行いました。
    申請が通り容量が追加された旨の連絡が来ましたが、10 TB を超えた容量は、OneDrive for Business に対してではなく、SharePoint Online のサイト コレクション作成用の記憶域として提供されることになっている、とのこと。

当方が希望しているものは「OneDrive for Business」の機能としての容量であり、「SharePointサイトの増量」を希望しているわけではありません。

以下の公開情報においても明確に「OneDrive for Business に対する」容量を無制限に利用可能であることが明記されており、契約時にこの点を考慮した背景もあります。

https://products.office.com/ja-jp/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans

Microsoft は 10 TB を超えた容量についても、OneDrive for Business に追加するという約束を実行する義務があります。

Re: Additional storage quota exceeding 10 TB for OneDrive for Business

Basing on the lack of storage quota, I've requested increase of my OneDrive for Business storage more than 10 TB to Microsoft Support with following determined procedures.
    The required storage was added, however, not to OneDrive for Business but to tenant storage for creating site collections.

This is completely different from my requirement -…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Onedrive is creating duplicate files every time the user connects back to the internet. How can this be avoided?

The Onedrive sync client has been installed and synced the files. When the user goes offline and edits some documents and comes back online, the sync is happening but creating new files with the name of the machine appended to the file names. This is really annoying as the folders are shared and synced with several users and every time a user comes online with a updated file its creating a new file instead of merging the changes

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneDrive Auto Save Tab for Business Accounts

Could you please provide an Auto Save tab for OneDrive business accounts. I have a PC that is my business only PC, but I do not get the Auto Save tab, like I do with a personal account. I do not want to save anything on my local drive!

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side to enhance the convenience.

I am aware of the behavior that If there are more than 5000 items being with a single folder, the progress operation is not normally performed. However, it is frequently happened to exceed 5000 items will be created due to the business operation. So that, I hope the feature will enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side. (Provide availability to allow more than 5000 items can exist in the folder.)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow obtaining a log of access to the folders without accessing the files.

I am planning to share the folder with external users in near future, but for security protection, I hope the feature will be able to get the logs that enable seeing which folder has been accessed includes the name of users and accessed time. Thank you for your continued support.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accept special characters in filenames.

Some of my clients use #'s and other characters in their filenames, which causes that the files are not synced (i.e. the whole idea of access from different places is non-existent) and I'm getting sync errors continuously. OneDrive waits for my response, but I'm not allowed to change clients filename structure. Thus, the OneDrive is super annoying.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. implement the feature that could enable to upload automatically a screenshot.

I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to upload automatically the screenshot available and acquired in the private One Drive since it is convenient if I could use the feature even within One Drive for Business keeping the large capability for saving.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneDrive desktop version to mirror cloud, not the other way around! Example: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud

OneDrive desktop version should not take up computer storage i.e. it should only mirror the cloud documents, not the other way around.

Examples: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud storage provider.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve the setting feature that could cause the delay in reflecting the details of its setting once modified via Office 365 admin center.

I am aware the the occasional delay occurs until the modified setting is applied when making a change for the setting through Office 365 admin center, and therefore I hope the feature to be improved so that it could reflect the modified details of the setting.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. enable me to check OneDrive for Business's zip compressed items directly via a browser.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :OneDrive for Business 上のzip圧縮アイテムを直接ブラウザーから確認したい

■内容:OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードされたzip圧縮アイテムをブラウザーから確認する場合、一度ローカルにダウンロードされる動作となり、直接確認が行えない。ブラウザー上で直接閲覧、プレビュー表示できるよう追加要望です。また、モバイル端末でもブラウザー上から直後閲覧できるように併せて追加要望です。 

I am currently unable to confirm the zip compressed items once uploaded into OneDrive for Business directly through the browser due to the behavior prompting me to download the items into local. Therefore, I hope the additional feature to be available that could enable to use the preview display. Additionally, I hope that I will be able to view the items on the browser along with a mobile device.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. improve the space limit regarding the upload and download of WebDAV.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : WebDAVのアップロードおよびダウンロードに関する容量の制限について
    ■内容: 以下の URL の手順にてレジストリ変更を行うも、設定どおりにアップロードできない PC と、指定した容量のアイテムをダウンロードおよびアップロード可能なPCがある。
    レジストリ変更にて正しく動作するよう改善希望。 またはエクスプローラーで表示、ネットワーク ドライブの割り当てを行った際に、エクスプローラーからアップロード、ダウンロード可能なアイテムのサイズの上限の引き上げを希望します。
    <関連 URL>
    タイトル : Web フォルダーから 50000000 バイトより大きいファイルをダウンロードするときのフォルダーのコピー エラー メッセージ

アドレス : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/900900/folder-copy-error-message-when-downloading-a-file-that-is-larger-than-50000000-bytes-from-a-web-folder

Even though a registry change is executed by following the instructions written in the URL below, some PCs can be unavailable for upload as opposed to the existing setting related its instructions, and other PCs are useful for download and upload the item whose space has been specified. Experiencing this behavior, I hope the registry change concerned to function properly or more specifically in case of the assignment of network drive to Internet…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who arent overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies whos employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to…

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why I can't choose any folder

Why I have too choose folder from library or I have to keep my files in documents folder. I would love to choose any folder from any drive location. Not making useful for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Event Log in Windows Application log

Its necessary to have a clear event log! Users are not always paying attention to taskbar icons and notifications that are disheartening shortly. A clear event log will let us admins to set the appropriate action (email to the user or a pop-up window) letting the user know about their sync problems.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve the feature of General Japanese description for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

I have difficulty understanding the Japanese description in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to the machine translation is not accurately translating the words so far. For example, there are many places where the meaning of Japanese words are not clear when sharing data only to the specific users on OneDrive for Business although it's hard to get know the function/description, such as the part "Selecting [User listed on the destination line]".

It may cause of the machine translation, but I hope the feature will be implemented enables providing the accurate translation to the Japanese display in the current…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move shared folders to my own one drive

At the moment, one drive does not allow folders shared with me to be moved or synced into my one drive. Because of this, all shared folders never sync into my desktop which makes workflow TERRIBLE. please make it possible to move shared folders around. Dropbox makes this very easy for businesses.

I find it very dumb that I have to download shared folders to then upload them into my own folder....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base