OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Office Helpline Phone Number USA (425)549-3316

our expertise technicians 24*7 available to resolve your any type of issue like installation, license issue, password recovery etc. This type of issues solve when you make them a call at (425) 549-3316 MS Office Support USA to get an instant solution in a couple of seconds.
    for more info vist at http://msoffice.techhelpnumber.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cloud H/D 5G?

Dir Sirs,
    Your cloud H/D was OK before, so I mainly use hotmail. But recently it dropped to 5G, since then, I switched to gmail. It's pity.
    If you can add a cloud hard drive for free in the future, please let me know, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back the 15GB free online storage in OneDrive

Google Drive offers 15GB while MEGA offers 50 frickin' gigabytes for free users! 5GB is laughable especially for a cloud company like Microsoft.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Settings to be accessed when syncing is paused

Make Settings available not only when syncing is happening. I am trying to save space on my computer and uncheck folders, but I have to have the files getting synced while I change that. Inane!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow more specific permissions such as viewer uploader downloader (and allow the user to sync, but not delete). Similar features to Box

I want the ability to give more specific permissions to users like Box does. However, I also want those users to be able to add folders to onedrive so it syncs, but does not give them the ability to delete and various other permissions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display Upload and Download Speed

Previously it use to display the current up/download speed however you have taken it out. Please bring it back. Its hard to tell if the app has stalled when uploading large files. Current speed and also ETA would make it much easier to monitor performance and judge completion time.
    (Using Mac OSX)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive on Kindle Fire HD 8

I use OneDrive a lot especially through my Apple devices and recently I got a new Kindle Fire HD 8 only to learn they don't support OneDrive or any Word programs linked to OneDrive. I'm a writer and it's important to me that I can write as much as I read on my Kindle so if there could be a way to provide those apps for the Kindle Fire that would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add .adoc file type to the "text and code" file viewers in OneDrive to support AsciiDoc file format

I'd like to be able to store and view AsciiDoc files in OneDrive, using the .adoc file type. Ideally these would be added to the "text and code" category so they could be previewed and edited as per a .txt file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix broken links to moved or renamed files in a graceful manner

I am looking for a more useful way to handle broken links - links to files that have been moved or renamed. If a file is moved or renamed, and someone else with access clicks on the old link, it fails badly with no useful information. Either there needs to be a way to link ahead to the new file location (a breadcrumb) or give a useful way to view other files from the same location or the same person.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Norton Tech Support USA (425) 549-3111

If you are stuck while working on Norton Antivirus or face any type of issue like installation, password recovery etc. Get in touch with us today and get long-lasting solutions from our experts.So quick dial Norton Tech Support USA (425) 549-3111 to get help at best price.
    http://norton.techhelpnumber.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a mini document editor built into the onedrive app

You would be able to edit word documents in the app without having word installed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ******* sucks. slow hard to use really is a bunch of useless ****

*** sucks. slow hard to use really is a bunch of useless

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to copy files in OneDrive app

Ability to copy files in OneDrive app

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. connection with Smartschool

i would love to have an option to add your onedrive to your smartschool account in Belgium (or other countries) slo that you can keep your files for school around when you need them but dont have a computer.
    thank you in advance

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Favourites in left column (under Files, Recent, Photos, Share etc) of browser

Under Files , Recent, Shared, Photos in the browser, can you add favourites that expands with folders I want access frequently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Buy Online Cyclone Air Filters From RB Innovations

Get your best and reasonably priced Cyclone Air Filters from RB Innovations Inc. We provide the right and high class products at the right prices. Made with high-quality materials, this filter will stop dirt elements that can damage your engine while increasing its horsepower. Visit https://rbinnovations.com/collections/air-filters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prevent garbled filenames when previewing zip folders even it is double-byte characters.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online の zip フォルダーのプレビュー表示について

Prevent garbled filenames when previewing zip folders even double-byte characters.

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Onlineで zip フォルダーをプレビュー表示した際、zip フォルダー内のファイル名の文字コードが "Shift-JIS" の場合に、文字化けしないよう改善してほしい。​

When previewing the zip folder in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online, I recognized that the garbled characters in the file name have been seen (the character code is "Shift-JIS") in the zip folder. Therefore, please improve this behavior so as not to garbled even the file name contains double-byte characters.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make offline/sync folder settings accessible in onedrive.com or other places (besides the desktop icon)

For numerous reasons (including mine of having to disconnect OneDrive on my PC due to space constraints), there should be a way to check the offline/sync folders in addition to the desktop icon. To have only one option for changing those settings is highly problematic. Please consider adding this option in onedrive.com or in File Explorer or somewhere.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add color options to SysTray icons or one with a menu of accounts

When you have multiple accounts, it is very hard to know which one is which. It would be very nice to have the SysTray icons' color selectable. I have four accounts, so four icons. If you reorder them they don't "stick". So it is hard to use the icons for shortcuts.

An alternative would be to have only one icon and a menu that lists each account. If you click the account it opens the local folder. Something to make it easier for those of us with multiple corporate accounts, personal accounts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. storage

Soy usuario desde note3 de samsung galaxy.

No respetaron el tamaño del almacenamiento cuando cambie a note 8. Y estoy por perderlo.

Si la vigencia de la oferta fue de 2 años terminarla por mejorar equipo no se me hace justo.

Debieron respetarlo. Máxime que se compró en la máquina de escritorio Office 2016 profesional que no tiene almacenamiento en nube.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base