OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for encrypted files

I have sensitive documents on my computer that I'd like to put on Onedrive, but they would need to be encrypted. I could encrypt them with a program like AxxCrypt, but in Onedrive the only way I can use it is to download it and run the program. This could be simpler.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a user to create a folder that other users can add files to without being able to edit or even view the content

Create an add only folder where, for example, a student could submit work to a teacher by uploading it to the folder but isn't able to edit or view other content in the folder i.e. the student could submit their work but not read or alter any other student's work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for online playback of Sony AVCHD (.MTS) video format.

Currently Sony AVCHD (.mts) video files will not play in onedrive. Many of my home videos are shot in this format. Sony's cameras are somewhat popular and I think this format should be supported.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add a map with all the georeferenced photos placed on it

Instead of individual ones that we can find in the information of each picture in onedrive.com, a general map containing all the geotags would be fantastic! (As Instagram does)

Also, I suggest you to create a kind of connection between Onedrive and Bing Maps, so when using Bing Maps we could show a layer with our georreferenced pictures.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive uses too many downloads

it would be good to choose the syncing frequency or make it manual.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customized MS office 365 as per customer requirement.

There would be customized MS office 365 so that customer can decide which office application/one drive/ SharePoint / Lync /yammer/delve they wants and their customized storage capacities as per their requirements. So that Small or Midsize organizations can utilize it efficiently and effectively. Some features to be added like HR/Accounting/Material Management modules/apps so that small or midsize organization can use like as ERP at minimum cost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make it possible to completely uninstall onedrive.

Microsoft should make a patch that enables the customer to completely uninstall onedrive. Any software should be available to those who want it, or want to pay for it. But forcing it upon customers is unacceptable and undemocratic. Please discuss?

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. not really one drive, but SPO document libraries - make webdav mapped drives persistent!

mapped drives time out and there's no way to administer them from one central location. this is a big issue when trying to make spo doc. libraries a replacement for a file server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Music folders not just files

Currently, only individual music files can be added to the Music folder on OneDrive.

This is an issue when you 12,000 songs that organized properly - music folder/artist folders/album folders/songs.

Another issue this would solve is auto updates. As it would be now, whenever you add a song to your collection you would have to manually add that song to your Onedrive. Whereas if folders were allowed, changes and additions would be made automatically.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. albums for files

You have recently pushed out the functionality to add photo Albums to OneDrive. I would like to see the same functionality added to files. Instead of moving multiple files to a shared folder to work on. have the ability to share a workspace where the files I add there are linked to where they are in my file structure and not moved or copied.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Xbox Music streaming function available worldwide

For the most part it's our own music files, so this integration needs to be available worldwide, not just in a dozen countries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. recovery

Yes, I can give you advise on Security issues and storage issues. I am using Ahsay software for data storage.  Ahsay software have unmatched security solutions. The data saved in Ahsay software is secured as comparable to other IT solutions. Ahsay software  encrypts your file names and your data is only stored. This feature can save your data from leakage and other breakdowns.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. restore

Yes, I can give you advise on Security issues and storage issues. I am using CloudBacko pro for data storage. Cloudbacko pro have unmatched security solutions. The data saved in CloudBacko pro is secured as comparable to other IT solutions. Cloudbacko pro encrypts your file names and your data is only stored. This feature can save your data from leakage and other breakdowns.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why isnt One Drive and Sharepoint more user friendly, like Dropbox???

I got to say that the follow items are more than a little annoying. I am "testing" one drive and SharePoint for my business. The test is not going smoothly for the following reasons and I am considering a different platform that is not Microsoft.

• number of files limits in Sync (5,000 sharpoint and 20,000 one drive)- WHY??? My dropbox does not have this issue, nor does any other cloud interface I use. Only storage amount is the limiting factor.

• Character conflicts-WHY??? Same reason as above. Other products are consistent with normal naming conventions
      -Storage size of SharePoint. What a…
    13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow incremental file sync.

Currently, when large files change even a little bit, the whole file must be reuploaded.

Changes to a file since the last sync should be uploaded instead of the entire file contents.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share local file storage where multiple logins on a workstation use the same Onedrive account

I have multiple logins on my laptop for logging in to the company's domain, my home domain, 'Guest' use by the kids, etc
    They all use the same OneDrive account.

However, OneDrive brings the data down into local storage separately for each login, so I have my 70 GB of files on my laptop several times over.

And each one has to update to a from the cloud each time I log in as a different user.

Offline files seem to recognize the duplication and only keep a single copy on the Workstation.

Can oneDrive not do the same?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix synchronization problems, because I alway get a menssage "This Office file needs your attention"

I use OneDrive in just one compueter, but often I get a menssage saying that "This Office file needs your attention". It is very annoying because I need to open the file each time and I dont know why it is happening.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GUI granular settings for folder/file sync/download/upload selection and network usage

GUI granular settings for folder/file sync/download/upload.

** Granular QOS, speed, bandwidth, and scheduling options for data sync/ upload/ download.

** Granular options to manually manage folders or upload/ download only to/from folder options.

• Granular settings for file and folder sync/ download/ uploads that accept regular expressions or file names and file type exclusion/inclusions in addition to the sync entire one drive folder or choose specific folders to sync.

*** Ability use one drive to backup Mac OS X app content as well as files/folders not in OneDrive folder like iPhoto, iTunes, Aperture libraries etc.

**** Time Machine backups or ability…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Local file compression/uncompression

Files could be compressed in local before they're uploaded (and downloaded compressed and in local be uncompressed) for faster transfer, i.e., a plain text file can consume 50 times less data transfer and time

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. restore

Hi everyone,I use CloudBacko (http://free.cloudbacko.com?r=1d) as an automatic backup solution, then I do some manual backup once a month on a local hard drive. But I’d like to skip that manual thing and get instead a second automatic solution.Do I sound too cautious, or do you guys also have not one but two backup solutions? What do you use?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base