OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Buy Online Cyclone Air Filters From RB Innovations

Get your best and reasonably priced Cyclone Air Filters from RB Innovations Inc. We provide the right and high class products at the right prices. Made with high-quality materials, this filter will stop dirt elements that can damage your engine while increasing its horsepower. Visit https://rbinnovations.com/collections/air-filters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive application should ask to select folders to sync during account sign in setup before syncing begins

When signing in to OneDrive desktop application for the first time please give option of what folders you would like to sync instead of without asking just syncing everything to my PC. This is very frustrating as I have to quickly stop syncing all folders and delete all the folders I do not want to see on my PC. It would be so much cleaner if you would just simply ask first during the app sign in process. Also when an account is unlinked and linked again OneDrive should ask what folders you want to see on your PC before…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Easy upload/transfer to Google Drive.

Make an easier way to upload/transfer files to Goodle Drive...other than via a text file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make offline/sync folder settings accessible in onedrive.com or other places (besides the desktop icon)

For numerous reasons (including mine of having to disconnect OneDrive on my PC due to space constraints), there should be a way to check the offline/sync folders in addition to the desktop icon. To have only one option for changing those settings is highly problematic. Please consider adding this option in onedrive.com or in File Explorer or somewhere.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Settings to be accessed when syncing is paused

Make Settings available not only when syncing is happening. I am trying to save space on my computer and uncheck folders, but I have to have the files getting synced while I change that. Inane!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add color options to SysTray icons or one with a menu of accounts

When you have multiple accounts, it is very hard to know which one is which. It would be very nice to have the SysTray icons' color selectable. I have four accounts, so four icons. If you reorder them they don't "stick". So it is hard to use the icons for shortcuts.

An alternative would be to have only one icon and a menu that lists each account. If you click the account it opens the local folder. Something to make it easier for those of us with multiple corporate accounts, personal accounts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. storage

Soy usuario desde note3 de samsung galaxy.

No respetaron el tamaño del almacenamiento cuando cambie a note 8. Y estoy por perderlo.

Si la vigencia de la oferta fue de 2 años terminarla por mejorar equipo no se me hace justo.

Debieron respetarlo. Máxime que se compró en la máquina de escritorio Office 2016 profesional que no tiene almacenamiento en nube.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive on Kindle Fire HD 8

I use OneDrive a lot especially through my Apple devices and recently I got a new Kindle Fire HD 8 only to learn they don't support OneDrive or any Word programs linked to OneDrive. I'm a writer and it's important to me that I can write as much as I read on my Kindle so if there could be a way to provide those apps for the Kindle Fire that would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please no filesize limits anymore

Please get rid of the 20GB filesize limit for consumer customers if there is no technical reason for that.
    We are now at 1TB of free storage for Office365 customers, why we still have a filesize limit?
    (reason: I want to backup my virtual machine images, VMware)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please note your name/logo is being used in a phishing email scheme.

Please send notification that your name/logo are being used for a phishing scheme. The address of the e-mail I received two days in a row was OneÐrive (onlinedocumentsonereceivesnotificationsdrive@oneÐrivenotificationsdocumentsdrivemailalertoneÐrivesnotificationsoneÐrivenotifications.com) <wessx@uglybrothersllc.com>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copying file from a network shared folder into my OneDrive folder causes file to be directly uploaded on OneDrive (extremely slowly).

Hello,

When I copy a file from a computer in my network to my OneDrive folder (located on 'E:\OneDrive\', it ages ages to copy the file, because the file is directly uploaded to the internet instead of copying it locally first and then syncing it in the background.

This has become quite annoying causing me to copy files into another folder first, and then into my OneDrive folder.

Please look into a solution for this Microsoft Devs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a two Factor Authentication for your OneDrive. This way, someone using your computer would need your phone to access your OneDrive.

I have the same problem others have. I have multiple people using my PC at work and at home, and I have no privacy with my OneDrive files. Anyone using my PC can look at my private files on OneDrive. What if you had the option to turn on Two Factor Authentication on OneDrive? This way if you wanted to turn it on, whoever tries to access your OneDrive files, would need your phone... or access to your Microsoft Authenticator app. This would solve the problem with password protected file requests that I see many people asking for. It would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why can't you tell what kind of file you're looking at on Onedrive.

So when you look at a file in Windows Explorer, It contains the icon representing what kind of file you're looking at. If all the files have the same icon, you do not have a visual as to what kind of file you're looking at. For example, is it a word file, an excel file, a PDF file, etc. I noticed when looking at onedrive in Windows Explorer or File Explorer, that all the files look the same. Not to mention, Why can't you change the folder Icon to an Icon you would like to use, Similiar as you can…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get Advantages by AT&T Customer Service for Email issues?

Get issues with your AT &T Email like log in issue, forget Email or password if you using many emails, unable to send or receive mails, server issue with email .call AT&T Customer Service 1-800-518-0963. If you call on AT & T Customer Service number. In that case you can go by these procedure and get solution for your issue. By calling on AT&T Email Support you will be able to get Quick Solution for your issues by our Tech support Team. They are experienced and well-trained experts 24*7 service. for more info visit https://www.emailcustomersupportnumber.com/att-email-support.php

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to copy files in OneDrive app

Ability to copy files in OneDrive app

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. default template for whole notebook

setting up of default page template for whole notebook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow OneDrive to sync files of any size.

Syncing a file, as long as uploading it keeps within the personal OneDrive size limit, should, in my point of view, certainly be possible.

Currently I am stuck with a image of a virtual machine of around 25gb, which I wanted to share between my PC an laptop using OneDrive. Sadly this is thus not possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back the 15GB free online storage in OneDrive

Google Drive offers 15GB while MEGA offers 50 frickin' gigabytes for free users! 5GB is laughable especially for a cloud company like Microsoft.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)