OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable the option to edit Plain text documents on OneDrive.com in Thai language too.

My *.txt file can not read in Thai on OneDrive. I have to download file and edit it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop

Stop asking me for input.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add shared folder to own OneDrive without edit permission

Let me add a shared folder with view only permission to my OneDrive, or let me keep the shared folder offline.
    It would be really cool if you can even make a one way sync, so that I can keep the the shared files as read-only, but be able to create files that I can edit, in the shared folder and subfolders, that does not sync back to the owner.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get instant help for Microsoft tech support

Microsoft tech support is best service for Microsoft products in entire worldwide. We are third independent party and providing the offer Microsoft support. Microsoft have many software and hardware products but we are providing the only software service .if you are using the Microsoft account and face the problem then contact or dial Microsoft tech support . Our customer executives are well trained for Microsoft support. We are fixing the maximum technical issues at most reasonable rate. To knows more information visit our website.
    http://www.msofficesupportnumber.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link sharing folder rights

Hello,

I know that I can share folder by link sharing and I can assign to rights to "view only" or "edit" the folder.

Take the case of a photo folder. "View only" would allow recipients to only view the photos and while "edit" would allow to add new photos and also delete old photos, etc.

I would great if you had a option where you can view existing photos and add new ones, but not delete any of the existing. Just like the various rights settings in windows desktop/server folders.

Or do you have this already and its just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ChromeOS is continuing to grow.....why does it still not have OneDrive access? I hate Google Drive....

It will not allow the app to mount to my devices file management system. Sucks that we get penalized for purchasing a non windows device when it’s counterparts (Android) get access to OneDrive. Please allow support to ChromeOS. I do not wish to switch to Google Drive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pass lock

How about adding a feature where one can lock a folder with a pass lock to keep private when sharing files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Apple

Your product sucks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show path to file for searched files on SharePoint.

I have found a file on OneDrive online but I can't figure out in which folder it is placed. This information should be placed on Details section.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve OneDrive setup

When we set up OneDrive it looks like Desktop, Pictures and Documents automatically synch with OneDrive but in order to get Music, Downloads and other folders to sync you have to either move the root folder location (folder properties Location tab) into OneDrive or every time you download something, it has to be manually copied into a OneDrive folder. It would be nice if when we set up OneDrive we could choose all folders that should be moved to the OneDrive folder as the default save location. Make this more automatic and simple all in one place in OneDrive settings.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to disable Folder from synching and keep a local copy

When One Drive Synchronizes a Folder like "My Documents" I should be able to mark some sub-Folders as "Do not Synch". if they are automatically synched already, I should be able to un-synch, the folder, and keep the files locally.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Moving folders to upper directory

Now it is possible to move folders to another one using drag and drop. Eventhough this is a nice feature, in ipad, this supposes that sometimes you move one accidentally. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a way to undo that move (as it is in the outlook app when you delete an email) or when using the “move” option for a folder, I have only been able to to select a destination directory downwards in the tree folder, but not been able to select a destination upwards.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. onedrive 45607 hotmail dont have never did hackers

u sent me a different code Computers375@outlook.com only me administrater susan fabbie

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I read allot of books and I have allot of them in m

I read allot of books, and I have saved allot of my ebooks on OneDrive.But there's a very annoying issue, the book or PDF reading is doesn't look up to date. There are allot of apps that have better and nicer way to reading the and making them more enjoyable. Now I know that OneDrive is not by any means a reading app. But the thing is that it is extremely hard to copy the books to another app. ( I'm using a Note 8 ). My books are very organized there are files within files to organize and label…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increments synchronization

Why not develop increments synchronization? Every time I edit my PDF documents which always are 500mb big, onedrive upload it with the whole document instead of the increased part, that really consume my data and time. Hopefully there will be increments synchronization soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn on/off simultaneous downloads

Hi there should be an option similar to how iTunes works where when we downloading large files from the camera roll that Are normally large videos should be options to turn simultaneous downloads off so that It can concentrate on downloading one video at a time instead of trying to download forth-five videos at a time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base