OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync is not fast enough

Uploaded file from Android took 5 minutes to appear on my desktop app. Dropbox sync is instantaneous why not one drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Xbox Game Clips Only Partially Transfer

So I talked to a few reps earlier today & they advised that I was contacting "Microsoft Office" support rather than OneDrive support but the website said it was OneDrive support, I then told them that I had issues with transferring clips from Xbox to OneDrive & there was no error code or visible glitch. I told Doug & Kim & whoever else I talked to that I know for a fact that because of the "proof" & the visual evidence that I witnessed is that the Upload Queue clearly transferred the clips, but when I checked them on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I unlinked and relinked a PC that was having sync issues, colleagues say I mass deleted items that were "available when online" to me

My PC was failing to sync new changes in OneDrive for Business. I would save changes to a file locally, then the file's status icon would show "sync pending" but in the OneDrive tray icon it would just say "processing changes..." but didn't list any actual files. When this continued for over an hour, I searched for a resolution and found the suggestion of unlinking and relinking the PC with the problem, so I tried that. When I re-linked it, I chose to use the existing local folder location hoping it wouldn't need to re-download 45GB of files. It seemed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support underescore in file sync. Its ridiculous not supporting it

Onedrive states it supports underscore and yet when I try and sync it the sync fails. Please fix

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Respect the protected areas on iPhone X

You app doesn’t respect the protected areas on the iPhone X layout. The “Upload” option is behind the iPhone X “swipe up” area on the bottom of the screen. Similarly, the upload status is behind the time to the left of the iPhone X notch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix one drive upload speeds

Fix one drive uploads.. it’s aweful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Payment UX

Current: if there is a payment problem e.g. I changed my credit card number, then OneDrive just silently cancels my account, and my OneDrive shows up as full. I wasted an hour deleting excess files until I noticed that 'full' happened because I suddenly dropped to 5GB.

Requested: A UX notification that the problem is actually my payment card. Nearly everyone will roll their credit cards every few years, so this is going to happen to a LOT of users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 problems with OneDrive

I ran into 2 problems with latest version of OneDrive.

1. When OneDrive logins to sync, it immediately pauses and I have to click on Resume syncing to get it to complete. Very annoying.

2. The OneDrive updater stopped working. When I run OneDrive, the updater checks the server and runs into a problem that I am unable to figure out. Here is the log:

04/09/2018 19:19:34.559 UpdateDownloader: Initialize()
    04/09/2018 19:19:34.684 UpdateDownloader: DownloadLatestUpdates()
    04/09/2018 19:19:34.684 UpdateDownloader: Downloading the latest Update.xml
    04/09/2018 19:19:34.684 Downloader: GetFileUrl IsSyncEngineInOS = false
    04/09/2018 19:19:34.684 Downloader: GetFileUrl IsAuthSignedIn = false
    04/09/2018 19:19:34.684 Downloader: GetFileUrl UserIsDogfoodEnabled = false
    04/09/2018…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are a lot of problems to upload images from mobile. Often many files do not be upload. I suggest to improve this

There are a lot of problems to upload images from mobile. Often, many files do not be upload. I suggest to improve this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve folder upload in web browser

Folder upload using browser is great but when there is large amount of files folder upload hangs and you cannot see where it stopped so you can continue.

1. Either fix this issue, because same folder upload works fine in Google drive (we've tested it), because at this moment we would have to upload smaller portions at time

2. Provide ability to "merge files" like upload only files that have not been uploaded, so if my uploaded process within folder "example" stopped at file "sample1.txt" when I select to upload folder "example" it should allow me to upload only files that are…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Sync Client for Document Libraries - Allow editing when Checkout is Required

When syncing Document Libraries that have "checkout required" with the OneDrive.exe client, it doesn't allow you to edit the documents in Windows Explorer, according to the below link it's on the product groups backlog. This option was available when using the Groove.exe. We would like our users to just use the OneDrive Sync client and not have to worry about having 2 sync clients.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_integration__sharepoint/2018/03/07/sharepoint-office-onedrive-files-open-as-read-only-and-do-not-allow-check-out-check-in/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hope you have suggestions. Never seen anything like this Google fiasco

Yes that would be great. I've noticed some stuff it's doing on the phone itself that's contributing.also

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Files On-Demand status icons not working correctly

The Files On-Demand syncing seems to be working correctly, but the status icons displayed are often inaccurate.

Most often it will show 'Sync pending' when OneDrive in the notification area says it's 'Up to date', even when every file/folder inside that folder is showing the same status.

Another instance is the status will show as 'Available on this device', but right-clicking the folder will correctly show a check mark next to 'Always keep on this device' on the right-click menu.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is intended, but I set one folder as 'Always keep on this device' and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The files don’t automatically get uploaded

I think there should be an option to let the photos and videos be uploaded each time they are taken. Right now, I should open the OneDrive app and click on the photo to start the upload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm not notified about session expired unless I refresh the page

I was trying to download a document from OneDrive, but I clicked multiple times but nothing happened. So I refreshed my page and found out my session expired. As a user, I would expect when I click download, it tells me the failure reason rather than failing silently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ctrl+P should print the document, not the HTML page!!!

When I have my document open in OneDrive, I would expect the shortcut Ctrl+P should print the document, just like clicking print button does, not the HTML page that opens the document! I will never want to print the HTML page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Skip files that arent syncing

I have a problem where I cant sync my files because 1 file is broken and cant be removed so i would find it useful to skip the broken file so my other files can sync

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)