OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 이제 515폴더의 복사본이 두 개 있습니다.

원드라이브를 실행하면 동기화 될때
    이제 515폴더의 복사본이 두 개 있습니다.
    이런식의 에러메시지가 쉴틈없이 뜹니다!
    하지만 제 원드라이브 폴더 안에는 515 라는 폴더는 존재하지 않습니다. 해결해주세요!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The "add to my onedrive" button is missing for shared folder..

Really need the "add to my onedrive button" back so the team can sync shared folders on their desktops.. we've just moved from dropbox and servers to our trial office 360 and things aren't looking good so far.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ensure that files are not automatically deleted when your troubleshooting steps are followed - like clearing of cache!!!

Ensure that files are not automatically deleted when your own troubleshooting steps are followed - like clearing of cache!!!

Please ensure safety of files!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download shared folder from OneDrive without logging in?!

Based on my topic right here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_winother/download-media-folder-from-onedrive-without/3658c926-f9ae-4bb7-a7dc-1da68f26b2fb?auth=1

Why can I download 1 folder without logging-in and 1 requires me to log-in? Why do you even have to login if someone shared something and you simply want to download it? Why make it so complicated??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [*Urgent attention] Previous posts on this Voice forum have been deleted as time passes.

We would like you to inform the events that the posts to the OneDrive Forum have been automatically deleted after temporarily reflected. This event has occurred only in OneDrive forum, and no improvement will be seen in the situation even if we changed the browsers or contributors. In addition, the posting function and comment function may not work properly either. Please see the situation and details of this event below.

*Environment
     -Windows 7/10
    *Date of occurrence
    -Thursday, June 22, 2017 (5 posts were missing)
    -Monday, July 3, 2017 (3 posts were missing)
    *Details of Event
    - The post has been…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. File name location details

I have collection of more than 10 thousands files. Often times I forget their location. I can search for a keyword and often find the file. But I don't know which folder it resides. To find this, I click the file details, it has "file name", "modified", "size" and "location". The "location" value is different from the "file name" value, however, location is neither show the full path not it is a link to the folder where the file resides. Location is obviously is just the "folder name", not the full path. Please make it useful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "hide dock icon" is not working

Hi, in the Mac version 17.3.6783 (0125), the dock icon stays open even though you select "hide dock icon" in the OneDrive preferences.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Help

I need help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 'Remove' Recent in Outlook.com OneDrive is not working. Tried several times from different browsers.

'Remove' Recent item in Outlook.com OneDrive is not working. It just does nothing. Tried several times from different browsers.

1. Go to your recent items
    2. select one or more recent items
    3. choose remove
    4. Item(s) not removed

Expected Result: Selected item(s) should be removed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share links dangerously default to view and edit

File sharing currently defaults to creating a link with both view AND edit permissions. This link is retained, without any indication to the user, even when the user deselects the allow edit permissions box.

This is a VERY dangerous security flaw because some search engines are capable of discovering these links by brute force. I had one of my excel files completely *nuked* by an anonymous rando that had found the view+edit link that I never knew had been created (even though I only ever explicitly shared a view-only link for the file). They nuked the file by reverting it…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix "Uploading is Paused Error on Android"

Fix "Uploading is Paused. Please connect to a Wi-Fi of mobile network" when users are indeed connected to the internet.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Support for Commas (,) in File & Folder Names (Currently replaced with Carets (^J))

Currently, file & folder names containing commas (,) are auto-replaced with carets (^ or ^J) despite the fact commas are not listed as unsupported special characters.

Please add support for commas in file & folder names.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Photos taken in Burst Mode - iOS Camera Upload Bug

Hi there!

I have problem with uploading photos that I took in Burst Mode (continuous mode) on my iPhone 5s. Despite the fact, that automatic camera upload mode is ON, OneDrive iOS app uploads only some of them.

For example: I take 10 photos in Burst Mode. OneDrive app uploads only one of them.

How to fix the app to upload all of them ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Version - more maturity

This software needs some urgent updates since the installation pack Office 365 Business didn't install OneDrive on Mac and the credentials used on Word, Excel, PPTm Outlook are not valid into OneDrive. The user must find tech docs spending hours and proceed some techs steeps in order to get logged in. It spends too much time and energy and must be fixed due there is no reason to have the same credentials integrated into all Office 365 apps. Also, I don't understand the reason to keep OneDrive out of 1.3G pack downloaded during installation on Mac. Also, the credential issue…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please fix iPhone OneDrive app for business accounts

OneDrive app for iPhone - cannot share files without sign in, when using a business account. Works OK for Personal account. And the feature is available without problems in browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Thumbnails for folders updated or able to switch off

The thumbnails for a folder dont seem to update. I move all the photos from Camera Roll to seperate folders (Leaving Camera Roll empty) when a new photo is taken and uploaded to Camera Roll the thumbnail is of a picture that was long since moved. This needs to be updated or the ability to switch of thumbnails would be useful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive web actually moves no more than 100-200 files

This is a bug that has been staying for 4+ years and it really grinds my gears.

When I select more than 100 photos and videos in "Camera Roll" folder and move them to another folder, OneDrive moves actually no more than 100-200 files, then tells wrong that it has moved all the files I selected in upper right corner.

This bug doesn't rely on browser and subscription (I'm currently on Office 365 for Students and tried in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge), but probably it's specific to my account.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to switch between update rings (Production to Enterprise or Enterprise to Production).

Microsoft says that you can define the Rings in Group Policy. Sadly this is NOT completely accurate. Here is what you can do:
    • If you are in the Production ring (18.06x) and you want to go to the Enterprise ring (18.025.x).
    • You add the registry setting as they say here:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-group-policy-to-control-onedrive-sync-client-settings-0ecb2cf5-8882-42b3-a6e9-be6bda30899c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#enableenterpriseupdate
    Section: “Delay updating OneDrive.exe until the second release wave”.
    • You will not be able to change your version until the Enterprise ring gets a version higher then the one you already have. Which means you will have to wait around 60 days…

Please add the ability…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop restoring long deleted files

OneDrive has a horrible habit of restoring long deleted files and I know the cause. I commission one of my clients laptops manually and therefore logon as my account to install software. OneDrive is synchronised on this computer. I then typically don't logon for months but when I do, OneDrive assumes that the files found locally are new and re-synchronises them back even though they were deleted afterwards on another computer. This might not seem like a big problem except today is restored an old script with a similar name which had been deleted. I didn't spot this and ran…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When browsing through OneDrive files on on the iPhone it is too easy to trigger a ‘pick up’ and ‘move’ file. You need to have a confirmation

When browsing through OneDrive files on on the iPhone it is too easy to trigger a ‘pick up’ and ‘move’ file. You need to have a confirmation of this move as a two step process or make the screen touch and move less sensitive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base