OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can not login to one drive business

Be able too login with your face on any device that has a camera and be sure is doesn't mess you login up when the person gets a haircut, but I do not know what to do if the person gets there hair died a different color then there normal hair.

And I would love to get a job at Microsoft. My name is Mack Allen, and I am 16 years old and my berth day is June 7, 1999. I have been wanting to join Microsoft sense I was 12 years old. I have had a lot of good…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onedrive is unfathomably slow … and it can’t even hide it

Onedrive is unfathomably slow. I have a 15KB Excel file and it takes Onedrive regularly a good 5 minutes to sync this tiny file (with a good 8 Mb/s Internet connection). Even worse though, Onedrive is incapable of hiding its performance problems. From a user’s perspective one would expect that Onedrive would allow me to continue my work while it tries to upload 15KB. But no. What happens is that if I save a file while that file is still being uploaded, Excel will grey out and I cannot continue my work until the pending and the new save have…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deletes don't propogate to desktop environment

Delete a large number of files on the website (in my case > 1,000). Desktop apps running, or signed in after doing the delete in the browser, still download the files. No idea how to actually delete the files and couldn't test as now the desktop app crashes every time I open it.

As mentioned elsewhere, I really feel that OneDrive is not fit for purpose and am considering cancelling my Office365 subscription.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Learn from your competitors

Really, it's an appalling embarrassment to the Microsoft crew that their OneDrive "team" cannot implement the most basic of required functionality that is present in its competitors, not the least of which include LAN sync, partial sync, file size limit, file name length limit, and a multitude of features absolutely mission-critical to many individuals' (and enterprises') workflow. Many of these features were present in OneDrive's predecessor, Windows Live Mesh!

It seems that not only are Microsoft unable to learn from their mistakes (think Zune), but that they are also unable to learn from their successes too!

What an embarrassment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excelente APP, usava Google Drive e agora uso OneDrive, só falta uma coisa pra fica ainda melhor, disponibilizar arquivos off line. Valeu.

Caso estivesse na rua e sem sinal de Internet, seria necessário as vezes modificar um arquivo, no momento isso ainda não é possível, mas com uma equipe da Microsoft, impossível não dar certo, abraço pessoal sou um grande fã.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix URL leaking stack trace and server info

When visiting 'https://d.docs.live.net' I was redirected to an error page with the message "Microsoft confidential - the stack trace is ONLY shown from within corpnet"
    and a raw stack trace, showing, for instance, internal server.
    See attached file...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In "Shared with me" at Mobile View,Shared Folders Name Appear As "OneDrive for Business" instead of Their Appropriate Folder Name.

In "Shared with me" at Mobile View,Shared Folders Name Appear As "OneDrive for Business" instead of Their Appropriate Folder Name.
    Please Fix It.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve the OneDrive Syncronization

The OneDrive application is taking too much of Cpu usage. It was confirm that after we remove/disble OneDrive, Cpu Usage drops to 3%

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email receipt of One Drive invites sent out

Currently when I send out an One Drive invite I don't receive any notification that the invitation actually went out. I have to follow-up with the recipient(s) sometimes to find out if they received my invite. I also receive a lot of errors trying to compose a message on the body of the invite. The errors that appear have no explanation and sometime I have to start over. I have abandoned using the interface. Without this functionality I believe your competition has a better product. For now I continue to use the product beciase the price is right/loyalty but as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Issue with onedrive for busness set up on office 365 for studnets

For some reason when trying to set up my office 365 account when I get to setting up the ondrive part it takes way too long and times out on me. Can you do something on your end to fix this. This would be for the office 365 system that is provided free to studnets which I believe is the onedrive for business system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want this permanently removed from my computer.

It just recently appeared, and I do not want it in any way, shape, or form. All my programs are now defaulting here to save files, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ask for OneDrive pin in Photos App to see onedrive photos

OneDrive PIN not working great in Photos App. When I go to photos app there is onedrive icon under online category and I can see my onedrive photos without entering onedirve pin. There it should ask to enter my pin.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. finding old documents from older versions of email acconts

i had a resume posted to my email account and cant find it due to all the upgrades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive for Mac terminates unexpectedly with NSInvalidArgumentException

Happens pretty consistently - I made some edits tagging faces, but not sure if that's relevant

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base