OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple folders with same name issue

If I use OneDrive.com in desktop and click create folder than type the folder name and click enter several times it creates multiple folders with same name, then it causes a lot of issues to remove the duplicated folders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ios streaming music file causes app to crash

Apple ios- streaming any music file causes the iPhone and iPad app to crash - please fix asap

iPhone 6 latest iOS latest version of onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Focus on you basic business failures

You put junkmail in my inbox daily without crosschecking it against my contact list. My computer is updated and scanned, and it isn't a preference choice i made, It's your system's failure to deliver properly. Have you been hacked?
    Does anyone there check these things?
    Why do you make it so hard for users to report problems and help you?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make opening Office files from OneDrive asynchronous, i.e. non-blocking

When opening an Office document from OneDrive (doesn't matter if Business or regular), it is tried to dynamically update the document from the server (i.e. SharePoint). This works well when you don't have an internet connection (the offline document is used) or if you have an internet connection.

Things get ugly fast if your connection is slow (e.g. mobile) or laggy or bad in general. I have had PowerPoint/Word lock up multiple times in front of customers because they were either saving to SharePoint (modal dialog popup with none-saying progress bar) or the logos of the applications were "loading" forever…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. using new API to do resumable upload with conflict handle

I post this problem in stackoverflow:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28805408/onedrive-new-api-for-upload-conflict?noredirect=1#comment45914046_28805408

the problem is:
    follow the steps in the api doc could not override(replace) the existing file.

Is this a bug ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the following security issue on OneDrive

The file download links in the browser download history works after the user signs out of their Microsoft account. It looks like...the file download does not require user authentication.

Consider this situation.....
    I am using a public PC. I login, download a personal file. Read it, delete the file permanently from the hard drive, logout and leave.

Now some anonymous person uses the same PC. He can go to browser file download history. Of course the file is not in the PC Hard Drive any more. But if he clicks on the link in the download history, the file downloads.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the quality of the preview

I know bandwidth is all, but the quality of a pdf preview or the streaming of a video from OneDrive is at the moment so lousy, that it can not be used.
    PDF word previews can not be read at all. Download and open - perfect. Same with the videos.
    So if you can't handle the bandwidth, don't offer it. But if you offer it, make it that way, that it can be used!

Nevertheless - good progress in development within the last month!
    BR, Fritz

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. why we cant access shared file/folder to me by others

using /drive/shared couldnt access the files/folder shared by others to me, was able to see files/folders which i shared with others

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Error when upload email attachment from outlook.com with existing filename

I receive an email with an attachment and select the option to upload attachment to onedrive.

I then receive an email with an updated file, with the same filename and an error occurs when I try to upload this attachment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add notification when synching is not working

I discovered that while my cloud icon in the bottom right did not indicate a problem, though it did forever say synching files 1 remaining, it was not in fact synching to the cloud. This is an unforgivable glitch. Had a catastrophe occurred with my local drive i would not have been able to recover unsynched files. There needs to be notification of some type that synching has stopped.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cant download big files

For few weeks now I cannot download bigger files ( > 500MB ) using any browser. I had shared a 1.2GB file to a client, who could not download it, and lastly had to upload to gdrive to complete the operation.

Please fix soon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Tag folders for manually created tags

When a tag is manually assigned to a photo, it creates the tag under the section "Tags", but it does not populate the folder. Even after an hour or more of waiting, the folder still shows "there are no photos or they have not been processed yet".

Issue does not seem to be related to multiple tags per image. Also, only one of 50 images in the test actually worked.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix bug that allows Office 365 apps to access password protected OneDrive files without authentication

The password and Touch ID protection in OneDrive for iOS is awesome. Kudos there! But, while a user needs to authenticate to access files on OneDrive, those same files are available unprotected in the Office 365 apps. They show up in the "Recent" files menu and can be opened there, despite the fact that the same files would be behind an authentication wall in the OneDrive app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 버그가 너무 많네요...

그중에 단일로는 다운로드가 되지 않는게 가장 불편합니다. 당연히 지원해야 하는 기능인데...

그리고 여러 개를 동시에 받았을 때 파일 이름이 File1...File2...FileN 으로 변경되는게 맘에 들지 않으며 상당히 불편합니다. 파일명에 맞게 변경되었으면 좋겠네요ㅠㅠ

sorry. i can't speak english.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the bug for File-address characters limitation

Fix the bug for file address characters limitations. It is so annoying. every time I add a subfolder or a file with large name the whole onedrive crashes and then I need to sign in and it starts downloading the whole drive (100GB) to my computer. SUch a waste of time and Internet usage.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When uploading image to Onedrive from onedrive.com on iOS Safari, all files have same filename image.jpg

When access onedrive.com from safari on iOS, the option to upload files is present.

The iOS filename is not carried through to the browser, causing all images to have the same filename 'image.jpg'

This is from Onedrive.com in the browser, not using the iOS Onedrive app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the wrong file name from date time of the uploaded pictures on iOS

Since Nov/Dec 2013 OneDrive update on iOS, OneDrive app on iOS always used GMT time, instead of local time, to name the auto uploaded picture files. It is so difficult now to know the exact time the pictures were taken and the worst is the pictures I take during night time is using the next day's date!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix OAuth Authentication Bug

Am working with an Android application using the LiveSDK (https://github.com/liveservices/LiveSDK-for-Android) for accessing One Drive.

I have initialized the LiveConnectClient instance by obtaining the user consent with wl.signin, wl.basic, wl.skydrive_update, wl.offline_access scopes. Even after the revoking the app permission in web, using the same LiveConnectClient instance the app can be able to perform create, delete and update operations on all the files and folders. I think this not what OAuth authentication is meant for.

Solution :

The permission for the application should be denied at the moment the user revokes the app permissions. Now even after an hour I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make offline viewing an option for integrated desktop, including enterprise edition.

Allow an option for online viewing only that *does not* maintain a local copy of the file. On enterprise computers, others admins may be able to log in and access your files and this may not desired by the file owner. But if one chooses, "online only", then there is no local cache and when a document is added, it is uploaded, but still, the local copy is removed when the document is closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base