OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make one drive useable

I sent feedback via Office 365 as well since I have added storage through my Office 365 subscription. This is an issue I ran into while collaborating with a consultant.

Fix OneDrive to make it useable in real life, not in a world with DOS file names!

Basically, a terabyte of storage is unusable to me, because it will not sync reliably. Files with filenames that are too long and files with certain characters in their name (%, &, _, | ) have to be renamed to eliminate characters that ICloud, Dropbox, Box, and Amazon can all manage! This is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Look into stability issues

Or perhaps the blackberry keyone specifically. The app crashes/freezes almost every time I use it, particularly when multi-tasking / switching between apps

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop systematic duplicate of synchronized files

I have a file synchronized on several computers, it works as expected between 3 windows computers and systematically makes duplicates on Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. File name is entire path when saving as in Onedrive folder

In some applications like powershell and acrobat, when you click save as and it's looking in onedrive by default, it will write the filename as the entire path.

It will still save in powershell but acrobat gives an error that the file name is too long. I'm not sure what other applications are affected

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On the webpage for Onedrive use same sort order as Onedrive on the PC (repect local language)

On the webpage for Onedrive use the same sort order as Onedrive on the PC uses (i.e. respecting local language)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix bugs

Fix bugs maybe. Keeps popping up that One Drive has stopped working when I'm not usi g the app or any of it's components.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can't get onedrive to reverse sync.

Have shared a onedrive 'Clients' folder with a colleague. This colleague makes changes in the folder, and I can't see any changes on my end. His end is saving it fine. I was the original creator of the folder and the one to 'share' the folder. Anyone know how to fix?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug Found When Moving Files/Folders from Public folder to private folders

When we move files and/or folders from the public area to private one, we are loosing the description attached to the folder and all comments included in folders and files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. search function bug...

Appears to be a "search" function bug for pc (WIN 10 - Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer)

Within OneDrive, we all know there is currently a "search everything" option.

- As the Admin: I type in the details of my desired search and press "enter". The optional files containing the contents of my search in the files/file names are populated. When I click on one of the files, a new tab opens stating "This item might not exist or is no longer available". Obviously a bug, because the file does in fact exist. How do we know the file exists?…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to transfer audio/music from disc to Chromecast audio

OneDrive allows you to transfer images (photos and videos and music) to a Chromecast (TV plug). Google also has a Chromecast Audio (a plug for speakers). Please add support for transferring audio/music from my drive to Chromecast audio (on my speakers). This way, from the cloud I can play on a system that plays music, podcasts, or audiobooks. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make photo upload and management better than Google photo

OneDrive photo upload simply does not work. It is not auto as I have to click to get it to start. Once I switch apps too work on other things, upload stops. It takes a long time to upload, won't play photos well on Chromecast, just too much problems with it.

To make it worse, I tried to make a photo book with Shutterfly, it won't upload photos from OneDrive.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Skip files that arent syncing

I have a problem where I cant sync my files because 1 file is broken and cant be removed so i would find it useful to skip the broken file so my other files can sync

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync is not fast enough

Uploaded file from Android took 5 minutes to appear on my desktop app. Dropbox sync is instantaneous why not one drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple Xbox Game Clips Only Partially Transfer

So I talked to a few reps earlier today & they advised that I was contacting "Microsoft Office" support rather than OneDrive support but the website said it was OneDrive support, I then told them that I had issues with transferring clips from Xbox to OneDrive & there was no error code or visible glitch. I told Doug & Kim & whoever else I talked to that I know for a fact that because of the "proof" & the visual evidence that I witnessed is that the Upload Queue clearly transferred the clips, but when I checked them on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I unlinked and relinked a PC that was having sync issues, colleagues say I mass deleted items that were "available when online" to me

My PC was failing to sync new changes in OneDrive for Business. I would save changes to a file locally, then the file's status icon would show "sync pending" but in the OneDrive tray icon it would just say "processing changes..." but didn't list any actual files. When this continued for over an hour, I searched for a resolution and found the suggestion of unlinking and relinking the PC with the problem, so I tried that. When I re-linked it, I chose to use the existing local folder location hoping it wouldn't need to re-download 45GB of files. It seemed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix bug in 17.005.0107.0008 that causes it to fail on multiple file renames

If I perform multiple file renames with the onedrive client closed, when I open the client it fails to sync successfully - it processes indefininately, and sometimes shows "up to date" for a few seconds, then resumes processing -- but never achieves sync.

If I remove the files which were renamed the sync stabilizies.

If I then place the renamed files back into the onedrive folder it syncs and stabilizes -- but of course at this point it is no longer a series of renames but instead is a bunch of regular saves following a bunch of corresponding deletes.

I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Respect the protected areas on iPhone X

You app doesn’t respect the protected areas on the iPhone X layout. The “Upload” option is behind the iPhone X “swipe up” area on the bottom of the screen. Similarly, the upload status is behind the time to the left of the iPhone X notch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix continuously restarting on Windows 10

On my two Windows 10 Pro computers, the OneDrive application continually terminates and then restarts. Each time it restarts, it puts a ghost image in the taskbar area. When I come back to my computer after a while, I have a whole row of these images in the taskbar.

Can we get this fixed? I am not the only one, based on the forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odoptions-oddesktop-sdwin10/onedrive-continuously-restarts-on-my-windows-10/79a8dc53-59bf-427f-b88c-de1d59d419e5

One of these computers is a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update that I did 2 weeks ago, and the other computer is my Surface Pro 4 that was upgraded in place…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base