OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ******

I'm ****** one drive won't upload any more of the contents on my mac and its really frustratingm im getting ready to cancel the darn thing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to play videos on the onedrive.live.com website

When trying to play any video files (.mp4, .wmv) on the onedrive.live.com website, an error message shows up stating "Sorry, there was a problem loading the video.", tested with IE, Mozzila, Chrome, Edge. it is HUGE bug there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "executable" file flag?

I have data mixed with scripts and each time I download them back, I have to adjust the executable flag (I tried it with files stemming from an NTFS and EXT4 source, respectively).
    Can you fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix the problem: This file name contains characters that aren’t allowed. Please change the file name so it doesn’t begin or end with a space

Fix the problem: This file name contains characters that aren’t allowed. Please change the file name so it doesn’t begin or end with a space

Dropbox and Google Drive dont have this problem!

Pleas fix it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We need to be able to download files from OneDrive with their time and date modified not their date downloaded

To be much use as a backup, it is essential that OD is able to download files from the cloud to our computers with the time and date they had when uploaded. The current system updates to the download time and date, making OD almost useless as an off-site backup solution. Please at least give us the option to do this. At the moment it is only of value as a backup for files created in the last day or two, meaning that another off-site back up is required (eg, an external hard-drive). In hope - despite OD's problems, I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Play MP4 files in iPhone Safari

When Open the page to see the mp4 in OneDrive. But there is nothing in the page. It's all white.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to play videos on the onedrive.live.com website

When trying to play any video files (.mp4, .wmv) on the onedrive.live.com website, an error message shows up stating "Sorry, there was a problem loading the video.", even though these videos can be played without any issues in the desktop and mobile OneDrive apps.

Link to a video on my OneDrive where you can see this: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvSN6tDNHWpYkJMF4JZdo-ey04GqEg

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Changing a user account's name doesn't update the 2 year deletion email alerts

I had a user that got married. Her primary UPN changed because we use first initial, last name. She has had full access to OneDrive since we made the change nearly two years ago and uses it semi-frequently. Even the User Profile in SharePoint reflects the new name. I left her old user UPN as a secondary Alias in her account so that she will still receive email to her form name/email address. Everything works well. However, she just got an email to her former name/email address from Microsoft stating that her OneDrive account will be delete due to inactivity.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't change my album cover photo after I add new photos

Sometimes, the cover photo I chose for my album is changed to a random one when I add new photos to the album. I think this is a bug. Please fix it. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Action multiple selected items

When searching for files, the system allows selection of multiple items, but the top menu bar disappears, which means you can select multiple items but cannot action them.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bugs onedrive webviewer for videos and powerpoint documents

1) Onedrive: if a person open a shared link of a video (.mp4) with white background, the webviewer shows the play, pause or stop button in the middle of the video in white color, so it's not possible to see these buttons. White buttons with a black border will be the solution!

2) Onedrive: if a person open a shared link of a powerpoint document the webviewer don't show the recorded laserpointer.

3) Onedrive: if a person open a shared link of a powerpoint document the webviewer shows time recorded animations always at beginning of the page and not in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Videos no longer play in browsers

Videos uploaded from an Android phone no longer open in browsers (Edge, IE11, Chrome). All my videos play fine using a desktop video player, but when uploaded to OneDrive there's just an error 'sorry, there was a problem loading the video.'

This might have something to do with video formats, because it only affects videos taken with the Nokia 8 Android phone, where videos I've uploaded previously that worked no longer open in browsers, but videos taken with an old Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 925) still work fine. Both are mp4 though.
    There's a workaround in Chrome, by enabling 'load…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Only upload new items in a folder already uploaded

Can't drag a whole folder and have it upload any new content not already in the folder. It just cancels the whole upload, pretty pointless, i bet msdos could have handled that.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Android file picker "read only"

When selecting a file from the file picker (screenshot attached) it will be "read only"

This is not an issue when opening the file directly from the OneDrive Android app and this is also not an issue with other cloud storage that uses the file picker.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)