OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more editing and collaboration options on photo albums. Including privately editing photo albums.

Being able to share photo albums and let others add to your photo album would be great.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo stream

Need a similar app to Apple Photo Stream to easily share new photos, updates etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make filenames visible (optionally) during slideshows.

Filenames last for the lifetime of the picture, and significant effort may have already been invested into giving a meaningful filename. File names are also portable, and captions may not be needed if the pictures have already been given meaningful file names.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remember scroll position when closing a photo

When i scroll the photos page down in my Android device, and then I click to see one photo full-screen, if I close the photo or hit "back" the list of photos starts loading again. It would be nice if it remember the position it was previously.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use DFSR technology from Windows Server to transmit image metadata when syncing OneDrive files to the PC

It seems that when we edit photo metadata on OneDrive synced files on the PC using Windows File Expolorer, that the entire image is then transmitted to the OneDrive cloud storage. I believe that the Windows Server DFSR file replication uses a differencing technology such that only the difference between the files needs to be transmitted.
    Currently it seems that any tags added to OneDrive online photos using the Internet Explorer are not actually inserted into the metadata of the image. Using the DFSR technology might make it easier to go ahead and edit the file metadata, so that the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Inclued Paint / Picture Editor

Include Paint or another small online picture editor. It would be nice to have a simple option to edit pictures like "write on a picture" or "red eye removal" or "filters" (like instagram)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fault found in Photo Viewer on onedrive.com

Clicking an individual photo in onedrive.com takes you to the viewer, which is fine, but unfortunately when you want to see the really useful information such as who you shared the photo with, the size, the date taken, all that exif information etc, etc, you have to click an information icon on the right of the screen, and some kind of formatting fault occurs where the information obscures the actual photo!

The information is all spread out and formatted incorrectly so it's difficult to see anyway, nevermind being superimposed over the photo which is distracting and the text being difficult…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Translate automatic tags

The "auto-tag" feature is really cool, but there is a very annoying bug in it.

When browsing through the tags, I find a #Gato tag (pt-BR), automatically created from the pictures of my cat (and there are lots of them). But some pictures were not tagged.

I tried to manually add the same "Gato" tag to those photos, but they were not grouped with the automatic-tagged ones.

After some analysis (I saw in the URL), the automatic-tagged ones were tagged with "Cat", and not "Gato". I think you translate it when showing to me.

You should tag it as Gato,…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show number of selected pictures on Onedrive, Photos

In the Photos area within OneDrive, when selecting multiple pictures, show on the header the number of selected photos/videos

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Microsoft Image Composite Editor functionality in OneDrive Photos

It would be great to have this as back end functionality accessible using the OneDrive web app or the universal Windows 10 Photos app.

This would also help you to off-load this from mobile devices and prevent battery drain. I would greatly appreciate it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lightroom Integration

I'm storing all my photos (raws) in OneDrive. Enable a mechanism to sync keywords (or tags in OneDrive terminology) with Lightroom.

Since differential sync isn't supported on OneDrive I have to keep the database on DropBox.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the auto tags back to source source files (my offline copies)

The auto tags feature is great!! I love it so much, I would love it to actually write those tags back to my offline copies of the files so that as I work with them in Lightfoot, WLPG or, really anything but onedrive.com, that same metadata is available.

This would need to be configurable on/ off as I'm sure some people don't want you messing with their pictures.

This supports the idea of truly portable files that are the same no matter where or how I look at them.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Synch during evening window.

I am limited in my bandwidth by my satellite internet provider. They grant me additional download upload access between the hours of 2 am to 8 am. I would like to see an option in OneDrive to only sync during that time period. I was starting to move pictures from my version 1 windows home server to OneDrive and had some background synching going on that used up my anytime allowance. Want something that I can insure it only transfers during my bonus allowance in the we hours of the morning, unless I explicitly call for the file to download.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Camera Roll Backup - Service and Folder Designation

When OneDrive Consumer and Business are merged into a single app the following should be possible.

Should be able to select where you want the camera to backup personal or business.

Should be able to select destination specifically instead of default folder.

Should be able to select between Image and Video, each or both.

Should be able to control whether on wifi only or cellular as well.

Should be rock solid reliable and work at all times on all platforms regardless if app was opened or not.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 78 79 80 82 Next →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base