OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for panoramas

Support rendering of panoramas (like G+ does when a photosphere is uploaded) in the photo area.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow videos to be added to albums with photos

I'm so surprised that this isn't allowed that I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see a way to add videos to albums. Certainly, if I select multiple photos from a OneDrive folder, then add a video to the selection, the Add To Album button disappears.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export pictures to photo printing service

Allow me to mark photos to be exported to 3rd party printing services. Today i must manually download all my photos from onedrive / then manually upload the ones i want to a photo printing service... Snapfish.com or whatever.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rate and tag pictures

I'm a big fan of Windows Photo Gallery (2012)! That being said, I miss the rating system (1-5 Stars), and multiple description tags. Great for organizing and selecting pictures for display. Speaking of which, where is slide show?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to hide photos not in OneDrive Photos folder from Photos view in app

On my OneDrive I have image files which are not photographs and are not useful in the Photos view where I'd want to browse photographs alone.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Markierungen komplett löschen

Den Fotos werden Markierungen hinzugefügt, nach Abschalten der Option werden bestehende Markierungen nicht gelöscht - hier sollte dringend die Möglichkeit zum Entfernen aller Markierungen geschaffen werden.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto sync albums created from folders

Right now when you create an album from a folder it will create an album with all the pictures in that folder, but if add more pictures to the folder after that they are no longer added to the album.

I really would like the option to have those two synced, so whenever I add a photo to the folder the corresponding album also gets updated.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. enable playing of .gif files in the app

In most other cloud drive apps, when viewing a .gif file, the file plays rather than showing a static image.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add 'Random' and 'Display Time' options to slide show

The slide show function in OneDrive would benefit with the addition of a couple simple settings. With a large collection of photos it is often desirable to view them in random order rather than sequentially. And it would be nice to be able to adjust the display time.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow a shared "camera roll"'s pictures to be included in that persons "pictures" section

I have my phone set to upload photos to one-drive where they go into a "camera roll" folder inside the main "pictures" folder. From here I share the "camera roll" folder with my partner and it lands on her Files directory on the same level as the "pictures" folder.

What I would like is for my shared camera roll folder on my partners one-drive to be in her pictures folder so that she can take advantage of all the tags I take the time to use! Or for the one-drive "Photos" section to recognize tagged pictures outside the pictures folder.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Storage space

This storage charge that you want to incur as from August, I feel you are not giving many choices. I can buy 200GB for £2.49 with iCloud. I don't need as much as you are charging for at £6.99 per month nor can I commit to that kind of charge indefinitely. You have to either come up with a lower option or give users a solution to transfer (without the use of a computer) all their photos they stored with yourselves in good faith.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Device Photo Cleanup

It would be neat if OneDrive could compare the photos on the device and those on OneDrive and help you delete was has been safely backed up into OneDrive.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow people to comment photos

Hi,

It could be nice that when you share photos, to let user (with Microsoft account or only with a username) to comments and like photos like on the Photosynth Preview website.

Thank you

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users to rearrange sequence of photos in Onedrive photo albums

We need to be able to drag/re-order photos in ALBUMS. This is a basic need and a feature that most of us are already used to, from other products like Picasa. The sequence of photos in an online gallery is very important - it helps tell a story. If we can't rearrange photo order then we can't tell the story. My husband was a GM at Microsoft and he's pretty appalled that this basic feature was not provided in the product design and implementation.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Uploading Vivid/Live Photos on Onedrive

I make a lot of moving pictures with my iPhone 6s (Live Photo. Please find a way to support uploading Vivid/Live Photos.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to Edit photos directly within OneDrive

OneDrive should have some basic photo editing functionality, similar to that found in the Windows 10 photo app (or to Google Photos). You currently have to go to the Windows 10 Photos app to make changes that synchronize back to OneDrive....seems like basic functionality and an unnecessary step.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Space

Give me more space

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. private pictures folder: The ability to hide so private pics don't show up without a passcode/word

private pictures folder: The ability to hide so private pics don't show up without a passcode/word

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Time and date

There should be a way to correct a date that the photo was taken

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sorting of photos in my own albums

It's not possible to sort and rearrange photos in onedrive albums. They can be sorted in files but when creating an album of your own the photos are mixed again. While using traditional photoalbums everyone wants to clue the the photos in a certain order. Do you agree?? Is is impossible to put into practice in onedrive albums, too???

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base