OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for 360 images

I would like to be able to view 360 images directly from onedrive and not have to download

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slideshow

Having a slideshow i.e. Having photos display one by one would be a great add on; especially when broadcasting via Apple TV. Currently the user has to manually change photos.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Photos

I would like to see the same options for photo upload to one drive for business as the personal drive has now

If someone has both personal and business being then able to choose auto upload to the account of their choosing

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keeping original creation/modification dates when uploadig

Please make it possible when ever you upload a pic or file to onedrive, it keeps the original date it was created. i dont wanna lose my dates, theyre important.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show photos by date taken not date created

The photos section on OneDrive seems to show photos by the date the photo was created . It would be better if it showed them by date taken instead. Date taken can be modified by the user to organise photos. Google photos shows them that way. I've noticed on the OneDrive app that some photos are in a different order than on my computer.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark mode

Dark mode

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. All photos slideshow

Play all photos slideshow (not just one folder) . able to randomly play photos from all\some folders. Change slideshow speed.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync folder structure with pictures.

Over time, we are all ending up with thousands of images. Having them all merged together into one folder cameraroll is more than inconvenient once you have more than a few thousand images.
    In my devices they are organized into folders, but once synced the folder structure is stripped out and they are all bunched together. Finding an image is challenge and usually not worth the time. I and up finding it on the device and sharing it separately.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Photo Search by Location geo tag

Almost all of my photos taken from my phone include location information with the photo. I can see the location information for each photo on OneDrive when viewing the photos individually. However, I see no ability to search for photos taken at any given location. Hoping this is an easy one for OneDrive team to roll out...

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. show photos only in picture folder

The app can show photos in the picture folder instead of all folders, like what onedrive web service does.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the camera roll backup destination folder

When I started to use OneDrive on my phone (doesn't really matter which one it is), OneDrive chose to backup my camera roll to a folder called "SkyDriven kameran kuvat" (it's in Finnish and you can see it uses the name 'SkyDrive' in the folder name). I have no idea why this folder name was chosen or why it chose the root of my OneDrive either.

I think it should be possible to change the name (and destination) of the folder to which camera rolls are backed up.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop indexing album arts on my Photos

Stop indexing files of my Music folder in my photos, album art is a hidden file that shouldn't appear on my photos, and if is on a Folder called Music, Is really obvious that should not be indexed as a Photo, it also applies to Documents.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Optionally ignore album art in Photos

Please make an option to ignore/skip/hide all of the album art images in my OneDrive's Music folder so they won't show up in my Photos view in the OneDrive iOS app. Finding and showing all those images is slow and useless since they're not photos I've taken.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photos Section - Show Photos From Feature should have "Custom Folder Selection"

I want to be able to select which folders the PHOTOS section can scan for media to show under that tab.

the problem i have now, if for example, i upload a small website (as an example), and its not zipped, all the icons and website photos show in the PHOTOS section.

It would be nice to omit these type of folders.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Duplicated

When I copy a photo from one drive back to my local iPhone photos, it copies it again to one drive creating a dupe. It should recognize that it is already there.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. tvOS application

Imo it would be a welcome addition if a tvOS compatible version of OneDrive were to be released. Mostly to take advantage of the photo library that is synced from a phone and can then be viewed on the big screen. Then one could replace the native tvOS 'photos' application that requires iCloud/photostream (instead of one drive).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Photos

Photo dates in camera roll need to be more searchable. Add functionality similar to Photos app on windows 10, where if a date is selected a date picker pops up.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add an extra feature for recovering permanently deleted files from onedrive

Kindly add an extra feature so that we can recover permanently deleted files from onedrive..Many people are facing the same problem as me..i emptied the recycle bin accidently and now there is no way i can find out to get back my photos

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would like to print photos at a photo kiosk

I use one drive as a secondary hard drive for my most treasured photos. I would love to see the option to print photos at a CVS, Walgreens, Sam's Club, Costco or just a Kodak kiosk. Recently my computer had to be sent into the Microsoft store and I had an all about me project due for my 5 year old. I was in need of photos to print at a photo kiosk and was unable to do so through one drive. These kiosk have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and etc; but no option for one drive. This was…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hidden Folders and Passcode lock for selected folders

In iOS Photos app we have hidden folders and any can have look at the photos which is not the reason why those pictures were hidden. If there is an extra security for hidden folders like choose pin and so on then it would allow the person owing the phone to hide some epicures which he doesn't want to show to some friend peeking in.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base