OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    43 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop automatically creating folders (like attachments, pictures, documents) in my OneDrive.

It is so annoying, every time i delete the folders, it pops up again. If i need a folder, i will make it myself. This is the only thing that keeps me from making OneDrive my top cloud storage solution.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow substituting a drive letter for the OneDrive for business folder(s).

We have a database that uses drive letters for folders. Using the "subst" command will do just that, substitute a drive letter for the long OneDrive path. However, this creates the folder "System Volume Information" - a hidden, read-only system folder that crashes OneDrive every time! Make OneDrive ignore system files! Allow a drive letter substitution for the long OneDrive path!

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thumbnails not generated in OneDrive folders anymore

OneDrive on Windows 10 no longer generates file thumbnails in picture folders. I've tried a dozen fixes, so it is directly related to the OneDrive App and Windows 10. Windows 7 is actually working fine with the same files and OneDrive folders. So there is a recent Windows 10 Update that has disabled the ability for Windows 10 to build a successful thumbnail cache. This is happening on multiple machines but only Windows 10 and not Windows 7.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Files On-Demand status icons not working correctly

The Files On-Demand syncing seems to be working correctly, but the status icons displayed are often inaccurate.

Most often it will show 'Sync pending' when OneDrive in the notification area says it's 'Up to date', even when every file/folder inside that folder is showing the same status.

Another instance is the status will show as 'Available on this device', but right-clicking the folder will correctly show a check mark next to 'Always keep on this device' on the right-click menu.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is intended, but I set one folder as 'Always keep on this device' and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. KFM (Known Folder Move) needs more customer customization.

I would like to add Favorites, Music, Videos to KFM and also have the option to put Documents in the root of OneDrive versus in a "Documents" folder in OneDrive.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CPU usage is very high with 10.14 Mojave beta

OneDrive app 18.091.0506.0007 with MacOS 10.14 beta 18A326g on MacBook Pro ... I have noticed that the OneDrive app when started on boot pulls significant CPU time as well as associated energy usage (fan runs continuously). This draw continues after OneDrive completes initial sync. If I quite the app and then restart app, CPU and energy usage drops to a couple of percent which is what I observe with macOS 10.3.5 on my iMac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rename Onedrive for Business Root Folder

Allow Businesses to rename their OneDrive for Business Root Folder

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. REMOVE THE ATTACHMENTS FOLDER

SERIOUSLY. MAKE IT OPTIONAL FOR THOSE OF US WHO DON'T WANT TO HAVE A POINTLESS FOLDER IN OUR ONEDRIVE. PLEASE. IT CANNOT BE THAT DIFFICULT. YOU ARE MICROSOFT, AREN'T YOU??! THANKS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Back .txt Text Editor Option

On OneDrive.com, add back the option to edit text files. Starting around 12/20/17, the option to Open and edit a text file by right clicking disappeared.

However, it's possible to get back to the editor by using part of the link below.

https://onedrive.live.com/?v=TextFileEditor

Please fix this bug as this is a key functionality to edit simple text files.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Real time file synchronization failure

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    同期フォルダーの更新の反映について

Real time file synchronization failure
    ■Description(内容):
    同期フォルダーの更新の反映がなかなかされず、1つ前のバージョンのファイルが開けてしまい、閉じると最新のバージョンに更新されることが頻繁に起きます。
    共同で編集する際に混乱を招くため、同期フォルダーの更新は即時され、かつ更新前のデータを開けない動作になるよう希望いたします。

Often times, because real time synchronization fails, even after the updates are made to the files, older version file would open up, and it gets updated only once older version is closed.

As this is something causing users confusion as they are working on collaborative editing, it is nice to see precise real time synchronization and prevent older version of the files gets opened up as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group Policy to Add SharePoint Sites

SilentConfig is all very good, but I'd also like to be able to add SharePoint Online Libraries to appear automatically alongside the user's OneDrive for Business. A policy item that contains a list of URLs to SharePoint Libraries would do the trick. As SharePoint Libraries might be particularly large, it would make sense if such libraries defaulted to "Files on Demand"

Of course, this should also be added to the OneDrive CSP that everyone is screaming out for!!

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sorting of photos in my own albums

It's not possible to sort and rearrange photos in onedrive albums. They can be sorted in files but when creating an album of your own the photos are mixed again. While using traditional photoalbums everyone wants to clue the the photos in a certain order. Do you agree?? Is is impossible to put into practice in onedrive albums, too???

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix MIcrosoft update bug...

OneDrive creates a temp file called aria-debugger. It's huge...40 g bytes, and keeps growing, grabbing all the free space on the hard drive.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On Demand file storage for Server 2016

Please bring On-Demand file storage to Server 2016. Then it will be a viable product for a lot more companies.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync client / Files On-Demand support for Windows 10 virtual desktops (VDI)

In 2018 we will begin a 12 month deployment of Windows 10 + Office 365. 45,000 physical devices will be replaced and 15,000 devices will be turned into kiosks accessing virtual desktops. Would like to incorporate OneDrive into the personal data namespace, but you explicitly state there is no support for the sync client (and thus Files On-Demand) for virtual desktops (VDI), and that eliminates OneDrive usage for all since the user experience has to be identical across physical and virtual. If I can't do it for virtual then I can't do it for physical.

Request explicit statement of support…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Case-sensitive filesystem support for OneDrive sync. Seriously, it's past 1985... Wake up!

Case-sensitive filesystem support for OneDrive sync, on Mac. Time to get in this millennium!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On-Demand files: invalid ms-dos function

Before on-demand files was synchronization ok.
    I have junction directory link in OneDrive folder to second hard-drive folder. The files are marked with syncing arrows, but they are not syncing. When I select file and choose "Always keep on this device", it shows "Invalid MS-DOS function" message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : 内部ユーザー同士の共有を制限したい
    ■内容: OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間のファイルの共有を制限したい。社内のユーザー間であっても、安易に共有が行われてしまうことによって漏洩のリスクが高まります。管理者によってい制御ができるよう、テナント内のユーザー同士のファイル共有を制限する機能を要望します。
    -----
    I am thinking of sharing the files among the users of OneDrive for Business's tenant. At this moment, there is a possibility that the data leak might be caused by a simple share even within company user, and therefore I hope the feature to be available that could enable to make a limit on the file share among the users of a tenant so that an admin could execute the restriction for shared files.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate Microsoft's SyncToy with OneDrive

Microsofts's SyncToy has been a staple app for me in syncing files on my laptop hard drive to an external hard drive. It seems this software could be integrated into OneDrive so that those of us who want 100% certainty that our files saved to OneDrive (in the cloud) are also accessible when we are working offline (from our Laptop\PCs native hard drive).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 1441 1442

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base