OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search only inside current folder

It would be great if I could open a folder and search for things only inside that folder instead of always searching my entire OneDrive no matter where I am looking. Would make it much easier to find specific files from a mobile device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TortoiseSVN(Subversion client) can't find OneDrive folder?

Tortoise SVN (Subversion Client) with a repository in a OneDrive folder gives back error "can't find OneDrive folder" when updating the respository.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF file sizes

When saving scans from iPhone pls allow black and white option or provide an option to reduce scan file size

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To be able to schedule syncing time.

To be able to schedule syncing time.
    Currently, I can stop syncing for few hours. But, I have to do it daily.
    There must be an option where I can schedule “stop sync”.
    Example: Do not Sync from 6PM to 10AM daily.
    I don’t want my home wifi to consume bandwidth.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Videos no longer play in browsers

Videos uploaded from an Android phone no longer open in browsers (Edge, IE11, Chrome). All my videos play fine using a desktop video player, but when uploaded to OneDrive there's just an error 'sorry, there was a problem loading the video.'

This might have something to do with video formats, because it only affects videos taken with the Nokia 8 Android phone, where videos I've uploaded previously that worked no longer open in browsers, but videos taken with an old Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 925) still work fine. Both are mp4 though.
    There's a workaround in Chrome, by enabling 'load…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Onedrive photo edit

There is no easy way to edit a photo, just like a simple rotate a photo on OneDrive, and then save it to the same file. This is really frustrating as it should be a simple process to manage photos, edit, and share them with onedrive, instead of having to upload it to another photo app, then edit, then save back to OneDrive. Really dumb way of handling large amount of photos.

I can neither do this on my phone or my computer.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the feature to be able to confirm the expiration date information of anonymous guest links on the screen (UI).

For the ease of management, I would like to the status from the list on the screen(UI) when the anonymous guest link of the expiration date has met. Let me explain the current behaivor below.

1. Select an item in OneDrive for Business, Set the expiration date of an anonymous guest link and sharing the data.
    2. Even if the anonymous guest link expires and the user cannot view it, [Sharing] status displays as [Sharing in progress].

So that, I hope the function will be added that provides the status of each anonymous guest link on the interface whether the…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to make the "People with existing access" default selection in "Copy link" dialogue.

We would like to be able to use "Copy link" functionality or file sharing without messing the site permissions. There is currently no way for setting the default permission option to "People with existing access". Users need to change this every time they use the functionality.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Duplicates

Can an option be added in OneDrive to identify duplicate files I.e. When you have uploaded the same photo more than once but it's in different folders. This was a useful tool in Picasa and would be great if it could be incorporated into OneDrive. You should have the option to check and delete the duplicate.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable Files On demand by default

Files on demand would have been a great idea 10-15 years ago when disks were small. Now that 1TB and larger disks are commonplace even in lower end laptops, this is just a horrible option. I've found myself forgetting when moving from one device to another to turn this junk off and when I find myself in a place with terrible or non-existent Internet I don't have all my files despite having hundreds of GB free on my disks. At the very least, I should be able to disable this quack feature in 365 globally so when I login it's…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint アプリからの呼び出しの際に OneDrive アプリ経由の画像ライブラリの表示が可能な機能の実装を要望します。

Enable viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePointアプリからサイト内の画像ライブラリを開くと OneDriveアプリが起動しますが、エラーが表示され画像をを見ることができないない。そのため、OneDrive アプリを経由せずとも正確に画像ライブラリが見られるように機能の改善を希望します。

Currently, I am concerned that you cannot see the image when opening the Image library in the site from the SharePoint App because of an error occurs after the OneDrive Apps will be automatically launched. Therefore, I hope the feature will be improved that enables viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.

Thank you for your continued support.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring to OneDrive Business option "Add to my OneDrive" only available only at personal OneDrive

I want this feature in OneDrive for Business.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

When someone shares a folder and gives you edit permissions to it, add the shared folder to your own OneDrive to make it easier to edit and work with the folder and its contents. If you sync the folder to your Windows or Mac computers running the OneDrive app, you can work with the folder offline.

Add a shared folder to your OneDrive

Sign in to OneDrive on your browser.

In the OneDrive navigation pane, under OneDrive, click Shared. Folders you can add to your OneDrive are marked Can edit.

OneDrive…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SVN issues with on demand sync

With the new client on fall creators update (the one with on demand sync) basically no SVN clients I've tried can see that a svn versioned folder is actually versioned.

VS can, but them it has it own share of problems not opening some files inside a onedrive folder (when on demand is active).

Even if I chose to make the folder always synced it makes no difference. The only think I tried that solved the problem was deactivating on demand syncing from the client altogether.

For now I've had problems with Visual Studio and SVN clients opening files from…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. File modified date changes automatically even if the file is just opened and closed without any modification

In Office 2016, there is an issue with the file's modified date with files that are saved locally on a user's system but synced with their One drive.
    Even if a user opens up an excel file and just closes it without making any changes or without saving any changes, excel automatically changes the Date modified to the current date and time when it is opened. This creates problem in tracking the file based on their last modified date.
    Pls restore back the earlier version when the Date modified would change only on saving them and not otherwise.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable "Download" option from One Drive for Business" Office 365 web console.

It would be grt if Microsoft can provide us an option where in we can disable Download option from One drive for business web console.

Reason: We have some confendital data that our employees save in ODB. We have created a policy from ODB admin console which says that they can only activate ODB on a domain joined machines. but the web console is not protected. The user can go home and login to ODB web console and download the data. For the security purpose we want to disable the "Download" option from the web console.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow AD synced users to change language

Currently, users synchronized with company local AD via Azure AD are not able to change their language in OneDrive or any other places via settings. Users should be able to change that and override the AD language setting, which is usually not used in Active Diretories or is not accurate. More info: http://www.lieben.nu/liebensraum/2015/03/change-office-365-portal-language-for-synced-users/

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Zip file support

Please add zip file support to allow opening of a zip archive in OneDrive to access the files with the zip, and even unzip the files into another location.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More space for videos etc?

Thanks. Also a back up drive for entire history to back up to google drive etc? Thanks :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add to my onedrive business the ability to add a share folder to your onedrive.

It's aboslutely ridiculous this feature exists for your personal one drive, but not the business onedrive. People are more likely to share and access folders regularly with a business onedrive account. In general I think the whole onedrive set up is not very user friendly as it is. It's clunky and not very smooth. There are constant needs to sign in and out, and you have to always store links to shared files rather than just accessing the file from your own one drive. Silly.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 연령별디비 ▶각종디비판매skype:DBprince ◀ 성별디비

온라인 마케팅에 필요한 부분이 있으시면 도와드리겠습니다.

skype: DBprince / Wechat : stow5577 / 메일 : specpot@hotmail.com

성인, 디비판매, db판매, 데이타베이스, 개인정보, 주식,술집

유흥업소디비/술집디비 판매합니다.skype: DBprince / Wechat : stow5577 / 메일 : specpot@hotmail.com

디비팝니다 specpot@hotmail.com 디비판매업체 specpot@hotmail.com DB팝니다specpot@hotmail.com
    DB판매업체specpot@hotmail.com

재탕은 취급도 하지 않으며 확실한 db 입니다.
    지금 한번만 거래하고 말꺼라는 생각으로 판매하지않습니다.
    다른 곳에서 몇만개 또는 몇십만개 단위로 싸게 구매하시는분들 문자 뿌려봐야 배보다 배꼽이 더 크다고..
    문자값만 더 나옵니다.. 오히려 더 손해입니다.
    서비스 면에서도 충분히 만족 하실꺼라고 자부하고있습니다.
    회원이 없으셔서 고생하시는 사장님들 아직도 문자만큼 잘대는 홍보는 없다고 생각합니다!
    항상 최우선으로 모시겟습니다.
    모두 대박나시길 바랍니다!

Wechat : stow5577
    Skype…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →