OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client

More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client
    f.e. Distribution (update) of the client, mechanism of the client, Group policies, handling ...

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. The deployment documentation is available below and it has links to many other documents including how to manage group policy.

If there are specific additional documents you’d like to request, please create an new item for each of those and we’re happy to look into it.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deploying-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-an-enterprise-environment-3f3a511c-30c6-404a-98bf-76f95c519668?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

2. Making user-individual external sharing settings in OneDrive for Business

I would want for you to make it possible to externally share contents on an individual user level when external sharing is disabled on the tenant level in OneDrive for Business.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Eugene Lin responded

OneDrive and SharePoint already support enabling external sharing for a subset of users in an Office 365 organization.

3. SharePoint: Sync selected subfolders of shared folder

I want sync only selected subfolders for shared or public folder.

E.g. currently I can sync only whole tree shared by someone
    \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\

I want to sync only part of the tree - \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\A\B\C

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the "OneDrive - Personal" from Explorer when not enabled.

When we enable OneDrive for Buisness, the user also see a "OneDrive - Personal" folder in explorer, and when the user click on it, it will open the OneDrive for buisness folder?

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folder Sharing

Share folder like file "Get Link" for external users without external users being required to sign in . Since there is no such a future I am gonna have to use Dropbox, I wish I could of use onedrive since I am already paying office 365 tons of money!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive already supports this if your IT administrator allows it. Just select the folder, choose “Share”, and select “Anyone with the link” as the permissions!

6. Shared folder sync on Mac

I am missing this , my collegues who use windows can use onedrive like a dropbox to share files but as a Mac user I have to use the browser to view update etc.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it so my one drive is actually protected!

I recently lost 3 years of work docs. I use my one drive for everything. and recently my laptop got ransomware. within minutes every file on my one drive had been encrypted. As a result ever device I have synced with it lost those files. My suggestion is to create a protection that would recognize when every file is being encrypted and stop it. or at least warn the party before it allows it to sync on other devices. You advertise that my files are protected, It seems thought that protecting them from this sort of situation would be most…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it ease to copy files from OneDrive for Business to Group's documents folder

When using OneDrive for Business in Office 365, it's easy to copy/move files to another folder within OneDrive using the web interface. Using the web interface it's impossible to copy/move files from the user's OD4B to an Office 365 Group documents folder directly. To copy or move a file from the OD4B to a group's document folder, you have to download the file from OD4B and upload it to the group's document folder, or sync the OD4B and the group's document folder and move/copy the file locally.

My suggestion is to add the option to the web interface for the…

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now fully in production. Please make sure you have the latest user experience turned on and take a look!

9. Allow syncing of Groups

The file-sharing and collaboration aspect of OneDrive has to be priority #1.
    Without the ability to sync TeamSites the product is pretty much useless to most customers (I don't count ODfB cause it'
    s broken).

It seems we will have to wait for that functionality for quite some time.
    So how about allowing us to sync Groups?

I am willing to migrate all my current document libraries to groups if you provide the functionality to sync them with the new OneDrive client.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix special characters in company name bug on mac

If you have a special character in your company name - for example / - the mac client is unable to use the folder you have chosen.

A/S is the primary company type in Denmark, and names should include this notation. Because of this, the problem is widespread in Denmark.

I guess there are more special characters that are not being handled on the mac as well.

Read about the problem here:
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/153/p/432751/1095582

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pin files/folders to Windows 10 Mobile startscreen

Re-enable the option to pin files or folders to the startscreen. First files was removed and in the latest version it became impossible to pin Folders to the Windows 10 Mobile startscreen. This was possible. Pinning is THE distinguishing and superhandy feature of Windows Phone/10 Mobile. Why is this gone????!!!!!!

259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Downloads

I think the ability to download multiple items would be great! I just did a clean install of my iPhone and found out that I have to download all of my pictures one by one. That's a bit of a tedious process.

If we could mark multiple for downloading, that would make things a lot simpler for sure :).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharing by right clicking

I would like to be able to share a file by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer, like Dropbox and other file sharing tools do, rather than creating the sharing link via web.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive now supports this on Windows 7 and up. Just sign into the OneDrive sync app and right-click on a OneDrive file in Windows Explorer.

14. Use OneDrive for business as home folder

I would like to store my users data in their one drive for business root folders
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Documents
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Pictures
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Music
    and use folder redirection with GPO to set it automatically

655 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sharing limitation

I am using One Drive for business. Well when you are doing business you need to share files with people outside your business as well. One drive for business do not allow this! When i share a file, the other person has to sign in in order to download the file. Please make sharing to everyone available for the business version.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive for Business supports sharing files and folders via links that work for “Anyone with the link.” These links do not require the recipient to sign in.

16. Allow guest folder access for non-Microsoft accounts

I would like to be able to share access to a folder so a guest (non-Microsoft account) user can access all the files within that folder.

Similar to the way Dropbox allows guest folder/file access mentioned below. They also provide password or timed access to guests with Dropbox Pro/Business.

REF: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/20
    Q. Can I share files with non-Dropbox users?
    A. You can share files with anyone, even non-Dropbox users, by getting a link to any file or folder. Once you get the link, you can send it by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want. You can…

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive lets you share files and folders using “anyone links” that are redeemable by anyone that has that link. They are easily forwarded and allow access without any additional process.

In October, we announced secure external sharing for business users. This allows people to share without having people create a Microsoft account. This will allow sharing to a specific person in a way that the link isn’t forwarded to others.

17. shared by me

In OneDrive consumer there is a best feature that in OneDrive For Business does not exists. This feature is "Shared by me" which allows to know, after a long period that I have shared document/folder, what are my sharings

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

787 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gif animation

The app currently doesn't support the animation of Gif image files. When clicked they remain static images.
    The iPhone photo fall doesn't support it either so if gifs were playable in here I'd use the app more often.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offline folders on Android

Currently, there is a option for offline files (Thanks!). I would like to add option to sync whole folders, or select all files in it for offine access at once.

382 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. We shipped this at the end of April to all paid customers. Please go check it out!

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base