OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Downloads

I think the ability to download multiple items would be great! I just did a clean install of my iPhone and found out that I have to download all of my pictures one by one. That's a bit of a tedious process.

If we could mark multiple for downloading, that would make things a lot simpler for sure :).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing by right clicking

I would like to be able to share a file by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer, like Dropbox and other file sharing tools do, rather than creating the sharing link via web.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use OneDrive for business as home folder

I would like to store my users data in their one drive for business root folders
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Documents
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Pictures
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Music
    and use folder redirection with GPO to set it automatically

655 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing limitation

I am using One Drive for business. Well when you are doing business you need to share files with people outside your business as well. One drive for business do not allow this! When i share a file, the other person has to sign in in order to download the file. Please make sharing to everyone available for the business version.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow guest folder access for non-Microsoft accounts

I would like to be able to share access to a folder so a guest (non-Microsoft account) user can access all the files within that folder.

Similar to the way Dropbox allows guest folder/file access mentioned below. They also provide password or timed access to guests with Dropbox Pro/Business.

REF: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/20
    Q. Can I share files with non-Dropbox users?
    A. You can share files with anyone, even non-Dropbox users, by getting a link to any file or folder. Once you get the link, you can send it by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want. You can…

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive lets you share files and folders using “anyone links” that are redeemable by anyone that has that link. They are easily forwarded and allow access without any additional process.

In October, we announced secure external sharing for business users. This allows people to share without having people create a Microsoft account. This will allow sharing to a specific person in a way that the link isn’t forwarded to others.

6. shared by me

In OneDrive consumer there is a best feature that in OneDrive For Business does not exists. This feature is "Shared by me" which allows to know, after a long period that I have shared document/folder, what are my sharings

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

787 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gif animation

The app currently doesn't support the animation of Gif image files. When clicked they remain static images.
    The iPhone photo fall doesn't support it either so if gifs were playable in here I'd use the app more often.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offline folders on Android

Currently, there is a option for offline files (Thanks!). I would like to add option to sync whole folders, or select all files in it for offine access at once.

382 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. We shipped this at the end of April to all paid customers. Please go check it out!

10. When is the "Next Generation Sync Client" for OneDrive for Business being released for Windows 8.1?

When is the "Next Generation Sync Client" for OneDrive for Business being released for Windows 8.1

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto Upload

My photos only backup when I open the app and leave it open. Therefore, my photos seldom get backed up! The Dropbox app works much better for mobile photo backup, as I have found, automatically uploading photos without ever opening the app. Plus, the uploads are incredibly slow!! It's not on my end - I have tried multiple 50 Mbps plus cable connections and LTE too. Please update this so I can use this app to backup my photos and videos.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring OS X OneDrive for Business out of Beta. Please!

Bring OSx OneDrive for business out of Beta.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a PHP SDK for onedrive

PHP is one of the most commonly used server-side web development languages and I was really surprised when I came looking for a PHP SDK and found none. I would like to have OneDrive support for my web app, I already integrated Dropbox and Google Drive and I hope you can provide me with something to work with in the near future. Thanks

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update for iPad Pro and iOS 9

Please update the OneDrive app for iPad Pro and iOS 9. Having the new iPad Pro keyboard would be great as would split screen ability.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business

We need Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business:)

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. OneDrive for Business Api: Get list of shared files and folders

It would be great to have a OneDrive for Business API to get a list of all the shared files and folders.

I can get all the shared files and folder with the normal One Drive API by calling: "GET https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared". Unfortunately, this API seems not to be implemented for ODB.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implement a "Save To OneDrive" Share Extension for iOS

So from most apps a file can be saved directly to OneDrive.

Just like DropBox has. I use DropBox a lot more because of this. All sorts of apps (that DropBox knows nothing about) can use the share extension.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Merge Onedrive Albums with Photos Albums

Windows' Photos app currently has completely separate albums than OneDrive's albums. The albums are create manually on the client side, do not sync with OneDrive on the web, and do not sync with other PCs. In the same vein, OneDrive's albums have to be manually created, and to the best of my knowledge do not sync to the Photos app.

This is something that should exemplify One Microsoft. There is no reason for these products to be this disconnected.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New API not able to access shared-to-me folders even after "Add to my OneDrive"

Users now can use "Add to my OneDrive" to add files / folders someone shared with them to their OneDrive. Those shared items then appear under OneDrive and can be synced to their PC by the offical desktop OneDrive client.

This is not reflected in the new OneDrive API. At least the list children method (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/list.htm) does not include the shared-to-me items in the json response.

It is a bug and will be fixed?

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back static URLs for image files. Currently they change every day.

Prior to the month of May, images files stored on OneDrive had static URLs. "View Original" displayed the image using a static, unchanging URL. You could use it to link images to blogs, forums, web-pages, etc.

Since May, posted images no longer get a static URL; it changes at least once a day. It is no longer possible to link an image to a blog because the link is only valid for less than 24 hours. OneDrive is no longer a viable cloud-service provider for image files.

See: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odshare/url-of-files-on-onedrive-changing/91770f99-d819-49f2-a69a-7ed53be8f7f2

774 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try out the new embed experience for photos. You’ll see an “embed” option in the command bar with options for getting the right image size for your site. Let us know what you think!

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base