OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Host an AMA Session on Reddit Sysadmin

It would great if you could host an AMA on Reddit Sysadmin so that the community knows the direction of where OneDrive for Business is going and the issues that are acknowledged.

There are so many of us that that desperately want OneDrive to be a great product and by hosting an AMA, you can inform a large community on the direction.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi, we’ve done AMA’s in the past and will try to do some again in the future. For now I’ll take this out as it is not a feature request.

thanks!

2. Smart files Mac

Just as the title says, I'd love for somehow you to replicate the PC and make smart files available on the Mac so I can see my online/offline files in the Finder. Thanks!!

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that this is not something we are likely to get to in the near future. We recommend using the website or selective sync on your Mac.

3. Git

We all here have (I assume) use OneDrive, and some of us use Git. When I want an Git repo in the cloud, I need another service like GitHub where I need to pay if I want an personal Git repo. But I already have OneDrive space like 60Gb.

My Idea is to add some functionality to some git functionality to the online service:
    - Don't show the git folder inside an project;
    - Make it able to contribute via an button --> There is an Git folder inside an project, so OneDrive would be smart enough to only show…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

This is a great suggestion, but not something we’re planning to do right now. It sounds as though there is an existing GIT plug-in that enables keeping a repo on OneDrive which can provide this functionality already.

4. Make API case sensitive

At the moment you cannot create two folders of the same name with different case.

As far as I can tell, all modern operating systems support case sensitive filesystems by default, so that isn't really an excuse.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not right now  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make null a Default Static Instance of an Object

Most of the devs are struggling to aVOID the NULL.
    Because of the NULL Reference we have a lot of unwanted errors. In some cases.
    Look at JavaScript. There is no NULL problem.

I would like this feature in C#/.Net.

If I do something like:
    class Class1
    {
    public int x = 0;
    }

Class1 c1 = null;
    c1.x = 2;

There should be NO ERROR.
    What should happen is the following: "static" Class1.x = 2. the persist or not the value.
    Basically on run time each defined object/class will create one special static instance.

This could be useful when …

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TDD Interface-Class-TestClass dependencies.

In C#/.NET if I inherit a class from an interface and then I change the interface signature I get a compiler error.

But now we have TDD.

In TDD we create a Test Class that is testing another class (like a static class that is testing another class methods).
    But if we change/update the base class we do not get to see a TDD-Compiler Error.

The change it's transparent.
    Adding a feature in a base class WILL NOT issue an error in TDD.

Can this be done?
    Like a "interface class" for "TDD class"

[Test Class]
    class BaseClass : Class …

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a semitransparent Partial Region to any Window.

Scenario:
    I often use Visual Studio and look at a lot of test Results in the same time.

For that I need to resize the Visual Studio Window or Alt-Tab to view the window.

That's insanely non-optimal.

So what I do is to move the test results of a Border less Window on top of the screen - underneath the top Semi-Transparent V.S. Bar.(Aero theme)

I use a thick font and different colors.
    That's better. Non Intrusive Test Results - directly on (beneath) any top-bar window.
    But that's insane too.

Better would be to be able to create & pair…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If not "One Product" ... at least One suggested Way...

Here is my problem! Long text here.

Q: What is this "One" all of us discuss? And what is behind it?
    Is it "One = Single" Product? or any "single" independent thing?
    I struggle to understand this "ONE"...
    A: There is no "one". :) Yet. But maybe it could be "One way" ...

Windows is not just a kernel - it's a service too. It should provide necessary help to do your job - Like Cortana - when accessing some API's.
    But what Cortana can do if there is no API to use?

So here is my problem: Let's take…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi Elvis, please share this on the Windows UserVoice at windows.uservoice.com.

9. Customize the location that Rooms are created.

Many things like the Rooms function in Windows Phone create directories in the root of my Onedrive folder. It would be great to be able to have all of these in a folder, or customizable directory to keep things cleaner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Vacation Request for Office (aka Calendar)

Office suite - besides eMail, Calendar ++ should have a Vacation Request (Calendar Type) feature... that IT/HR departments could use instead of SOOO many proprietary ones... witch... are not good or stable.
    ... accessible from OneDrive/Office365.

P.S. I know this is "Windows" section not Office one... but until I find office one... this will do...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Elvis,

This is the OneDrive UserVoice. Have you tried submitting feedback through Outlook or Outlook Calendar?

You can go to calendar.live.com, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click “Feedback.” You can share your idea there.

Thank you.

11. Allow web hosting with OneDrive

It would be great to be able to use OneDrive to host small websites. This is a useful way to play around with HTML and to share files without having to sign up for a dedicated website. This can be done currently with Google Drive (and I believe DropBox as well), but I believe the option may be going away in an update to the Google Drive interface.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to save any files from sent link to OneDrive directly

My situation is when my friend send link with attached file I need then I must open link then download after that I have to re-upload it into my OneDrive.

I suggest OneDrive should allow to select any attached files and save them to my OneDrive directly.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, folks. This sounds really cool, but it’s not something we’re likely to get to in the near future. This is something that the developer community could build as a browser extension.

13. Automatically upload Xbox Game DVR clips to OneDrive

Have better integration with Xbox One. Allow videos to auto upload and provide 1TB of free storage with Xbox Live Gold Subscription to hold said video. That would allow us to edit videos with Windows-based video editors.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Attachment email iOS

Instead of only allowing one to attach a file to Mail from the respective Word, Excel, PPT app, why is it not possible to attach multiple files to email from the OneDrive app? Want the file attached and not just a link.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the report. This isn’t something we can do with the Apple picker contract, but if you use the Outlook app, you can pick as many files (or links to files) as you’d like.

15. "Hybrid Cloud" OneDrive API for NAS and Home Servers

I would like to be able to essentially "add" my NAS or WHS storage to my OneDrive by using something similar to the "fetch" or windows live mesh functionality of old. Basically, I like to be able to add a folder to my OneDrive folder that links to my NAS. When I'm on my home network, it would behave like a mapped drive, but when I'm on a mobile network, it would appear just like another OneDrive folder, albeit with different network characteristics. Setting it up shouldn't be any more difficult than setting up web access for WHS via your…

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we’re unlikely to get to this in the near future.

16. Azure/VM Second Screen

Windows 10 has the nicest new feature: Multiple desktops.
    But what I want a virtual machine to fill and use a specific Desktop? and not allow other process to run there - like a REAL second screen?

Windows 10 should come with a 30 days Windows 10 Azure License.
    After LogIn - if I still have an Azure linked to my account I should be able to create not only a new Desktop - but to create a new desktop with an Azure VM - a real Second Screen from the cloud...

Or open Azure as a new Window -…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elvis,

Please suggest this on the Windows UserVoice at windows.uservoice.com. This UserVoice is focused on OneDrive. Thank you.

17. SandBox the OS Files

Windows 7 have the greatest thing: Restore Point.
    But Windows 8+ has the other great thing" SandBoxing

All apps that need to be installed on a windows machine require access to System files - access I do not want to give to all - but only the selected few.

SO: make Windows specific Files - Read Only !!!
    So - if an installer wants Write access to a certain System/Windows file it should receive a Clone/Copy Roaming of the file.

Eq: Any time an app require access to c:\Windows\xxx.sys file - it should receive a c:\User\Roaming\xxx.sys.

Basically the app should…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elvis,

Please submit this on the Windows UserVoice at windows.uservoice.com. Thank you.

18. GET RID OF WINDOWS 8!!!

GO BACK TO AT LEAST SOME OF THE BASICS...THIS WINDOWS 8 SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! AS SOON AS I CAN GET SOMEONE TO FIX IT BACK TO WINDOWS 7, I WILL! AS FOR THIS ONE DRIVE, I HATE IT! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CLICK ON A BUTTON FROM THE START MENU AND SEE MY PICTURES...I JUST HATE THIS!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not right now  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove sync app 5000 file limit for Sharepoint libraries

5k files is a very small number for a Sharepoint library if you are using it for your company shared folder, it is annoying having to setup multiple libraries and then configuring the sync app on every workstation for these multiple libraries (then hoping none of these go over 5k files). I thought it was a mistake when I first found out about this limitation.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base