OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow files available offline. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. saving to device outside OneDrive is

Please allow files to be available offline for Android. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. The current feature of saving a file to the device outside OneDrive is useful, but it's not the same as keeping the file within OneDrive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Anonymous Download of All OneDrive for Business Files w/o MS Acct

For files located within OneDrive for Business, you have the option to share those files using 'guest' links — either for viewing or editing. Files like .zip archives and .PDFs automatically download using these links but guests are unable to download Office Online documents (e.g., .xlsx, .docx) even if they're accessing them using the guest links. They can view the files using Office Online but the option to download or 'save a copy' is unavailable unless you're logged in using a Microsoft account.

This concept is incredibly confusing for the novice and forces me to perpetually play the role of…

417 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync to removable storage.

Most of the tablets on the market today use an internal SD card for additional storage which disk management sees as removable storage.
    It would be desirable to sync to this additional storage.
    I find it particularly interesting that I am able to use the removable storage drive with my personal OneDrive? Properties – > Location – > Move

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow photo searching by the location the photo was taken

Most times, I can't recall when the exact date I took a picture was and when you amass a lifetime of photos, you often spend a lot of time trying to pair down when a photo was taken to find it. It would be convenient to just type in the city or place that a photo was taken into the search bar and just have the coordinates on the photo resolve out the results. In addition I would LOVE to be able to see my photos represented on a map so that I can see at a glance all the…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this – please take a look and also check out the new “places” view in the Photos experience on the web.

5. Improve API to allow the timestamps (date/time) of files/folders to be updated

The new OneDrive API still doesn’t allow the timestamps of uploaded files/folders to be updated (lastModifiedDateTime, createdDateTime). Instead, the timestamps are always set to the time of the upload. This loss of data prevents users from properly sorting their files by modification or creation date. It also prevents applications that use the timestamps from working properly (file synchronization, backup, etc.).
    Please change the timestamp properties so they are writeable rather than read-only.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We’ve now shipped the fileSystemInfo property which allows you to read/write lastModifiedDateTime and createdDateTime as seen on the client.

6. Improve sync quality for OneDrive for Business

I was asked to post my points separately so instead I'll just post the most important one.

OneDrive for Business sucks. Office Document Cache handler is the worst piece of software Microsoft currently endorses. Crashes, sync errors, etc.

Remove OneDrive for Business and replace it with the sync engine from OneDrive personal, which shock actually works. My company has ditched OneDrive for Business in favour of DropBox at great expense due to the awful, awful UX Sharepoint has. Its a shame O365 is tarnished in this way.

542 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    96 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support the Yosemite Dark theme in OneDrive for business

It looks like the consumer version has been updated but the Business version still disappears when dark mode is in place.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View folders shared with in my OneDrive PC Sync Client

I am person A, and person B had shared a folder with me, I want to be able to view it in my 'OneDrive' folder in my PC.
    Currently, it is only possible to access it by clicking on 'Shared with me' tab in the OneDrive Web Interface.

Without this feature, I found users in our organization feeling confused using OneDrive as they need it mainly for sharing.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide options for viewing filenames that are long on a small screen

I have quite a few documents with similar names. The difference is at the end of the name.

The view given in onedrive is insufficient to differentiate between these, regardless whether the phone is in portrait or landscape mode. This makes it very difficult to identify the correct file.

Can you please provide an additional view that will show long file names?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase the size of individual files to be uploaded on OneDrive for Business. At least 10GB like OneDrive Personal Does.

We upload a lot of video and graphics files and need to make sure that we can upload larger files to keep things in tact. One Drive Personal allows for up to 10 GB, and OneDrive for Business only allows up to 2GB creating problems for us.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Folders to be Hidden from Sync

I'd like some folders not to be synced to every Client.

for instance I use one drive on my work computer. I don't want my personal folders to be synced to my work PC. But I do want them synced to my home PC.

I don't want the online/offline placeholders. I don't want the folder, at least its contents, on the work PC at all.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi Brian, this can be done with Selective Sync in Windows 7/8/10 and Mac (not in Windows 8.1)

thanks
    Angus

12. 79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OneDrive API can be used to access content from document libraries in SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and OneDrive Personal

13. Update OneDrive for Business File Size limit to 10GB to match personal/consumer accounts.

The consumer/personal OneDrive has a file size limit of 10GB, and has since September 2014.

OneDrive for Business should take precedence over the personal/consumer line and should have this feature already. It makes it extremely difficult to convince users to migrate to OneDrive when such limitations are in place.

247 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have an Upload to OneDrive option in the Share dialog on iOS

To upload attachments from the native iOS mail client, I would love to just have a Share option that allo s uploading, and then allows me to select the folder I want to upload to.

I see a 'open in OneDrive' after the update today containing Storage extensions. But not an Upload.

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. make new C# libraries for the new API

I'd like to see new libraries made available for Windows Universal Apps in order to make it easier to transition from the old API.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a OneDrive audio player

Better, integration of OneDrive and Xbox Music. With a player for my music collection. Well as upload of 20.000 songs in Google Play Music.

Please! This idea is also very good: http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4116264-the-ability-to-upload-and-playback-my-music-from-o

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I cannot upload files to the folder was shared in the iOS App OneDrive

I uses OneDrive iOS APP.
    In the shared folder to view menu.
    Add Items that are displayed.
    However, nothing is displayed by tapping the [Add Items].
    I cannot upload files to the shared folder.
    If I cannot upload files to the shared folder I want delete [Add Items] from the menu.

My best regards.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CORS support for download

Please support CORS access for downloads. Single Page apps need to be signed in constantly and should be able to use refresh tokens AND be able to download. Currently it is diffcult to build a serious HTML5/SPA for OneDrive.
    Every other storage provider supports CORS with refresh-token access

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now support proper CORS headers for download requests in a single-page app. For compatibility with Safari, instead of using the /content URL though, you need to retrieve the downloadUrl property and then request it directly.

19. Allow new API to access and change file description

The new API does not seem to be able to get or change the "description" field of files, which was possible with the old skydrive api.

This would very useful for many applications.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move To and Copy To

Add 'move to...' and 'copy to ...'. for files and directories

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We recently added a right-click option on files and folders — just look for the “move or copy” command.

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base