OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to set MIME/file type(s) (e.g. Documents, Videos, ...) on OneDrive file picker for web apps

It would be great if this was possible to specify MIME/file types on web apps file picker. Almost every other file picker on the market allow for this.

For example, Dropbox allows to set a list of file extensions to only allow the user to select files with the specified extensions through the following API option:

options = {

// Optional. This is a list of file extensions. If specified, the user will

// only be able to select files with these extensions. You may also specify
    // file types, such as "video" or "images" in the list. For more
    145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Document Picker functionality with 'OneDrive for Business'.

Users should be able to select OneDrive from the 'Managed Storage Providers' list when 'iCloud Drive' is used.

For example, the iOS cloud storage apps Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Transmit all support this functionality.

For example, from a drawing app like Procreate (one of the top sketching apps on iOS), when you select 'Import from Cloud' OneDrive for Business should show up on the list of cloud locations available. This will make OneDrive for Business very useful on iOS then. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Play audio files from OneDrive under lock screen

Please, make possible to play audio files from OneDrive under lock screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow showing of file name extensions in OneDrive

I have folders with the same image in png, gif, jpg, and eps. They actually are not the same size/etc and are used for different things but they are the same and thus have similar names: (dog.jpg, dog.gif, dog.png, etc)

It is very difficult in the OneDrive web interface to deal with these files as you need to show the properties side-bar, click on one and only one file, and then look in the properties to see what type of file it really is.

This is both wasteful and very counter-intuitive.

A way to enable showing of the full file…

655 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to able Onedrive to Sync files and folders from a external harddrives

Hi Everyone from Onedrive.

I would like to suggest an idea that would attend my need and maybe everyone else´s need.
    I have a lot of files on external HDs that I would love to upload my files on Onedrive and direct sync them without to copy these files on my PC's synced folders. It gives a lot of work to manage these files, it takes time and space.
    Please, launch this feature on onedrive that will be helpful. It would be very nice to simple connect my external HD on my PC and Onedrive automatically sync alll files and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We want the ability to download the videos to the camera roll on iPhone

Me and my group we used to use one drive all the time when We can save Xbox videos to iPhone camera roll on iPhone, also when I edit my videos on computer I can drop them on one drive and save them to my iPhone.

After the ability was gone, the one drive is useless for many people.

Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iPhone Full Camera Roll Backup

I have noticed that when you save an image from your iPhone into the camera roll it's not automatically sent to OneDrive like it does with a picture you take yourself.

So say someone sends you some photos via a AirDrop or via a message they automatically save into the camera roll and don't get backed up.

When looking back at old pictures it's impossible to see which files you took (so are backed up) and ones you saved that are not.

Would be great if the app could sync ALL files in the camera roll.

Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Logout option on Windows Phone

in the current version of one drive app of windows phone 8.1 there is no logout option which must be there. and in gallery of windows phone in albums there should not be the option of onedrive

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

This is supported on Windows 10 Mobile. We don’t have plans to add this to Windows Mobile 8.1.

9. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

The 100 MB limit is only on direct PUT calls. You can use the upload session API to upload large files from any platform.

10. Any one buy the Windows product or Office can save it in onedrive for more reasons.

Microsoft Office and Windows are the most popular for the users but why they cannot save it in the official cloud from Microsoft Onedrive ?

here is the rules :
    1- when you buy the product, Microsoft will share it directly in the cloud for your account.
    2- Microsoft will delete old product and share the last update to make sure the user re-install the last update for the product.
    3-the product cannot be sharing for other user.
    4- Try to talk with Google ,Apple ,Dropbox,Box, ...etc that they cannot upload the Microsoft product without the user prove that he…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi there Khaled, thanks for the feedback. You can save your docs, photos, and other files to OneDrive from Office and Windows. If you have any ideas on how we can improve this please let us know.

11. please provide a option in wp to autoupload photos to one drive over mobile data

Please provide an option to autoupload the photos of the phone to one drive in the original size over the mobile data,which is currently only over the wifi

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

On Windows 10 Mobile we no longer have a low res/high res distinction for auto-upload, so this will have just one mobile network request

12. Restrictions for 3rd party apps

Some of the apps that I use with my OneDrive need write access as they need to create files.

The apps typically request for full read/write access to the OneDrive. Providing universal read/write access to all OneDrive folders to all 3rd party apps is a huge security/privacy risk.

Also they typically create a folder in OneDrive root. Later if we move the folder into a sub-folder the app breaks.

So I have two suggestions

1. By default let 3rd party apps create folders only in a root folder named "Apps" (just like Program Files on Windows)

Enable user to grant…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We’ve just released the app folders for the OneDrive API. You can read more about them here: http://onedrive.github.io/misc/appfolder.htm

Apps can request read/write access to just this folder, and then use our OneDrive pickers to open files outside of their folder, and never have full access to your OneDrive.

13. Remove or document REST API limits/throttling

At the moment, the REST API is throttled and limited in a nearly completely undocumented manner.

A simple attempt to upload a few GBs of data was met with a 420 request throttled response after ~5GB.

It'd be great if you offered some way for us to get these limits lifted and at the very least you should document them more thoroughly.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an easy way to move files from OneDrive to SharePoint Online

Provide an easy way to move files from OneDrive to SharePoint Libraries. Show all Tenant Site Collections and their Document libraries where the user has write access. A cool extra would be the ability to move (and copy) files between SharePoint libraries. I guess a partner could build this, but I really think this should be a platform feature available to all standard Office 365 tentants. In my opinion these actions should be supported by the Office 365 'Files' (preview) API.

496 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cast videos and pictures to Chromecast

It would be really useful to be able to cast media from my OneDrive to my Chromecast.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Online music player (like on Windows Phone).

Please add the ability to play music files stored online, like we can already with with video-files.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make OneDrive for Business less quirky and more intuitive

OneDrive for consumers is great. It just works and its intuitive to use. OneDrive for business is full of syncing errors and a fragmented interface (why does Microsoft Upload Center work like a separate program?). OneDrive for Business needs to JUST WORK like the consumer version. At my non-profit workplace, users are always having sync errors and other issues, and when I look online, this is common for others as well. It's too limited and confusing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base