OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shared by me

Could you add a menu "Shared by me" (similar as "Shared with me") in OneDrive web interface on the left side menu?

More about the user need: on OneDrive, files and folder are shared "only you" by default but you can share files/folders hidden in folders or sub-folders which stay unshared. Over time it becomes very hard to see what you shared, thus having this page view of all files/folders "shared by me" would be very convenient for users...

388 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive For Business Context Menu Sharing / Copy Link

As already several times mentioned we (the customers) need the ability to share / copy a link to a folder or file within the context menu (right click on the folder or file).

This is an attempt to summarize the others ideas and get this idea upvoted, so Microsoft actually implements our wish.

Also mentioned in this idea: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/11356212-give-us-onedrive-for-business-context-menu-options we are in desperate need of this and with this idea "splitted up" for only sharing / copy link.

Below and idea of the context menu from myself / Implementation in the ribbon of Windows Explorer also good idea:

240 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently completed the rollout of the new sharing experience on Windows and Mac. Please make sure you’re running the OneDrive sync client and then open the context menu on a file or folder in OneDrive. You’ll see a new Share command there!

3. Making user-individual external sharing settings in OneDrive for Business

I would want for you to make it possible to externally share contents on an individual user level when external sharing is disabled on the tenant level in OneDrive for Business.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client

More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client
    f.e. Distribution (update) of the client, mechanism of the client, Group policies, handling ...

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. The deployment documentation is available below and it has links to many other documents including how to manage group policy.

If there are specific additional documents you’d like to request, please create an new item for each of those and we’re happy to look into it.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deploying-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-an-enterprise-environment-3f3a511c-30c6-404a-98bf-76f95c519668?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

5. SharePoint: Sync selected subfolders of shared folder

I want sync only selected subfolders for shared or public folder.

E.g. currently I can sync only whole tree shared by someone
    \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\

I want to sync only part of the tree - \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\A\B\C

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

My 1GB of storage part of my Office 365 Business subscription is more or less useless because I get the "File name too long" issue with most of my files.

The following request is now closed as completed but I have voted on it with OneDrive for Business in mind (and I'm sure a lot of other other users did!).
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6325774-enable-long-file-paths-aka-file-name-too-long-p

So, OneDrive for Business users, make your voice heard and vote for this!

2,085 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    132 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. .PST File Blocking

.PST file should not be allowed on OD4B. Must be blocked by default. It is an issue for large enterprise.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sharing limitation

I am using One Drive for business. Well when you are doing business you need to share files with people outside your business as well. One drive for business do not allow this! When i share a file, the other person has to sign in in order to download the file. Please make sharing to everyone available for the business version.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it ease to copy files from OneDrive for Business to Group's documents folder

When using OneDrive for Business in Office 365, it's easy to copy/move files to another folder within OneDrive using the web interface. Using the web interface it's impossible to copy/move files from the user's OD4B to an Office 365 Group documents folder directly. To copy or move a file from the OD4B to a group's document folder, you have to download the file from OD4B and upload it to the group's document folder, or sync the OD4B and the group's document folder and move/copy the file locally.

My suggestion is to add the option to the web interface for the…

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now fully in production. Please make sure you have the latest user experience turned on and take a look!

10. Sharing by right clicking

I would like to be able to share a file by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer, like Dropbox and other file sharing tools do, rather than creating the sharing link via web.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow syncing of Groups

The file-sharing and collaboration aspect of OneDrive has to be priority #1.
    Without the ability to sync TeamSites the product is pretty much useless to most customers (I don't count ODfB cause it'
    s broken).

It seems we will have to wait for that functionality for quite some time.
    So how about allowing us to sync Groups?

I am willing to migrate all my current document libraries to groups if you provide the functionality to sync them with the new OneDrive client.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. create anonymous guest links on the folder just like files in OD4B

For files you can create anonymous guest links on the file and set it to be view/edit and require sign-in or not but you can't for a folder.

In the consumer version of OneDrive you can do this on folders. Please make this available in OD4B. This is a huge missing feature that may cause us to go back to Dropbox.

1,046 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. You can now create anonymous links to folders in OneDrive and SharePoint. Admins can also control whether anonymous links are available to users within the tenant.

13. Allow guest folder access for non-Microsoft accounts

I would like to be able to share access to a folder so a guest (non-Microsoft account) user can access all the files within that folder.

Similar to the way Dropbox allows guest folder/file access mentioned below. They also provide password or timed access to guests with Dropbox Pro/Business.

REF: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/20
    Q. Can I share files with non-Dropbox users?
    A. You can share files with anyone, even non-Dropbox users, by getting a link to any file or folder. Once you get the link, you can send it by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want. You can…

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive lets you share files and folders using “anyone links” that are redeemable by anyone that has that link. They are easily forwarded and allow access without any additional process.

In October, we announced secure external sharing for business users. This allows people to share without having people create a Microsoft account. This will allow sharing to a specific person in a way that the link isn’t forwarded to others.

14. Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business

We need Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business:)

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. shared by me

In OneDrive consumer there is a best feature that in OneDrive For Business does not exists. This feature is "Shared by me" which allows to know, after a long period that I have shared document/folder, what are my sharings

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New sync client must support team sites

Horrified to read this in the FAQ for the new sync client:

"Our focus right now is exclusively on OneDrive for Business cloud sync. We’re still looking at our broader sync strategy for Team Sites and On Prem. The existing sync client for OneDrive for Business will continue to support sync in these solutions."

Sync of team sites is very important. I know several businesses who only use the team site (because they want to share documents).

If you still have to run the old, broken sync client for team sites this is a massive disappointment and means users…

4,647 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    238 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!!

Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!! After watching ignite conference, i am excited that by the end of September they're opening up the TAP program ( beta) and that all of our one drive for business issues will be resolved by the Q4 of 2015! woohoo!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharing Group Files with External Users

We urgently need the ability to share folders or files that reside in Group Libraries with External Users. At the moment it is not permitted. Only folders or files within my personal OneDrive for Business library can be shared externally.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for uninstall of OneDrive for Business in Office 365

For those of us with Office 365 business subscriptions, we would like the ability to NOT install the current OneDrive for Business Sync Client and we would like the ability to UNINSTALL the client as part of Office 365 setup. Stopping sync of folders and leaving the buggy program running is not an acceptable solution as one is only a click away from starting to sync with files on the web.

The sync problems include the possibility of incorrect sync by the client and subsequent loss of data so until Microsoft have fixed the sync problem allow us to uninstall…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple file download - OneDrive for business

As with One Drive stand alone you have the ability to select and download multiple files at a time.

2,221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    299 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Downloading multiple files is now available for OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint. Please make sure you have the latest experiences turned on. Thanks, everyone!

← Previous 1

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base