OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CPU usage is very high with 10.14 Mojave beta

OneDrive app 18.091.0506.0007 with MacOS 10.14 beta 18A326g on MacBook Pro ... I have noticed that the OneDrive app when started on boot pulls significant CPU time as well as associated energy usage (fan runs continuously). This draw continues after OneDrive completes initial sync. If I quite the app and then restart app, CPU and energy usage drops to a couple of percent which is what I observe with macOS 10.3.5 on my iMac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Files On-Demand bug

I've noticed a bug on multiple instances in our environment. Syncing with a SharePoint site, using OneDrive build 18.091.0506.0007 and running on Windows 10 Enterprise b1709 and b1802.

With Files On-Demand enabled, and when navigating to any folder in the site, it automatically downloads the files in that folder even though none were set to 'Always Keep on this Device'. Also, when right clicking these files and clicking 'Free Up Space', it switches back to the cloud (online only) and one second later, re-downloads them.

Tested on a newly imaged machine with no other software on it. Windows Defender isn't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve battery consumption on S8+

The onedrive app is draining too much battery on my S8+. it needs to cool out, it keeps ringing up with notifications: "Doing backup of your photos" even if I haven't taken any pictures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whenever I click a notification it takes me to the file list

When it says it created a new album it just takes me to the file list. Same now when it told me about a whiteboard

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop restoring long deleted files

OneDrive has a horrible habit of restoring long deleted files and I know the cause. I commission one of my clients laptops manually and therefore logon as my account to install software. OneDrive is synchronised on this computer. I then typically don't logon for months but when I do, OneDrive assumes that the files found locally are new and re-synchronises them back even though they were deleted afterwards on another computer. This might not seem like a big problem except today is restored an old script with a similar name which had been deleted. I didn't spot this and ran…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDriver

I can not login to my personal account on windows 10 Proesional 64bit ver1607
    When I select Add a presonal account does not appear login.I have logged into my account on windows users I think it must be linked to onedriver
    I tried deleting some onedriver but still did not lose anything, it kept going, did not let me log on onrriver with personal account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive for business just keeps crashing on Mac High Sierra latest update.

I have both Onedrive personal and Ondrive for business the personal version operates normally the business version crashes constantly and produces the attached error message.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Newly create files in OneDrive folders out of reach when on metered connection

When I am on a metered connection, OneDrive pauses syncing, which is great in principle. One consequence of this, however, is that I can no longer new folders and files created by office applications in OneDrive folder. For example, if I create a new file or folder in Word or Excel, I cannot even find it with the File Explorer! The only way I can access it, for example to attach it to an e-mail, is through the office application concerned and by saving it in another spot, say, the desktop.
    This is a very annoying bug that makes OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive For Business does not sync files larger than 1 GB

Problem-1 is as follow:
    1. OneDrive does not sync files larger than 3 GB
    2. OneDrive does not always sync files between 1.5 and 3 GB. 10-20% goes through and 80-90% goes in circle. Circle means it sync the file until the end, and then it start all over again and it sync the same file again and again and again…..
    3. OneDrive does not sync always files between 1 and 1.5 GB. 50% goes through and 50% goes in circle. Circle means it sync the file until the end, and then it start all over again and it sync…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Too much drain on pc.

During Sync my laptop is virtually unusable due to the amount of resources required by OneDrive to do it's job. I am unable to open new tabs or watch videos while sync is happening.
    It would be great if it could actually run while I work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows"

Windows10 cannot connect to Windows?
    What is the root cause?
    Very frustrating and in case of lack of diskspace solutoin is not usable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Annoying bugs in Microsoft products

At the outset I regret to inform that the recent Microsoft products , let it be Windows OS, Office 365 , Skype and many other tools which I use for my daily work is full of BUGS. MS software has pathetic quality now a days. I will have to write a book instead of this post to list the MS bugs which I notice in my day to day work.

The latest one being synchronisation bugs in the much hyped OneDrive. My taskbar status icon tells me that "All files are in sync". However, when I open the sync folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When copying directories from a PC - copy all the files, not just some of them

Copied a directory from my desktop - 43 files (36 pictures, 7 AVIs) didn't make it.

Random files missing - no pattern seen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On-Demand files: invalid ms-dos function

Before on-demand files was synchronization ok.
    I have junction directory link in OneDrive folder to second hard-drive folder. The files are marked with syncing arrows, but they are not syncing. When I select file and choose "Always keep on this device", it shows "Invalid MS-DOS function" message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid.

a file in 1drv synced folder is not synced or can be deleted from local drive. the error is just: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Onedrive client: one of the worst pieces of software form microsoft i have ever seen

Th onedrive client is like a formula 1 (server side) with the tyres of a bike.
    I have the client costantly crash 5/10 times a day.
    Cannot examine log files. Are not in plain text. Why did you choose to use a so unuseful way to log activities ?
    The client always crash when i add a lot of files to a synced folder.
    i had to upload a subdirectory to onedrive server via webdav because the client could not accomplish this result.
    Please restart this crayy software form scratch and build something useful for your users.
    Btw i have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Onedrive is making problem with AutoCAD Xref system when the files cannot sync up to cloud

I use Onedrive with my team for "AutoCAD Xref system" and many time Onedrive stuck with sync problem.
    it always shows "looking for change" or "processing change".

what I can do is only "unlink this PC and relink it again"

After that the files are flooded to every people pc with the suffix like "-pc name" which cause the problem with AutoCAD Xref because we have to check in every single file "which file from which PC" is the most current one that we have to remove suffix "-pc name" and replace it back to our Xref system.

It takes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TortoiseSVN(Subversion client) can't find OneDrive folder?

Tortoise SVN (Subversion Client) with a repository in a OneDrive folder gives back error "can't find OneDrive folder" when updating the respository.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base