OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Capture Tool and Quick Share Features

OneDrive Capture(Snipping) Tool
    - Similar to Snipping Tool, Snaggit, OneNote, Puush, Gyazo except automatically uploads image to a special folder on OneDrive similar to how phone pictures go to "Camera Roll", these pictures would go into a "Screenshots" folder.
    - Different keyboard shortcuts for full screen screenshot, focused window screenshot, select your area screenshot
    - Depending on the key combination, say if you hold shift during the key combination, it will determine whether a dialog will pop up asking what you want to do. For example Ctrl + 4 would give you a select-area screenshot and AUTOMATICALLY save the OneDrive…

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re starting to roll out our new screenshot feature. We have a dedicated screenshots folder and you can easily sync them across all your devices. The rollout will happen with updates to the sync client and we’ll ramp it up to 100% over the next couple of weeks.

Take a look at the announcement in the link below and keep the suggestions coming!

https://blog.onedrive.com/introducing-an-all-new-way-to-view-manage-and-share-your-photos-in-onedrive/

2. Cortana Integration

Integrate with Cortana to (example) upload files, share files etc..

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recycle Bin access on iOS

Like the feature just added for Windows Phone 8.1, I would like to see this feature on iOS devices.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We built this — it’s in the top right “…” when you’re in the app. Click it and look for “Open Recycle Bin.” Thanks!

4. Upload videos from iPad to OneDrive for Business

Inside OneDrive for Business add a feature for uploading videos stored on the iPad Storage system.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folder selective sync with OneDrive for Business

I am using OneDrive for Business on Windows 8.1 PC and have 1TB plan. Once I upload files to OneDrive I don't want to download them all.

I want to be able select folders I want to sync so I don't need to download all files (1TB).
    Problem described in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/7f3e9994-9ca3-4550-b82e-2bfe64eab692/folder-selective-sync-with-onedrive-for-business?forum=sharepointgeneral

1,712 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    95 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Passcode on Windows Phone

OneDrive saved all personal data from document, music, and picture but OneDrive does not request to enter PIN code to open OneDrive.

The feature is important because it help to secure file in OneDrive

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't rename images files on Android when using the Camera auto upload feature

The camera roll auto upload feature on the Android OneDrive app is great! The reason why I don't find it useful, is that it renames the images files when uploading them to OneDrive for some reason. Please keep the original file names, or at least give users the option to. Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring All Photos view to Windows Phone

Bring the "All photos view" to Windows phone like the feature that is in the web and iOS.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add 1 tb storage option to OneDrive In addition to office 365

There should be an option to purchase additional storage on onedrive. I have a office 365 account and would like the option to purchase 500gb or 1tb for a fee per month, just like on onedrive for business

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Thank you for the suggestion, Louis! We are happy to let you know that Office 365 (starting at $6.95 per month in the US) will soon feature unlimited storage.

You can read the announcement here:
    http://blogs.office.com/2014/10/27/onedrive-now-unlimited-storage-office-365-subscribers/

And if you are on Office 365 subscriber, you can sign up to be among the first to get an increase in storage space here:
    preview.onedrive.com

Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks.

11. Option to backup photos only while charging

In the settings in Google photos, there is an option to only backup photos when the device is charging (additional to the option to only backup over wifi).

I would love to have this option in the OneDrive app (not just on Android, but in any OneDrive mobile app), because I don't want to waste battery life backing up photos.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

We know this is an important option for our users. I’m happy to let you know that we just shipped this feature on Android yesterday! Thanks for using OneDrive :)

PS – the update is available to 10% of our users (randomly selected) today, and we expect it to reach everyone by early next week.

12. Virtual folders for photo albums

Lots of photo organisation programs and photo sharing websites conceptualise albums as sort of virtual folders whereby the same photo in your library can appear in multiple albums (virtual folders) without duplication of the photo. I find this very useful.

Photo organisation in OneDrive is limited to regular folders, and therefore you have to duplicate photos if you want them to appear in multiple albums (album in this sense being just a regular folder with photo viewing options).

Please enable us to create virtual folder type albums.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the option to hide upper directory structure/public files when sharing on OneDrive.com

I recently switched over to using OneDrive instead of Dropbox as my method of sharing files with clients, and so far, things are mostly good. There's just one issue I've come across so far though - when I share a folder with a client, it exposes the entire directory structure of my OneDrive to them, and possibly lets them see other "public" shared files that I'd rather not have them access.

For example, I've got the default "Public" folder in my OneDrive, and I occasionally use that folder to post goofy things to Twitter or share images or videos with…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tag / keyword search on mobile

for the time beeing it's not possible to search for files ( keywords, metatags ) via mobile onedrive apps ( Iphone / Ipad )
    That means my thousands of pictures in onedrive are like in a messy shoebox. Only on my PC i can search in Onedrive

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. improve performance to watch videos uploaded to onedrive. Features like buffering need to be performed at onedrive ASAP

I love the automatic sync of my videos from Windows Phone to onedrive, but when I try to watch those videos from onedrive.com or via onedrive windows 8 app, the performance to watch video is terrible. There is no buffering for video. It is almost unusable this functionality nowadays.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring parity to OneDrive and OneDrive for Business Clients

Create -one- client that can handle multiple accounts for both OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Instead of having two clients that can only handle one account for OneDrive and one for OneDrive for Business build one client for all your accounts with feature parity (selective sync, sync shared, etc. etc.) I have one consumer OneDrive and several Office365 OneDrive for Business Accounts but there is no option to connect all accounts and sync locally.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This one slipped through the cracks – but we delivered a converged sync client last December! While we don’t have 100% feature parity, many of the most critically asked for features are available – including the ability to do Selective Sync, support removable media, sync files up to 10 GB in size (up from 2 GB), use less disk space and do it all more reliably and quickly than before. Feel free to create new suggestions (or upvote existing ones) for the next set of features you’d like to see.

17. Add "Shared" / "Shared with Me" view to the modern app

I mean, even the Windows Phone app has this.

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Skydrive.exe perpetual crash/restart Windows 8.1 issue

Pick a link, any link: http://www.bing.com/search?q=skydrive.exe+crashing+%22windows+8.1%22&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE11SR

I'm seeing this issue on multiple Win 8.1 boxes. No idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I ran the troubleshooter today and it's still running after nearly an hour. Leaving it overnight.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

We need more details on this one, once can get in touch with us we can take it from there. This could be more than one issue.

19. Release a OneDrive for Business client for Mac OS X

A Mac OS X client still hasn't been released for OneDrive for Business.

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Full text search

To enable quick full text searches.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories