OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable music streaming

I want to use One drive for my music files. Create a platform for music streaming from One drive.

688 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1,314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    182 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return OneDrive to the way that it was pre Windows 8.1

The following problems were documented on Microsoft's community page here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/files/i-am-having-multiple-problems-with-skydrive-in/3194a7ee-bef6-4c41-b199-0bb1a4da6e2e

I never received a solution:

I can't wrap my head around SkyDrive in Windows 8.1. These are the problems that I am having:
    1.I select a folder, and then select online only. The Available Offline disappears. I come back 5 minutes later, and the folder once again says "Available Offline."

2.When you select online only, after a folder was available offline, you should see some status as to what is happening. i.e. these 650 files are being deleted.

3.The SkyDrive App says "Downloading 6 items..." in the upper right…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable file versioning / history for all types of files (not just Office types)

I know you can recover previous versions of Microsoft Office files in OneDrive. But in Dropbox and Google Drive, you can recover previous versions of any file type (and this has been a long standing feature of these services). Please give us the ability to restore previous versions of any file type in OneDrive.

5,165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    262 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are expanding version history support to all file types for OneDrive personal account users. As a result, customers will now be able to restore or download previous versions of all their files for up to 30 days. It will be available to everyone this summer; currently, approximately 10% of OneDrive users can see and interact with this feature.

You can read more about file versioning and how to use it on our blog: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/07/19/expanding-onedrive-version-history-support-file-types

We understand how critical your data is to you. We also understand that threats are continually evolving and that our product must evolve too. This is one of several steps you will see us take in the near future to help protect you and your data.

5. Fix camera roll backup reliability for Windows Phone

Tired of not finding photos on OneDrive that are on my phone...

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi, we are aware of a small number of customers who are having issues uploading photos from Windows Phone. The work around is to sideload your photos to your OneDrive through your PC or manually upload them through the app. This is not a widespread issue and we are working on resolving it.

thanks Angus

6. Improve speed of syncing files

On both Mac OSX Mavericks and Windows 7, OneDrive syncs so impossibly slow that it is a joke. It takes hours for megabytes to move up, and quite often OneDrive just crashes over and over, preventing syncing even more. On OSX, OneDrive constantly "resets", asking me to log in and pick the directory again, and on Windows 7, the service keeps restarting over and over, with little progress.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Since this appears to be a support issue, we have moved this issue to our support team to follow up on.

7. Enable uploading of folders via OneDrive.com

Allow to upload whole folders for OneDrive on the web. It should be possible to upload folders by drag and drop from the desktop to the browser window.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners

You can do this with competing consumer cloud storage systems. OneDrive should offer that functionality as well.

Users would be able to add shared folders to their own OneDrive, syncing the folders on their computer like any other OneDrive folders.

5,920 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    612 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all -
    I’m excited to let you know that we’ve begun rolling out Shared Folder sync on OneDrive. We can’t wait for you to start using it!

How does it work? We have a new action on OneDrive, called “Add to my OneDrive.” Whenever you are using OneDrive on the web, or through the mobile app, you’ll see this when you are browsing content that others have shared with you. Clicking “Add to my OneDrive” will add that folder to your OneDrive. From then on, whenever you browse your OneDrive, you’ll be able to see any of the shared folders you’ve added. And on the sync client, when you select what folders to sync, you’ll see all the shared folders you’ve added. Select the shared folder(s) you want and they’ll immediately begin syncing to your PC or Mac.

We’re rolling this out which takes some time, and…

9. Get a sharing link from Windows Explorer without visiting website

Dropbox doesn't force you to go to a website to get an link to share. It doesn't even require you to wait for the file to finish uploading before allowing you to copy a link. Please provide this functionality in the desktop context menu.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove the File size limit of 2GB for syncing.

There are numerous files that can exceed this file size. Especially if you're syncing family videos, large CAD files, or perhaps digital art files. This makes OneDrive not very useful for my purposes, and others I suspect.

I heard back in 2012 that this was something that the OneDrive team wanted to do but I haven't heard an update on this since then. Please let us know what's going on with this.

343 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable long file paths (aka "File Name Too Long" problem when syncing)

As a developer, I have deeply nested file structures with sometimes arduously long file names. I am unable to use OneDrive as it stands now because of this. I would like to suggest that this limitation be removed. I understand that it's probably a fundamental infrastructure issue but it's severely hampering Onedrive when compared to other competitors out there right now, despite all the other cool features.

5,711 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1034 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve enabled significantly longer paths for your personal OneDrive in our latest Windows and Mac releases (available from http://onedrive.com/download). You should be able to use paths up to 430 characters from the root of your local OneDrive sync folder. Our telemetry tells us this covers the vast majority of customers who have hit max path issues in the past. Note that if you have over 90 characters in your local OneDrive path (that is, from drive letter to OneDrive\) you will see characters over 90 cut into the budget of 430 characters (93 character local path will mean 427 characters available for path in the OneDrive folder).

12. Allow the REAL OneDrive team to take over this feedback portal.

This UserVoice portal was started by a concerned fan of OneDrive who wants OneDrive to be the best it can, but there were no feedback outlets to be found. Please upvote this idea so that the OneDrive team takes notice and starts to hear the feedback of it's fans and users.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base