OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use local server as cache for off-line file access and on-premise backups

Most businesses cannot forego the use of local file server storage. They want offline access to files, they need their storage to be compatible with Line of Business (LOB) software and they need local networking speeds.

By providing a "local OneDrive cache" that can run on a Windows Server, customers would be able to benefit from local network performance and offline (no internet) access to shared files. Maybe more importantly, businesses could backup their OneDrive data through their regular backups software therefore getting rid of three major business objections in one go and paving the way for wider adoption.

Ideally,…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the SharePoint dependency from OneDrive for Business

It is nice to see that OneDrive (consumer) and ODfB clients are merging. That is a step in the right direction. However, we will are not likely to adopt OneDrive in our organization for one key reason: the infrastructure requirement to store ODfB data in a SharePoint site. We have a security office mandate to keep file storage on premises, and we have way to much user data to store all files in SharePoint.

Using SharePoint for document storage is administratively demanding and requires significant investment in expensive third-party BLOB externalization software. I would like to see "Work Folders" and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow files to sync when you save, versus having to fully close a file.

If you are working on a document in Word and you hit save, you figure that the new version is now in the cloud. If you run down the hall to bring it up on another PC, say a presentation device, and you didn't close the full app, then it doesn't sync to the cloud. If you press Save, the file should replicate and you shouldn't have to Exit the file or Word to make this happen. This is where a lot of users are frustrated and say "It takes hours for my files to sync" probably they didn't close…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive for Business - File and Naming Limits

File naming, directory limits, etc should be 100% equal to those of NTFS.

So that when we are synching files and folders from Microsoft Windows File Systems we ,shouldn't be getting messages that say there are file conflicts, sounds like incompatible 3rd party products not flagship products made by the same company... crazy!

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera Roll Backup - Service and Folder Designation

When OneDrive Consumer and Business are merged into a single app the following should be possible.

Should be able to select where you want the camera to backup personal or business.

Should be able to select destination specifically instead of default folder.

Should be able to select between Image and Video, each or both.

Should be able to control whether on wifi only or cellular as well.

Should be rock solid reliable and work at all times on all platforms regardless if app was opened or not.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the following security issue on OneDrive

The file download links in the browser download history works after the user signs out of their Microsoft account. It looks like...the file download does not require user authentication.

Consider this situation.....
    I am using a public PC. I login, download a personal file. Read it, delete the file permanently from the hard drive, logout and leave.

Now some anonymous person uses the same PC. He can go to browser file download history. Of course the file is not in the PC Hard Drive any more. But if he clicks on the link in the download history, the file downloads.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix OAuth Authentication Bug

Am working with an Android application using the LiveSDK (https://github.com/liveservices/LiveSDK-for-Android) for accessing One Drive.

I have initialized the LiveConnectClient instance by obtaining the user consent with wl.signin, wl.basic, wl.skydriveupdate, wl.offlineaccess scopes. Even after the revoking the app permission in web, using the same LiveConnectClient instance the app can be able to perform create, delete and update operations on all the files and folders. I think this not what OAuth authentication is meant for.

Solution :

The permission for the application should be denied at the moment the user revokes the app permissions. Now even after an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow OneDrive folder to be placed on a network share

I have a home server, and I'd like to be able to place my local OneDrive folder on a network share. Now I have many files stored on the SSD of my computer AND stored on the network share. If I can move the local OneDrive folder to the network share I would only need one copy. One copy on the server and one copy on OneDrive.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update the design of the mobile version of OneDrive.com

It's currently still using the extremely dated design language from the windowslive.com days, it doesn't feel like a part of the modern OneDrive apps. It shouldn't be neglected these days that people browse on their mobile devices about as much as their computers :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi Peter, can you tell us more about what you would like to see change? If you have specific suggestions that would really help. Thanks for using OneDrive! :)

10. Fix the bug for File-address characters limitation

Fix the bug for file address characters limitations. It is so annoying. every time I add a subfolder or a file with large name the whole onedrive crashes and then I need to sign in and it starts downloading the whole drive (100GB) to my computer. SUch a waste of time and Internet usage.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Saving attachments from OWA to Onedrive for Business

I'd like to be able to save attachments in outlook web app in Office 365 directly to my Onedrive for Business account

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload functionality for Onedrive client

Add upload functionality to Onedrive client. The file should be uploaded to specified folder on the drive, but not synced with other computers (assuming selective sync).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Advanced sharing

It would be nice to manage sharing more in deep, for example i want to share a folder but i want that some files inside are not shared

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice to have a scroll wheel zoom function when viewing pictures in-browser. Google Drive does it.

It would be nice to have a scroll wheel zoom function when viewing pictures in-browser. Google Drive does it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement OneDrive <-> OneNote cross referencing

I am working together with a group of 10 friends on a collaborating project and for that we extensively make use of OneNote and OneDrive.

What bothers us is that you cannot directly refference a shared OneDrive Folder/File in OneNote and vice versa. One has to create a specific shared link and copy that into OneNote.

It would be great if there would be an option like with sharing event notes of a calendar event with a group of people in a shared OneNote Notebook. This works wonderful and would be great to have between OneNote & OneDrive as well.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Placeholders and sync only recent files

For the first sync, I like placeholders but I can see the disadvantage of not having data when you need it.

I think it would be good to have the option to download all the files that have been accessed/opened/written within the last *** days.

That way, you can custom download the most important recent files(depending on overall size) AND have placeholders.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. please add notifications to oneDrive windows phone. IOS has the feature!!

Please add all features to windows phone first. We need features and notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. No green hooks

There are no green hooks visible in my Windows Explorer on my Laptop.
    Synchronisation works perfectly, but i see no green hooks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow account switching in OneDrive desktop app

This feature was available in PRE-Windows 8 SkyDrive desktop application.

I have two accounts: windows and windows phone. And there's absolutely no way for me to browse my phone camera pictures on my desktop right now by using OneDrive. I'm forced to use DropBox instead.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Onedrive for Business team site view

I would like to be able to view all my personal OneDrive files and my team sites from the OneDrive for Business IOS app. You can view Word documents on your team site from Word and the same with Excel but you can't go to a central viewer like OneDrive for Business and search for a file in your team sites. Please add this functionality.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base