OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement a "Save To OneDrive" Share Extension for iOS

So from most apps a file can be saved directly to OneDrive.

Just like DropBox has. I use DropBox a lot more because of this. All sorts of apps (that DropBox knows nothing about) can use the share extension.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business

We need Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business:)

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add sync status markings to files in OS X sync client

All Windows versions of Onedrive consumer and business, show the sync status of files and folders (green check for synced, circular arrows for sync in progress, red X for sync error). This would be a helpful addition in the sync client for OS X. Both Google Drive and Dropbox OS X clients allow this so it should be doable.

Additionally, sharing directly from Finder would be a HUGE value-add.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto Upload

My photos only backup when I open the app and leave it open. Therefore, my photos seldom get backed up! The Dropbox app works much better for mobile photo backup, as I have found, automatically uploading photos without ever opening the app. Plus, the uploads are incredibly slow!! It's not on my end - I have tried multiple 50 Mbps plus cable connections and LTE too. Please update this so I can use this app to backup my photos and videos.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use OneDrive for business as home folder

I would like to store my users data in their one drive for business root folders
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Documents
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Pictures
    C:\users\%username%\Onedrive for Business\Music
    and use folder redirection with GPO to set it automatically

655 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a PHP SDK for onedrive

PHP is one of the most commonly used server-side web development languages and I was really surprised when I came looking for a PHP SDK and found none. I would like to have OneDrive support for my web app, I already integrated Dropbox and Google Drive and I hope you can provide me with something to work with in the near future. Thanks

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. shared by me

In OneDrive consumer there is a best feature that in OneDrive For Business does not exists. This feature is "Shared by me" which allows to know, after a long period that I have shared document/folder, what are my sharings

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suggestion - Touch ID

Touch ID option in iOS, in addition to passcode, would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offline

I'd like to suggest you add option for keeping the photos or other files available at offline mode ( when the phone disconnected from internet) but without showing the files at the phone photos as downloaded photos.. I mean we can access these photos without Internet but only through Onedrive application.

Good luck

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offline folders on Android

Currently, there is a option for offline files (Thanks!). I would like to add option to sync whole folders, or select all files in it for offine access at once.

382 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. We shipped this at the end of April to all paid customers. Please go check it out!

11. New sync client must support team sites

Horrified to read this in the FAQ for the new sync client:

"Our focus right now is exclusively on OneDrive for Business cloud sync. We’re still looking at our broader sync strategy for Team Sites and On Prem. The existing sync client for OneDrive for Business will continue to support sync in these solutions."

Sync of team sites is very important. I know several businesses who only use the team site (because they want to share documents).

If you still have to run the old, broken sync client for team sites this is a massive disappointment and means users…

4,647 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    238 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. available offline

add an option for make the files available offline

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

787 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spotlight support on iOS 9

With the new Spotlight features in iOS 9, the contents of our OneDrive accounts can be potentially searched from the Spotlight search box. To do this, though, the OneDrive app should support Spotlight indexing of files stored in OneDrive.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring OS X OneDrive for Business out of Beta. Please!

Bring OSx OneDrive for business out of Beta.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Error in the tutorial

Dear,
    In https://dev.onedrive.com/sdk/javascript-picker-saver.htm page in the example Example of the pickerOptions object, there is an error.

1. pickerOptions var = {

2. success: function (files) {

3. // Handle returned file object (s)

4. alert ("You picked" + file.values [0] .FileName);
      5.},

In line 4 is the correct alert ("You picked" + fileS.values [0] .FileName);

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!!

Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!! After watching ignite conference, i am excited that by the end of September they're opening up the TAP program ( beta) and that all of our one drive for business issues will be resolved by the Q4 of 2015! woohoo!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. iOS date format incorrectly recognized on iOS app

iOS OneDrive app incorrectly parses dates from photos in Camera Upload. It currently assumes the date format always is MM/dd/yyyy, which is wrong in some countries.

For instance, 09/04/2015 is read as 4th of September in US, but should be read as 9th of April in Canada French (Quebec).

This leads to weird behavior, when as a result of date format used by regional settings of iOS, date is stored as dd/MM/yyyy, and day is > 12:

19/08/2015 (19th of August 2015) will be read as the 19th month after Jan 2015, that is 8th of July 2016 (see attached…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shorten Link should use HTTPS-based URLs

In this era of the secure web it is difficult to understand why the shorten link functional on OneDrive uses an HTTP-based URL. Wrap it before you use it with TLS/SSL!

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

967 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base