OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please make it enable to AUTOMATICALLY upload whatsapp images and camera360 photos, like in Google's Photos!

I must manually upload my whatsapp photos and camera 360 photos! y can't they just AUTOMATICALLY upload like for camera upload! please fix this! tq

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New API not able to access shared-to-me folders even after "Add to my OneDrive"

Users now can use "Add to my OneDrive" to add files / folders someone shared with them to their OneDrive. Those shared items then appear under OneDrive and can be synced to their PC by the offical desktop OneDrive client.

This is not reflected in the new OneDrive API. At least the list children method (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/list.htm) does not include the shared-to-me items in the json response.

It is a bug and will be fixed?

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing Group Files with External Users

We urgently need the ability to share folders or files that reside in Group Libraries with External Users. At the moment it is not permitted. Only folders or files within my personal OneDrive for Business library can be shared externally.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Universal App for Windows 10

There should be an universal app for Windows 10 on the Store, just like dropbox did. In Windows 8 we had the files and folders placeholders, which allow you to search and organize directly from file explorer, without that you've to either sync everything or go to outlook.com. Sync everything is not really helpful if you have to many files or limited space (like in a tablet), going to the website its just a drag... an App would cover those scenarios. Its about giving users options

1,256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix OneDrive sync "processing changes" problem with Windows 10

Installed Windows 10. Since then, I've had non-stop problems with OneDrive. I rely on OneDrive to a great extent. I've spent the past five days troubleshooting and almost fixed it by right clicking on the OneDrive folder, Properties, Security, Advanced, then checking "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" and clicking OK. However, whenever I reboot, I lose Permissions again and OneDrive stops syncing. Ex. After rebooting, if I click on a folder inside my OneDrive folder, I'll get a pop up saying "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks – we believe we fixed in this in a recent update (working around an ACL issue present in Windows). If you still run into problems, the best action to take is connect with our engineers via our support mechanism. You can click on the cog in the upper right on the website and choose Feedback→Report a problem. Thank you!

6. Allow for uninstall of OneDrive for Business in Office 365

For those of us with Office 365 business subscriptions, we would like the ability to NOT install the current OneDrive for Business Sync Client and we would like the ability to UNINSTALL the client as part of Office 365 setup. Stopping sync of folders and leaving the buggy program running is not an acceptable solution as one is only a click away from starting to sync with files on the web.

The sync problems include the possibility of incorrect sync by the client and subsequent loss of data so until Microsoft have fixed the sync problem allow us to uninstall…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Merge Onedrive Albums with Photos Albums

Windows' Photos app currently has completely separate albums than OneDrive's albums. The albums are create manually on the client side, do not sync with OneDrive on the web, and do not sync with other PCs. In the same vein, OneDrive's albums have to be manually created, and to the best of my knowledge do not sync to the Photos app.

This is something that should exemplify One Microsoft. There is no reason for these products to be this disconnected.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple file download - OneDrive for business

As with One Drive stand alone you have the ability to select and download multiple files at a time.

2,221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    300 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Downloading multiple files is now available for OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint. Please make sure you have the latest experiences turned on. Thanks, everyone!

9. re-enable move OneDrive folder to SD card (especially for low diskspace devices like HP Stream 7, 13, 14

re-enable the option to move OneDrive folder to a folder on an SD card (especially for low diskspace devices like HP Stream 7, 13, 14 or other Windows tablets).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneDrive for Business - Implement shared folder syncing to desktop client

We need the ability to sync folders that have been shared by another Onedrive for Business user with the desktop client. You just rolled this out for personal OneDrive, but it seems like it's more important for Onedrive for Business.

3,209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    311 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate betwe

Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate between them and your own folders)
    Or make an extra folder named "shared" where you can find every shared file (like in the OneDrive app)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Photos Downloading

It would be great if Onedrive IOS app can have this function of downloading multiple photos instead of download one photo at one time.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the Photo view to only show pictures from the Pictures folder. Like on the onedrive.live.com webpage

Allow the Photo view to only show pictures from the Pictures folder. Like on the onedrive.live.com webpage.
    Currently a lot of irrelevant files are shown in the Photo view. Like folder art from the music collection etc.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. respect metered connections in Windows 10

In Windows 8.1, OneDrive would detect whether the internet connection was a metered (data-capped) connection or not and would automatically pause syncing until it was connected to a non-metered network. This functionality seems to have been removed in Windows 10. Please bring it back.

2,268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    229 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Speed up Sync of Mac OS X Client

The Mac client spends "years" analyzing files just to upload 10GB... took over a week to upload 5GB..

This needs to be urgently fixed, the Mac OS X client as a whole..

I have an upload speed of 154.21Mbps, so this should be faster. I totally agree with the user comment in the AppStore.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable access to SharePoint libraries through iOS OneDrive App

I would like to be able to also access SharePoint libraries through the iOS OneDrive App.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive Files On-Demand

Allow an online sync only for OneDrive, like Windows 8.1 file explorer did.
    Most of PC don't have enough storage to keep files on HDD.
    That will really improve productivity !

26,089 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1207 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m proud to announce that OneDrive Files On-Demand is now rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (https://twitter.com/onedrive/status/920288442965164033). Whether you use a personal OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint Online, you can now browse all your files without filling up your disk and take advantage of the rich features of File Explorer. Read more about how you can start using OneDrive Files On-Demand & skip ahead if it hasn’t been rolled out to you yet (https://t.co/YFxsqB3JNb). Learn more about deploying Files On-Demand in your organization (https://t.co/zjAQJnbQlo). Thanks to all of you for the emphatic support, and a special thanks to our incredible self-hosters in the Windows Insider Program!

19. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improvement to PIN function that appears at launch of the app

Following things can be improved in implementation of pass code that protects the app from unauthorised usage:

1. When I go to home screen and pass code is on, the last screen I was in should be replaced by keypad for privacy.

2. The keypad hangs sometimes when entering the code and the app takes time to open and display the keypad. Please make it fast and smooth and such that the keypad doesn't hang.

You might wanna look into authy's (an app in AppStore) implementation of pass code to improve onedrive's.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base