OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Java SDK

Hi OneDrive community,

in a lecture/lab that I gave this summer at TU Berlin in Germany, three students of mine had the task to implement a OneDrive Java SDK. They did a great job. Let us know what you think: https://github.com/tawalaya/OneDriveJavaSDK

With best regards,

Markus

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boom! it's done  ·  5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select all

Select all (pictures or videos ect.)

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. You can now press-and-hold on an item and drag to select large numbers of files. Check it out!

3. include option select all folders or files

include option select all folders or files, for move or delete.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can select all files by clicking “ctrl-a” and then you can take whatever action you’d like. Pro-tip a shortcut for seeing all of the shortcuts is to type a “?” to bring up the shortcuts dialog. Hope that helps!

4. Add background playback support for music in onedrive app or Just play in default music player.

Music must keep playing in background while screen is locked or app is in background. Currently you can't do so.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TouchID Access

It is possible to enter a pin code access key, but not to use the touchid sensor of the iPhone or iPad.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back static URLs for image files. Currently they change every day.

Prior to the month of May, images files stored on OneDrive had static URLs. "View Original" displayed the image using a static, unchanging URL. You could use it to link images to blogs, forums, web-pages, etc.

Since May, posted images no longer get a static URL; it changes at least once a day. It is no longer possible to link an image to a blog because the link is only valid for less than 24 hours. OneDrive is no longer a viable cloud-service provider for image files.

See: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odshare/url-of-files-on-onedrive-changing/91770f99-d819-49f2-a69a-7ed53be8f7f2

774 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try out the new embed experience for photos. You’ll see an “embed” option in the command bar with options for getting the right image size for your site. Let us know what you think!

7. Allow OneDrive for Business to synchronise with SharePoint document libraries other than your own private doc library

OneDrive for Business on Android (and probably iOS too) will synchronise with your own private document library hosted on SharePoint, however it does not provide the ability to synchronise with other SharePoint document libraries. If you are looking to do away with a server for small business and use Office365 (ideally SharePoint) then you must be able to provide this capability for Android tablets. It works for Windows based tablets/laptops but not Android (and probably iOS).

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please allow files available offline. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. saving to device outside OneDrive is

Please allow files to be available offline for Android. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. The current feature of saving a file to the device outside OneDrive is useful, but it's not the same as keeping the file within OneDrive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Locate documents, pictures, music, video, desktop, downloads, contacts, favorites, etc user folders within user's OneDrive folder by default

Although OneDrive is automatically set up on a new Windows computer, the majority of the user’s personal files are currently saved to locations that are not backed up, e.g.

C:\Users[username]\Documents
    C:\Users[username]\Pictures
    C:\Users[username]\Music
    C:\Users[username]\Videos
    C:\Users[username]\Desktop
    C:\Users[username]\Downloads
    C:\Users[username]\Contacts
    C:\Users[username]\Favorites
    …etc.

One possible workaround currently is to:

1) Create duplicate folders in OneDrive called Documents, Videos, Desktop, Downloads, Contacts, Favorites, etc. These will look like regular empty folders without any special thumbnail designation.

2) Go find your “default” user folders (the ones with thumbnails and files inside) in C:\Users[username]

3) Right click these “default” user folders and choose “Properties” > “Location” > “Move”

1,328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. It’s now possible to set your default Documents and Pictures folders to use OneDrive. Check the new settings by right-clicking on the cloud icon.

11. OneDrive Support for D750 NEF files

There is now support for viewing RAW (NEF) files from Nikon D750 (NEF files from other Nikon DSLRs works fine).

492 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support expiration of sharing links

Add the possibility to improve the link sharing of files.

nice to have:
    2. an expiration date on shared links (expires in ... days, expire date

reference to
    http://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/7292073-file-sharing-link-options-expire-date-password

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync to removable storage.

Most of the tablets on the market today use an internal SD card for additional storage which disk management sees as removable storage.
    It would be desirable to sync to this additional storage.
    I find it particularly interesting that I am able to use the removable storage drive with my personal OneDrive? Properties – > Location – > Move

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support the Yosemite Dark theme in OneDrive for business

It looks like the consumer version has been updated but the Business version still disappears when dark mode is in place.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve API by extending the createLink method to get embedded links for files

The new OneDrive API doesn't allow the creation of embedded link via the action.createLink method (which is available via the Live SDK).
    View or Edit links cannot be used in iFrames as the 'X-Frame-Options' header is set to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Therefore, please extend the the createLink method to get embedded links via the API which can be used to insert an interactive view of the corresponding file into a web page.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow photo searching by the location the photo was taken

Most times, I can't recall when the exact date I took a picture was and when you amass a lifetime of photos, you often spend a lot of time trying to pair down when a photo was taken to find it. It would be convenient to just type in the city or place that a photo was taken into the search bar and just have the coordinates on the photo resolve out the results. In addition I would LOVE to be able to see my photos represented on a map so that I can see at a glance all the…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this – please take a look and also check out the new “places” view in the Photos experience on the web.

17. Increase the size of individual files to be uploaded on OneDrive for Business. At least 10GB like OneDrive Personal Does.

We upload a lot of video and graphics files and need to make sure that we can upload larger files to keep things in tact. One Drive Personal allows for up to 10 GB, and OneDrive for Business only allows up to 2GB creating problems for us.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. View folders shared with in my OneDrive PC Sync Client

I am person A, and person B had shared a folder with me, I want to be able to view it in my 'OneDrive' folder in my PC.
    Currently, it is only possible to access it by clicking on 'Shared with me' tab in the OneDrive Web Interface.

Without this feature, I found users in our organization feeling confused using OneDrive as they need it mainly for sharing.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PDF preview and "open in" option

You should add the "preview" mode while opening an heavy PDF in order to let users open and read the PDFs without waiting long long time while the app downloads the entire file size. As a former user of Box.com, it was a very useful tool and I think it could improve the app rating.

Furthermore, you should fix the problem with "open in" option either from Mail app and from all the other apps. When you try to open a file from a Mail attach into OneDrive, the file is not uploaded. The app just opens and does nothing.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder…

1,914 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    217 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base