OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just make it look nicer.

Far to blocky. Needs nicer design

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier

Cant easily tell which one drive account signed in to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Annoying bugs in Microsoft products

At the outset I regret to inform that the recent Microsoft products , let it be Windows OS, Office 365 , Skype and many other tools which I use for my daily work is full of BUGS. MS software has pathetic quality now a days. I will have to write a book instead of this post to list the MS bugs which I notice in my day to day work.

The latest one being synchronisation bugs in the much hyped OneDrive. My taskbar status icon tells me that "All files are in sync". However, when I open the sync folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Best & Affordable Nitrous Oxide Kits for Sale

We offer affordable Nitrous Oxide systems & Kits that are a great way to add horsepower quickly to stay ahead of your competition! We at RB Innovations offer a variety of kits and installations to modify your install and system to your wants and needs. Visit https://rbinnovations.com/pages/nitrous-oxide-systems

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shuffle photo slideshow

Add option to shuffle the photo slideshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DO not display duplicate names in search on OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期フォルダー内のアイテムを共有する際の動作について

DO not display duplicate names in search on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    同期フォルダー内のアイテムを共有する際に、以下の操作で共有相手のユーザー名を入力すると、正常に入力されず共有が行えないので、改善してほしい。
    1. 同期フォルダー内アイテムを右クリックして共有
    2. かな入力にて検索欄に共有相手のユーザー名のエイリアスを入力
    3. Tab キーを押して変換候補から半角英語のエイリアスを選択 (Enter キーは押さない)
    4. 検索欄に半角英語のエイリアスが自動で二重に入力されてしまう

We get syncing error entering users name as we follow the steps shown below who share the items in the shared folder with.

a) Right click and share the items in sync folder
    b) Enter Kana (Japanese characters) alias in the search
    c) Click tab key and pick English alias shown (we still have not click Enter key yet)
    d) Automatically selected alias is brought up in search, AND, what shows…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. turn off syncing of specific folders - allow cloaking of local folder

I would like to be able to choose local folders within my onedrive folder to ignore sync. this way these directories will not need to be uploaded to my cloud stroage

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Upload and Download Speed

Previously it use to display the current up/download speed however you have taken it out. Please bring it back. Its hard to tell if the app has stalled when uploading large files. Current speed and also ETA would make it much easier to monitor performance and judge completion time.
    (Using Mac OSX)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. upload order

When uploading a bulky folder with multiple sub-folders, the uploading order algorithm seems to be a bit random at times and often hard to follow. Most of the time after scanning all the files, it creates all the folders in the tree and then seems to upload the files in layer 1 then layer 2 etc (folder 1.1, 2.1, 3.1 then 1.2, 2.2, 3.2). However, this is not always in order (eg 5, 4, 2, 1, 3; and often chops and changes between folders by doing half of 1 then all of 2 then back to the other half of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limit Concurrent Uploads

The ability to set a limit on the number of concurrent uploads would make uploading larger files so much easier and so so so less painful. With your abysmally slow upload speeds (taken 4 hours to upload 1gb) and constant crashing of the app (Mac OSX keeps signing out/disconnecting from the server if left unattended and/or I try use my computer for other things while its uploading in the background) I have had so many hash fails which is a waste of bandwidth and time.

Instead of having 6-7 files getting to 90% and then the app crashes, I could…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 在云盘上播放视频的时候不能全屏

希望能改进下,播放时不能全屏

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期時に、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、エクスプローラー上で PDF ファイルのサムネイルの半分が表示されない。

Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の同期を行っている際、ファイル オンデマンド機能が無効の場合には、PDF のサムネイルが正しく表示されるが、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、有効にしたタイミングで、サムネイル画像がクロップ(サムネイル画像の半分より上のみ表示) される。
    すべての端末で確認しており、本件については正しくサムネイルが表示されるように修正をお願いします。

While synching OneDrive for Business, the PDF thumbnails are displayed correctly when the Files On-Demand feature is turned off.
    However, there is a problem that the PDF thumbnails will be cropped (which means it displays only upper half of thumbnails) if the Files On-Demand was turned on. This behavior is confirmed on all devices.

Therefore, we hope this behavior will be corrected to display the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the ability to specify the URL of Library to sync when performing sync in New sync client (OneDrive.exe)

■Title(件名):
    新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) にて、同期するライブラリの URL を指定して同期できる機能を提供してほしい

Provide the ability to specify the URL of Library to sync when performing sync in New sync client (OneDrive.exe)

■Description(内容):
    ブラウザー上の [同期] ボタンを非表示にした状態でも、同期するライブラリの URL を指定して同期できる機能を提供してほしい。

We hope the feature will be provided to be able to specify the URL of Library to be synchronized even when [Sync] button is hidden from the browser.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the feature to restrict accessing OneDrive for Business from the external IP address by user basis

■Title(件名):
    各ユーザー毎に OneDrive for Business の IP アドレス制限をする機能を追加して欲しい。

Provide the feature to restrict accessing OneDrive for Business from the external IP address by user basis

■Description(内容):
    運用として、社外ネットワークからアクセスできないように制限をしている。
    一部のユーザーのみモバイル端末から社外のネットワークでアクセスする必要がある状態です。
    Microsoft Intune 、 EMS を使用することにより実現可能であることは確認できているが、すべてのユーザーに対してライセンスを割り当てる必要がある。
    一部のユーザーのみアクセスを許可するだけで、全ユーザーにライセンスを割り当てるにはコスト パフォーマンスが悪いと感じます。
    標準機能でも 各ユーザー毎に OneDrive for Business の IP アドレス制限をする機能を追加して欲しい。

As a current operation, we restrict users to access their OneDrive for Business from the external network. However, some users need to access their OneDrive for Business from their mobile devices via the external network.
    Although we can set the restriction above by using Microsoft Intune and EMS, it costs us a lot because…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable editing in Excel Online on Forms

■Title(件名):
    Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューがグレーアウトする

Enable editing [Forms] link in Excel Online

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel用Form] を作成すると、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューがグレーアウトします。
    ※ Google Chrome では グレーアウト、Internet Explorer ではリンクをクリックするとエラーの画面となります。
    なお、OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel ブック] を作成し、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] から フォーム を作った場合は Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューが利用可能となります。
    OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel用Form] を作成した場合においても、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューから編集可能となるように動作変更を希望します。

Every time users go [New] – [Forms for Excel] on OneDrive for Business, [Forms] link is greyed out in Excel Online.
    Note : Link get greyed out in Google Chrome, and we get error in…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ideia

Que as fotos fiquem com qualidade mesmo sem a pessoa estar sem Internet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I recently signed into my onedrive account after a long time and my files aren't there. How do I fix this??

Can there be some kind of fee to pay in order to get back your files from a deleted account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base