OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share links

Hi, I have two shared Onedrive links on my website and it would be really great if they can open directly into your app instead of on a html webpage, and you could save the link in your app so you can easily assess it directly.

Also a online mp3 for streaming and video would be awesome, it's annoying use different online storage facilities - would be nice if you could inbed a Onedrive gidion or mp3 player on your website

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. re-enable move OneDrive folder to SD card (especially for low diskspace devices like HP Stream 7, 13, 14

re-enable the option to move OneDrive folder to a folder on an SD card (especially for low diskspace devices like HP Stream 7, 13, 14 or other Windows tablets).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make OneDrive for Business less quirky and more intuitive

OneDrive for consumers is great. It just works and its intuitive to use. OneDrive for business is full of syncing errors and a fragmented interface (why does Microsoft Upload Center work like a separate program?). OneDrive for Business needs to JUST WORK like the consumer version. At my non-profit workplace, users are always having sync errors and other issues, and when I look online, this is common for others as well. It's too limited and confusing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Making user-individual external sharing settings in OneDrive for Business

I would want for you to make it possible to externally share contents on an individual user level when external sharing is disabled on the tenant level in OneDrive for Business.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Eugene Lin responded

OneDrive and SharePoint already support enabling external sharing for a subset of users in an Office 365 organization.

5. Icons overlay and other visual help needed

Since windows 8.1, we lost the icons overlay. Icons can give a lot of informations very quickly:
    - what is offline and online
    - what is synced or not
    - what is downloading or not
    - all other informations needed

I know this has to do with Windows limitations but hey, you're working for the same company. Icons overlay are still as ugly as in Windows XP. We need some transparency, shades, a clear loader on the files, etc.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View folders shared with in my OneDrive PC Sync Client

I am person A, and person B had shared a folder with me, I want to be able to view it in my 'OneDrive' folder in my PC.
    Currently, it is only possible to access it by clicking on 'Shared with me' tab in the OneDrive Web Interface.

Without this feature, I found users in our organization feeling confused using OneDrive as they need it mainly for sharing.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to sort photos/videos by date taken

Add option to sort files by date taken in addition to the current sort options (i.e. date created, date modified, etc.)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Date created in OneDrive is Date taken for a photo. We just don’t have a separate Date taken sort field. Our default is that we sort by Date taken (which we call Date create)

8. Please allow files available offline. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. saving to device outside OneDrive is

Please allow files to be available offline for Android. At the very least make them viewable, at best make them editable. The current feature of saving a file to the device outside OneDrive is useful, but it's not the same as keeping the file within OneDrive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add 1 tb storage option to OneDrive In addition to office 365

There should be an option to purchase additional storage on onedrive. I have a office 365 account and would like the option to purchase 500gb or 1tb for a fee per month, just like on onedrive for business

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Thank you for the suggestion, Louis! We are happy to let you know that Office 365 (starting at $6.95 per month in the US) will soon feature unlimited storage.

You can read the announcement here:
    http://blogs.office.com/2014/10/27/onedrive-now-unlimited-storage-office-365-subscribers/

And if you are on Office 365 subscriber, you can sign up to be among the first to get an increase in storage space here:
    preview.onedrive.com

Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks.

11. please make it enable to AUTOMATICALLY upload whatsapp images and camera360 photos, like in Google's Photos!

I must manually upload my whatsapp photos and camera 360 photos! y can't they just AUTOMATICALLY upload like for camera upload! please fix this! tq

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow sign out from Windows Phone app

I had put a lot of documents onto OneDrive, THEN I realized I could not sign out from my phone thus leaving myself vulnerable as all the info in the OneDrive would be accessible to anyone should I lose or have my phone stolen.
    It's just not good enough that I have to block this info via another device. Me, carry on with DropBox.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharing limitation

I am using One Drive for business. Well when you are doing business you need to share files with people outside your business as well. One drive for business do not allow this! When i share a file, the other person has to sign in in order to download the file. Please make sharing to everyone available for the business version.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  Eugene Lin responded

OneDrive for Business supports sharing files and folders via links that work for “Anyone with the link.” These links do not require the recipient to sign in.

14. Improve sync/upload/download speeds using the desktop client

I don't know what's the reason, but the integrated onedrive syncing in Windows 8.1 is terribly slow for me. For both uploading and downloading files, on multiples devices and on many different networks.

It feels like it's an issue with the desktop syncing, because through the web app I get way higher speeds.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    174 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Yesterday we announced increased Sync client performance https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive-now-supports-10-gb-files/

“As part of our push to continue improving the OneDrive desktop experience, we’ve increased the number of files that can be downloaded or uploaded at a given time on PCs and Macs. In internal tests, this parallel syncing netted an approximately threefold increase in syncing speed. Our performance enhancements have begun rolling out and will be available worldwide in the coming weeks.”

I’ll flag this as completed but performance updates (similar to security are never really completed, they are always being worked on. Let me know if yo uwant this reopened.

15. Provide options for viewing filenames that are long on a small screen

I have quite a few documents with similar names. The difference is at the end of the name.

The view given in onedrive is insufficient to differentiate between these, regardless whether the phone is in portrait or landscape mode. This makes it very difficult to identify the correct file.

Can you please provide an additional view that will show long file names?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We want the ability to download the videos to the camera roll on iPhone

Me and my group we used to use one drive all the time when We can save Xbox videos to iPhone camera roll on iPhone, also when I edit my videos on computer I can drop them on one drive and save them to my iPhone.

After the ability was gone, the one drive is useless for many people.

Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate betwe

Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate between them and your own folders)
    Or make an extra folder named "shared" where you can find every shared file (like in the OneDrive app)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync to removable storage.

Most of the tablets on the market today use an internal SD card for additional storage which disk management sees as removable storage.
    It would be desirable to sync to this additional storage.
    I find it particularly interesting that I am able to use the removable storage drive with my personal OneDrive? Properties – > Location – > Move

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support the Yosemite Dark theme in OneDrive for business

It looks like the consumer version has been updated but the Business version still disappears when dark mode is in place.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Being able to use all the smart imaging from Lumia phones on OneDrive

Nokia Imaging made a lot of smart captures Imaging features that are currently as far as I understand only accessible on the phone. The specific format remains on the phone, and only the .JPG gets on OneDrive (maybe the raws also). It would be great if those get on OneDrive and can be looked at and used in OneDrive

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

We don’t have the viewers in OneDrive, but we now upload the full Nokia Living Image package, so an app like Photos can playback the living image

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base