OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Skydrive.exe perpetual crash/restart Windows 8.1 issue

Pick a link, any link: http://www.bing.com/search?q=skydrive.exe+crashing+%22windows+8.1%22&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE11SR

I'm seeing this issue on multiple Win 8.1 boxes. No idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I ran the troubleshooter today and it's still running after nearly an hour. Leaving it overnight.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

We need more details on this one, once can get in touch with us we can take it from there. This could be more than one issue.

2. One Drive Sync from an external drive without PC

I am using Microsoft surface Pro 3, but due to limited storage on the Tablet, I use an external drive (external hard disk) to store all my files and as daily hard disk.

Right now there is no way to do a sync OneDrive with an External Drive. It would very helpful, if I can sync my external Hard Disk with One Drive, without going though my Surface Pro 3.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WP show shared with me in Onedrive for business

The new Windows Phone Onedrive app brought integration with Onedrive for business. Greatly appreciated!
    It allows easy acces to my files, but unfortunately not yet to the files my colleagues have shared with me.
    I would love to see this option as this is the core function for Onedrive in a business environment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CORS support for download

Please support CORS access for downloads. Single Page apps need to be signed in constantly and should be able to use refresh tokens AND be able to download. Currently it is diffcult to build a serious HTML5/SPA for OneDrive.
    Every other storage provider supports CORS with refresh-token access

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We now support proper CORS headers for download requests in a single-page app. For compatibility with Safari, instead of using the /content URL though, you need to retrieve the downloadUrl property and then request it directly.

5. Suggestion - Touch ID

Touch ID option in iOS, in addition to passcode, would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the size of individual files to be uploaded on OneDrive for Business. At least 10GB like OneDrive Personal Does.

We upload a lot of video and graphics files and need to make sure that we can upload larger files to keep things in tact. One Drive Personal allows for up to 10 GB, and OneDrive for Business only allows up to 2GB creating problems for us.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add background playback support for music in onedrive app or Just play in default music player.

Music must keep playing in background while screen is locked or app is in background. Currently you can't do so.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow interacting with folders by name, implicit creation

As a way to help developers reduce the API requests you just so love to throttle, it'd be great if you allow us to create multiple folders at once and reference them by name, not ID.

For example, if I want to create 'My Photos/Pictures/Family/2014/01/24/my cat.jpg', I have to do a lookup for 'My Photos' to grab the ID, then I have to create the Pictures folder, then Family etc. etc.

In total, creating a file in such a position requires a substantial number of requests where it shouldn't.

This should really be possible with a single POST/PUT request.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Online music player (like on Windows Phone).

Please add the ability to play music files stored online, like we can already with with video-files.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix OneDrive sync "processing changes" problem with Windows 10

Installed Windows 10. Since then, I've had non-stop problems with OneDrive. I rely on OneDrive to a great extent. I've spent the past five days troubleshooting and almost fixed it by right clicking on the OneDrive folder, Properties, Security, Advanced, then checking "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" and clicking OK. However, whenever I reboot, I lose Permissions again and OneDrive stops syncing. Ex. After rebooting, if I click on a folder inside my OneDrive folder, I'll get a pop up saying "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks – we believe we fixed in this in a recent update (working around an ACL issue present in Windows). If you still run into problems, the best action to take is connect with our engineers via our support mechanism. You can click on the cog in the upper right on the website and choose Feedback→Report a problem. Thank you!

11. When is the "Next Generation Sync Client" for OneDrive for Business being released for Windows 8.1?

When is the "Next Generation Sync Client" for OneDrive for Business being released for Windows 8.1

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ad the option to justify the text

Many students like me uses the OneNote app to take notes of classes. But it doesn't have the option for justify the text, so it's a con in comparison to other apps like pages o google drive.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove the limit on the number of search results in the API

Right now there's a 500 item cap on search results. That sucks. Please return however many results match the search.

cf https://github.com/liveservices/LiveSDK-for-Windows/issues/17

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

The new OneDrive API doesn’t have a cap on search results. You can see all the search results for a given query.

14. Make it so my one drive is actually protected!

I recently lost 3 years of work docs. I use my one drive for everything. and recently my laptop got ransomware. within minutes every file on my one drive had been encrypted. As a result ever device I have synced with it lost those files. My suggestion is to create a protection that would recognize when every file is being encrypted and stop it. or at least warn the party before it allows it to sync on other devices. You advertise that my files are protected, It seems thought that protecting them from this sort of situation would be most…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offline

There should be a feature on the app where you mark a file to be saved for offline view.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Speed up Sync of Mac OS X Client

The Mac client spends "years" analyzing files just to upload 10GB... took over a week to upload 5GB..

This needs to be urgently fixed, the Mac OS X client as a whole..

I have an upload speed of 154.21Mbps, so this should be faster. I totally agree with the user comment in the AppStore.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow APIs more than 200Mb transfer

As far as I can understand from what I've read on multiple sources (namely on Otixo.com and on Sinology's description of their Cloud Sync function for OneDrive), their solutions can not upload files more 200Mb to OneDrive due to limitations in its APIs.
    At this point in time, with the importance of cloud storage and the obvious need to make moving files from one place to another at will, this limitation is ludicrous and frankly hard to understand. Dropbox and Google Drive don't seem to be handicapped like OneDrive is, and Hubic has a much larger limit of 5Gb.
    Please…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add all audio metadata to the API

Right now, OneDrive.com shows much more audio metadata than is available via the OneDrive SDK. Please remove this sad limitation for developers.

cf. https://github.com/liveservices/LiveSDK-for-Windows/issues/12

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. improve performance to watch videos uploaded to onedrive. Features like buffering need to be performed at onedrive ASAP

I love the automatic sync of my videos from Windows Phone to onedrive, but when I try to watch those videos from onedrive.com or via onedrive windows 8 app, the performance to watch video is terrible. There is no buffering for video. It is almost unusable this functionality nowadays.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base