OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline access on Windows Phone

I keep a lot of documents on OneDrive and on Windows i can select what to sync and to keep available offline. I would like to be able to do the same on Windows Phone so the documents/folders i care about would be available offline. Simple thing, but i dont see it available right now. Seems to be core part of the functionality on Windows app?

1,656 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    43 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please check out the latest update to Windows Phone – we shipped offline files in October. Look for the parachute icon!

2. Offline folder support on iOS

Since OneDrive now support offline file in iOS, I hope OneDrive team can implement selecting folders for offline as well. I would be much easier to have this option instead of one my one selecting each files in the folder. Do hope OneDrive will implement this. Thank you

1,619 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    114 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow files of any size to be uploaded and synced

As much as I appreciate the hard work of the Onedrive team for removing the 2GB file size limit and pushing the limit to 10GB, I was really hoping for an unlimited file size when syncing from the desktop or other localized app. I might be an edge case, but I use a competitor to sync VHD's (Virtual Hard Drives) that I use for various purposes and those are far larger than 10GB.

1,541 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. iOS 11 Files Integration

Integration with iOS 11 Files is very poor. OneDrive appears as a rudimentary pop-up within Files instead of being integrated the way iCloud Drive is. Please make OneDrive behave exactly like iCloud Drive does within the Files app.

1,418 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    99 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Locate documents, pictures, music, video, desktop, downloads, contacts, favorites, etc user folders within user's OneDrive folder by default

Although OneDrive is automatically set up on a new Windows computer, the majority of the user’s personal files are currently saved to locations that are not backed up, e.g.

C:\Users[username]\Documents
    C:\Users[username]\Pictures
    C:\Users[username]\Music
    C:\Users[username]\Videos
    C:\Users[username]\Desktop
    C:\Users[username]\Downloads
    C:\Users[username]\Contacts
    C:\Users[username]\Favorites
    …etc.

One possible workaround currently is to:

1) Create duplicate folders in OneDrive called Documents, Videos, Desktop, Downloads, Contacts, Favorites, etc. These will look like regular empty folders without any special thumbnail designation.

2) Go find your “default” user folders (the ones with thumbnails and files inside) in C:\Users[username]

3) Right click these “default” user folders and choose “Properties” > “Location” > “Move”

1,328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. It’s now possible to set your default Documents and Pictures folders to use OneDrive. Check the new settings by right-clicking on the cloud icon.

6. 1,314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    182 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Universal App for Windows 10

There should be an universal app for Windows 10 on the Store, just like dropbox did. In Windows 8 we had the files and folders placeholders, which allow you to search and organize directly from file explorer, without that you've to either sync everything or go to outlook.com. Sync everything is not really helpful if you have to many files or limited space (like in a tablet), going to the website its just a drag... an App would cover those scenarios. Its about giving users options

1,256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offline access on iOS

I would like to be able to view my most important documents offline on my iPhone/iPad, so doesn't have to download it every time from OneDrive App.

1,231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    100 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. create anonymous guest links on the folder just like files in OD4B

For files you can create anonymous guest links on the file and set it to be view/edit and require sign-in or not but you can't for a folder.

In the consumer version of OneDrive you can do this on folders. Please make this available in OD4B. This is a huge missing feature that may cause us to go back to Dropbox.

1,046 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. You can now create anonymous links to folders in OneDrive and SharePoint. Admins can also control whether anonymous links are available to users within the tenant.

10. Revert the pivot menu UI for WP

The WP update v4.4 (27/10/14) has brought with it a new UI and menu system that is totally at odds with the Metro design language. The Android-style menu goes completely against the grain of the simple, elegant and clean pivot menu that it replaced. Please revert it back.

The addition of the big blue bar across the top is distracting. The mini icons, hamburger and oddly placed search have together created a less fluid design, that lacks cohesion. Please bring back the proper pivot menu.

976 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Our new update is live in the Windows Phone Store. Hope you all think this is an improvement. Thanks for the feedback and pushing us to ensure the design meets your expectations. If you have feedback feel free to use the new in app feedback in the more menu (…)

11. Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

967 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneDrive Activity Log

Just as it's implemented in Google Drive - would like to be able to view an activity feed which shows
    - Recent file updates
    - Recent items shared by/with you
    - Recent creation/deletion of Folders
    etc.

946 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We recently began rolling out our new activity center which shows the files that are sync’ing, have recently sync’d, and more. There’s more to do so please create individual requests for features you’d like to see in upcoming releases.

13. Remove (Hide) Files from "Shared with Me" view

Allow removing/hiding files and folders from the OneDrive for Business "Shared with Me" view.

Some shared files and folders are unwanted or obsolete , so it should be possible to remove/hide those.

871 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    163 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow OneDrive to sync to removable media on Windows

I store many files on OneDrive so I can access them on multiple devices. Many slates/tablets don't have a lot of storage, but do allow for SD cards. Syncing to an SD card would allow me more storage to have files available off line.

I'd want this option even if it required the SD card could no longer be removed (I don't take it out as it is), or if OneDrive became "unavailable" if the card was removed.

850 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    107 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SYNC SPEED IMPROVEMENT - Desktop Sync Speed Makes Syncing Impractical

There have been several posts here before marked as "Boom It's Done" or referred to support. HOWEVER -- this is not a support issue, and I suggest you treat it as a serious problem with the product.

I have 1.45Mbps download speed (tested on speedtest.net) and it has taken more than a week to sync 2.4GiB of my files. According to a download speed calculator, this should take only ~ 4 hours. I have set my computer not to sleep to make sure the synchronization happens.

Please see some of the older posts that have been closed -- this is…

811 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    86 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

We are always working on improving performance but we are really excited to share that we just turned on a major performance improvement in sync upload. The upload improvements apply to sync if you are running OneDrive on Windows 10, Windows 7, or Mac.

16. When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

When OneDrive for business working with Os X El Capitan?

787 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back static URLs for image files. Currently they change every day.

Prior to the month of May, images files stored on OneDrive had static URLs. "View Original" displayed the image using a static, unchanging URL. You could use it to link images to blogs, forums, web-pages, etc.

Since May, posted images no longer get a static URL; it changes at least once a day. It is no longer possible to link an image to a blog because the link is only valid for less than 24 hours. OneDrive is no longer a viable cloud-service provider for image files.

See: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odshare/url-of-files-on-onedrive-changing/91770f99-d819-49f2-a69a-7ed53be8f7f2

774 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try out the new embed experience for photos. You’ll see an “embed” option in the command bar with options for getting the right image size for your site. Let us know what you think!

18. show the progress of the syncing more extensively and be able to change the sequence of files to sync next.

Syncing doesn't show details of what is to be synced and also (therefore?) doesn's allow you to change the sequence of the files to be synced. When a large (video) is in the queue you can wait a long time.

749 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We recently began rolling out our new activity center which shows the files that are sync’ing, have recently sync’d, and more. There’s more to do so please create individual requests for features you’d like to see in upcoming releases.

19. Enable music streaming

I want to use One drive for my music files. Create a platform for music streaming from One drive.

688 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offline access on Android

I would like to keep some files of my choice cached on my devices.

671 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base