OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update OneDrive for Business File Size limit to 10GB to match personal/consumer accounts.

The consumer/personal OneDrive has a file size limit of 10GB, and has since September 2014.

OneDrive for Business should take precedence over the personal/consumer line and should have this feature already. It makes it extremely difficult to convince users to migrate to OneDrive when such limitations are in place.

247 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the landscape view for pdfs in iOS iPad

After the last update the landscape form of reading the pdfs books in Ipad is really bad. Now we have two pages in the same screen, not just one as was in the past. Is there any function that returns to the old display format? You can see the problem in the photo attached. I’ve alredy tried the Forum help and they send me here. Please, fix this bug because I work with pdfs in iPad.

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. File encryption at rest.

Allow files to be encrypted at rest like OneDrive for Business. The user should hold the key for the encryption.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve live tile

Live tiles are the heart of Windows Phone. And OneDrive's Live Tile is so.... dead.

The tile should be alive and more integrated. My suggestions:
    * Make it transparent (match the phone's theme);
    * Show something (pick one, more than one or add one).
    A photo in my camera roll;
    Let me configure a set of folders and alternate photos in them;
    ** Show some sort of "quick status" (something like "1 file updated" and "2 new folders");

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Live tile will show latest uploaded photos and preview thumbnail of recently edited/uploaded documents.

5. OneDrive For Business Context Menu Sharing / Copy Link

As already several times mentioned we (the customers) need the ability to share / copy a link to a folder or file within the context menu (right click on the folder or file).

This is an attempt to summarize the others ideas and get this idea upvoted, so Microsoft actually implements our wish.

Also mentioned in this idea: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/11356212-give-us-onedrive-for-business-context-menu-options we are in desperate need of this and with this idea "splitted up" for only sharing / copy link.

Below and idea of the context menu from myself / Implementation in the ribbon of Windows Explorer also good idea:

240 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently completed the rollout of the new sharing experience on Windows and Mac. Please make sure you’re running the OneDrive sync client and then open the context menu on a file or folder in OneDrive. You’ll see a new Share command there!

6. Make it possible to choose folders to sync in the photos backup feature for Android

There should be a way of choosing what photo folder will or will not be synced by the Photos Backup OneDrive feature. All my screenshots are being synced even though they are in a separate folder from the actual camera folder, and all my photos taken using third-party apps that are saved in other locations are not being synced at all.

236 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make photos a priority

i know onedrive is posed as a storage only solution
    but it would be really cool to take google's and dropbox approach and make photos a priority

by either a seperate app (that use's the same onedrive account) or an update to the exciting, features like auto face recognition, auto enhance, video transcoding (for mobile viewing), full tags support and most importantly a native way to browse through the faces/albums/tags/dates/locations/memories

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Organize photos based on the location and date/time

Provide on the Onedrive the option to organize the photos and videos based on the location and date/time, similar to the Lumia Storyteller app.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. We just rolled this out today. Please take a look — hit photos and then check out the places tab.

9. Bring OS X OneDrive for Business out of Beta. Please!

Bring OSx OneDrive for business out of Beta.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an Upload to OneDrive option in the Share dialog on iOS

To upload attachments from the native iOS mail client, I would love to just have a Share option that allo s uploading, and then allows me to select the folder I want to upload to.

I see a 'open in OneDrive' after the update today containing Storage extensions. But not an Upload.

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple personal accounts on Windows Phone

It is a must feature since we may have multiple accounts on onedrive and even google drive support multiple account login in android phones. Please add this feature.

209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  31 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Onedrive scan multiple pages

So why can you scan multiple pages with office lens but not with the new scan feature in onedrive? And vise versa regarding renaming the file.

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add "Shared" / "Shared with Me" view to the modern app

I mean, even the Windows Phone app has this.

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OneDrive Capture Tool and Quick Share Features

OneDrive Capture(Snipping) Tool
    - Similar to Snipping Tool, Snaggit, OneNote, Puush, Gyazo except automatically uploads image to a special folder on OneDrive similar to how phone pictures go to "Camera Roll", these pictures would go into a "Screenshots" folder.
    - Different keyboard shortcuts for full screen screenshot, focused window screenshot, select your area screenshot
    - Depending on the key combination, say if you hold shift during the key combination, it will determine whether a dialog will pop up asking what you want to do. For example Ctrl + 4 would give you a select-area screenshot and AUTOMATICALLY save the OneDrive…

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re starting to roll out our new screenshot feature. We have a dedicated screenshots folder and you can easily sync them across all your devices. The rollout will happen with updates to the sync client and we’ll ramp it up to 100% over the next couple of weeks.

Take a look at the announcement in the link below and keep the suggestions coming!

https://blog.onedrive.com/introducing-an-all-new-way-to-view-manage-and-share-your-photos-in-onedrive/

16. Allow guest folder access for non-Microsoft accounts

I would like to be able to share access to a folder so a guest (non-Microsoft account) user can access all the files within that folder.

Similar to the way Dropbox allows guest folder/file access mentioned below. They also provide password or timed access to guests with Dropbox Pro/Business.

REF: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/20
    Q. Can I share files with non-Dropbox users?
    A. You can share files with anyone, even non-Dropbox users, by getting a link to any file or folder. Once you get the link, you can send it by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want. You can…

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive lets you share files and folders using “anyone links” that are redeemable by anyone that has that link. They are easily forwarded and allow access without any additional process.

In October, we announced secure external sharing for business users. This allows people to share without having people create a Microsoft account. This will allow sharing to a specific person in a way that the link isn’t forwarded to others.

17. Improve API to allow the timestamps (date/time) of files/folders to be updated

The new OneDrive API still doesn’t allow the timestamps of uploaded files/folders to be updated (lastModifiedDateTime, createdDateTime). Instead, the timestamps are always set to the time of the upload. This loss of data prevents users from properly sorting their files by modification or creation date. It also prevents applications that use the timestamps from working properly (file synchronization, backup, etc.).
    Please change the timestamp properties so they are writeable rather than read-only.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We’ve now shipped the fileSystemInfo property which allows you to read/write lastModifiedDateTime and createdDateTime as seen on the client.

18. New API not able to access shared-to-me folders even after "Add to my OneDrive"

Users now can use "Add to my OneDrive" to add files / folders someone shared with them to their OneDrive. Those shared items then appear under OneDrive and can be synced to their PC by the offical desktop OneDrive client.

This is not reflected in the new OneDrive API. At least the list children method (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/list.htm) does not include the shared-to-me items in the json response.

It is a bug and will be fixed?

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support expiration of sharing links

Add the possibility to improve the link sharing of files.

nice to have:
    2. an expiration date on shared links (expires in ... days, expire date

reference to
    http://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/7292073-file-sharing-link-options-expire-date-password

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the REAL OneDrive team to take over this feedback portal.

This UserVoice portal was started by a concerned fan of OneDrive who wants OneDrive to be the best it can, but there were no feedback outlets to be found. Please upvote this idea so that the OneDrive team takes notice and starts to hear the feedback of it's fans and users.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base