OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to fetch/access files of my connected PC thru OneDrive App (android) the same way i can do it thru OneDrive Web

Allow to fetch/access files of my connected PC thru OneDrive App (android) the same way i can do it thru OneDrive Web and explore my folders and files of connected devices..

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we are unlikely to get to this in the near future.

2. allow network mapping of OneDrive for mac users (and eventual Time Machine support!)

Allowing users to mount OneDrive as a networked disk would make life immeasurably easier for users. (Similar to Expandrive http://www.expandrive.com/expandrive , but with native support). Current efforts in Finder-->Connect to Server fail on Macs.

Pie in the sky dream would be to use OneDrive as a Time Machine drive for Mac.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just being transparent that this isn’t something we think we’ll get to in the near future

3. Change theme of OneDrive.com

Just like Outlook.com...would give us more customizability...

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A "select all" menu option when select mode is on (WP8.1)

Sometimes I'd like to select a lot of items at once to apply an operation like move or download to multiple items. This takes a lot of time, so a function added to the menu that says "Select All" to highlight all items in the folder would be useful.
    It could show up when select mode is active.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just want to be transparent that we aren’t likely to get to this in the near future.

5. It would be great to be able to edit mp3 tags online

With increased storage available on OneDrive, it now makes sense to store your whole collection on there and stream it - especially with OneDrive integration to Xbox Music now.

I've been collecting music for around 15 years, and have a huge collection. I find that when trying to match my collection to the Xbox Music albums available, sometimes its a small difference that prevents finding it, and by being able to edit mp3 metadata via onedrive.com would mean the files don't need to download each time you change something

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we are unlikely to get to this in the new future.

6. Recognise GPX files and display route in map

Many hikers, runners and cyclists record their journeys using mobile GPS and save them as GPX files. It would be useful if these files can be recognised in OneDrive and displayed in Windows Maps.

Opening a GPX file would display the route, and the 'Details' pane could contain the extra information about distance, speed, elevation, altitude, heart rate, etc.

With many GPX files stored in a OneDrive folder, it would be awesome if all the routes could be shown together in one Windows Map to obtain an overall view.

When a GPX file is shared the 'Directions' feature in Windows…

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we are unlikely to get to this in the near future. It could be a great opportunity for the dev community!

7. Host an AMA Session on Reddit Sysadmin

It would great if you could host an AMA on Reddit Sysadmin so that the community knows the direction of where OneDrive for Business is going and the issues that are acknowledged.

There are so many of us that that desperately want OneDrive to be a great product and by hosting an AMA, you can inform a large community on the direction.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi, we’ve done AMA’s in the past and will try to do some again in the future. For now I’ll take this out as it is not a feature request.

thanks!

8. Navigate photos by time in Windows Phone

I would like the OneDrive for Windows Phone app to make it easier to find files (but especially photos) from some time in the past. Currently, you have to scroll through all the pictures, waiting for all the images to load as you scroll. That takes too much time and wastes bandwidth.

I want to be able to tap on the date grouping and be presented with some sort of time picker so that I can jump to a month in the past.

This functionality is already present in the pictures app, but is missing from OneDrive.

I recently broke…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. OneDrive is integrated into the Photos app on Windows for just this reason. Please take a look.

9. Backup iPhone and iPad to onedrive

Can you please make an option so I can back up my iPhone and iPad to onedrive so I no longer have to use iCloud.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Aside from photos which you can upload to OneDrive, this isn’t something Apple makes available to developers at this time.

10. to allow people without microsoft account to share files on a shared Onedrive folder

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible somehow to share files to a shared OneDrive frolder without having a Microsoft account:
    i.e. I share a folder with some friends who don't have a microsoft account, they can download the files without any problema and I have granted them edition permissions, but if they want to upload files to the folder they are redirected to a Microsoft account login webpage,so:

Is there a way of sharing files to a shared OneDrive folder without a Microsoft account?

Thanks

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we aren’t likely to get to this in the near future.

11. Allow to save any files from sent link to OneDrive directly

My situation is when my friend send link with attached file I need then I must open link then download after that I have to re-upload it into my OneDrive.

I suggest OneDrive should allow to select any attached files and save them to my OneDrive directly.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, folks. This sounds really cool, but it’s not something we’re likely to get to in the near future. This is something that the developer community could build as a browser extension.

12. Concept for combining hamburger and ellipsis menu

I just designed a concept for combining hamburger and ellipsis menu in onedrive app for windows phone.

You can check them here:
    http://1drv.ms/1GP2u7L

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Farshad, very cool to see the concept. We recently updated the Windows Phone design but are always happy to get customer input. Thanks!

13. Streaming Videos/Documents/Music/Pictures/Others

Other cloud services allow the streaming of files (video, music, documents, etc etc) from the desktop client. Bitcasa is the service I'm coming from and they had an excellent service set up to stream files (of all sorts, it even streamed documents and photoshop files). If your files are set to 'online-only', then every file you try to use will be downloaded before you can play it/view it/use it.

If you're offering unlimited storage, chances are people will be saving every family video and every family photo onto your service which means they will not have the space on their…

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We do offering streaming of videos from the website. And the new Photos app in Windows 10 will let you browse your photos in OneDrive without having to download them all to your computer. But we don’t think we’ll build generalized streaming support like this in the near future.

14. Smart files Mac

Just as the title says, I'd love for somehow you to replicate the PC and make smart files available on the Mac so I can see my online/offline files in the Finder. Thanks!!

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that this is not something we are likely to get to in the near future. We recommend using the website or selective sync on your Mac.

15. IOS: Save Videos and Photos to Camera Roll From One Drive App

It would be awesome if you could save One drive video and photo files to your camera roll in IOS. This would be a huge help with my video editing process.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If you just want this for specific photos or videos, you could download them individually. If you were hoping for it to happen automatically, then unfortunately this isn’t something we can do on iOS.

16. Attachment email iOS

Instead of only allowing one to attach a file to Mail from the respective Word, Excel, PPT app, why is it not possible to attach multiple files to email from the OneDrive app? Want the file attached and not just a link.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the report. This isn’t something we can do with the Apple picker contract, but if you use the Outlook app, you can pick as many files (or links to files) as you’d like.

17. Sync specific folders on the phone

Allow the user to Sync specific folders on the phone, apart from the photos and videos.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent, this isn’t something we’ll get to in the near future.

18. Create "Get a link" for a folder

It is always difficult to find a way receive large email attachment over the allowed limit. Can OneDrive create and share a folder that can allowing external client upload files into the share folder via a guest share link. Just as easy as creating a download share link by click on "Get a link" , copy and paste into an email, allowing external client download the file without creating a Mircosoft Account.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. For security reasons we only support folder uploads from users with accounts.

19. I want to be able to change the owner so files take up their space

I love OneDrive, I love its features and I don't want to switch to some other cloud provider because I run out of space.

I have the Office 356 subscription for me and my family and, as the techie in the family, I was asked to upload and provide photos and videos for everyone. Which I did, enjoying them on our phones and all...

Now, most of my family's photos and videos are on my account, shared with them. I wish I could make them the owners of their files and folders, before my space runs dry.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi Robin, thanks for the idea. This isn’t something we are looking at building in the near future but what you could do is have the person you want to “move” the files to create a folder and then share it and then move those files into that folder.

thanks
    Angus

20. Give OneDrive users 50gb of free storage...

Give users 50gb of free storage which will keep up with the popularity of MEGAsync, which give users a free 50gb upon sign-up. This will encourage users to sign up for OneDrive also, instead of only MEGA. In turn, Microsoft is showing it isn't afraid to not only set the standard, but along with MEGA, create the standard. This will know Dropbox, and Goggle Drive down a notch.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base