OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client

More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client
    f.e. Distribution (update) of the client, mechanism of the client, Group policies, handling ...

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. The deployment documentation is available below and it has links to many other documents including how to manage group policy.

If there are specific additional documents you’d like to request, please create an new item for each of those and we’re happy to look into it.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deploying-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-an-enterprise-environment-3f3a511c-30c6-404a-98bf-76f95c519668?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

2. Allow syncing of Groups

The file-sharing and collaboration aspect of OneDrive has to be priority #1.
    Without the ability to sync TeamSites the product is pretty much useless to most customers (I don't count ODfB cause it'
    s broken).

It seems we will have to wait for that functionality for quite some time.
    So how about allowing us to sync Groups?

I am willing to migrate all my current document libraries to groups if you provide the functionality to sync them with the new OneDrive client.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow local accounts full use of desktop and modern apps

The desktop and modern apps on Windows 8.1 require you to log in to the computer with a Microsoft Account in order to access any functionality at all. This dramatically limits my ability to use OneDrive due to two distinct situations that affect me.

1) IT policy at my day-job company allows me to have personal content on my work machine within certain boundaries, but Group Policy prohibits logging into our machines with a Microsoft Account. This means that I can't access any consumer OneDrive content on such devices without going through the website.

2) I keep a separate Microsoft…

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to set MIME/file type(s) (e.g. Documents, Videos, ...) on OneDrive file picker for web apps

It would be great if this was possible to specify MIME/file types on web apps file picker. Almost every other file picker on the market allow for this.

For example, Dropbox allows to set a list of file extensions to only allow the user to select files with the specified extensions through the following API option:

options = {

// Optional. This is a list of file extensions. If specified, the user will

// only be able to select files with these extensions. You may also specify
    // file types, such as "video" or "images" in the list. For more
    145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display full file names within the iOS oneDrive app

Currently, there is no way when using the onedrive app on iOS to display the full file name of all your files. This is very challenging, especially when you have multiple files that start the same way, say with a common date code etc. At the very least, we should be able to allow file names to wrap text.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We support this in the iOS app now. Just select a file (or press and hold) and then click “details” under the ellipsis. If that doesn’t help your scenario, please open another item with more details. Thanks!

6. Passcode on Windows Phone

OneDrive saved all personal data from document, music, and picture but OneDrive does not request to enter PIN code to open OneDrive.

The feature is important because it help to secure file in OneDrive

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Choose which folder will be included or excluded in All Photos view.

When I go to all photos view, I see my screenshots i save to one drive as well as wallpapers. However I want to be only seeing my personal photos.

I also work on graphic files and I don't want them to show up.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you click the cog in the photos view, you can change the view to point at your Pictures folder instead of your entire OneDrive. Hopefully that addresses your scenario. If not, can you open a new item that is more specific? Thanks!

8. Organize files in a single column so we can see the FULL NAME of long files

I have looked through the forum and this question was asked FOUR YEARS ago with still no fix as of July 2017.

I have many files with very long, similar names and I need to be able to see the entire name of each one. The iOS app has the files organized life to right with truncated file names and there is no way to view them without leaving the current view to open each individual file.

This can be fixed by either:
    1) organizing files in a single vertical column like on PC
    2) create a way of viewing…

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for uninstall of OneDrive for Business in Office 365

For those of us with Office 365 business subscriptions, we would like the ability to NOT install the current OneDrive for Business Sync Client and we would like the ability to UNINSTALL the client as part of Office 365 setup. Stopping sync of folders and leaving the buggy program running is not an acceptable solution as one is only a click away from starting to sync with files on the web.

The sync problems include the possibility of incorrect sync by the client and subsequent loss of data so until Microsoft have fixed the sync problem allow us to uninstall…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cast videos and pictures to Chromecast

It would be really useful to be able to cast media from my OneDrive to my Chromecast.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing Group Files with External Users

We urgently need the ability to share folders or files that reside in Group Libraries with External Users. At the moment it is not permitted. Only folders or files within my personal OneDrive for Business library can be shared externally.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dark mode on Mac

Since OSX Yosemite, they introduced a dark mode for menu bar. Problem is OneDrive icon does is not visible probably because the menu bar and the icon has the same color. Anyways, adding a quick white OneDrive icon will solve this easily.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it ease to copy files from OneDrive for Business to Group's documents folder

When using OneDrive for Business in Office 365, it's easy to copy/move files to another folder within OneDrive using the web interface. Using the web interface it's impossible to copy/move files from the user's OD4B to an Office 365 Group documents folder directly. To copy or move a file from the OD4B to a group's document folder, you have to download the file from OD4B and upload it to the group's document folder, or sync the OD4B and the group's document folder and move/copy the file locally.

My suggestion is to add the option to the web interface for the…

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now fully in production. Please make sure you have the latest user experience turned on and take a look!

14. Get a sharing link from Windows Explorer without visiting website

Dropbox doesn't force you to go to a website to get an link to share. It doesn't even require you to wait for the file to finish uploading before allowing you to copy a link. Please provide this functionality in the desktop context menu.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Media Player in OneDrive web portal

Add Media Player in OneDrive online web portal. So that the user could be able play music any where by just signing in to the outlook account and with a single click on an audio file.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove the "OneDrive - Personal" from Explorer when not enabled.

When we enable OneDrive for Buisness, the user also see a "OneDrive - Personal" folder in explorer, and when the user click on it, it will open the OneDrive for buisness folder?

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Android onedrive pdf viewer better or remove it

Hi,

Trying to work with pdfs stored on onedrive through the Android app is incredibly frustrating.

There is a giant black bar at the top with nothing other than a back button and a large orange circle for annotation tools. This makes seeing the pdf very hard as these UI elements get in the way.

Also there is no search capability.

Either make this viewer better or remove it so we can use some other android pdf viewer. Actually we should be able to use any other pdf viewer and there is no way to do so currently and this…

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow OneDrive for Business to synchronise with SharePoint document libraries other than your own private doc library

OneDrive for Business on Android (and probably iOS too) will synchronise with your own private document library hosted on SharePoint, however it does not provide the ability to synchronise with other SharePoint document libraries. If you are looking to do away with a server for small business and use Office365 (ideally SharePoint) then you must be able to provide this capability for Android tablets. It works for Windows based tablets/laptops but not Android (and probably iOS).

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove or document REST API limits/throttling

At the moment, the REST API is throttled and limited in a nearly completely undocumented manner.

A simple attempt to upload a few GBs of data was met with a 420 request throttled response after ~5GB.

It'd be great if you offered some way for us to get these limits lifted and at the very least you should document them more thoroughly.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove the limit of 10GB from personal OneDrive

Its just unreasonable in todays world to restrict file uploads to 10GB. Its been a long time people have been asking for this. When MS removed unlimited storage, I was dissappointed just like many others. This stupid limit of 10GB made sense in that time because you can probably abuse the system by uploading huge files, ********* abusers. But now that there is a limit of only 1TB on the account, how in the world is this Stupid limit of 10 GB justified? I mean if I record a comcert from my iphone 7 plus, the raw video is 15…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base