OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto upload .dng files

Add the possibility to auto upload .dng files from mobile phones

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

This is supported on Windows 10 Mobile. We don’t have plans to add this to Windows Mobile 8.1.

2. Fix background saving of camera roll

The background saving of camera roll does not work correctly. It pretends to work in background and to save all images in camera roll into the dedicated OneDrive folder (own images). Initiative should be a change of networks (place). All options chosen.
    Indeed this feature does not work. I have to open the OneDrive App and manually start the saving of the images in camera roll.
    Tested and proofed on :
    iPhone 5s, Iphone 6, Iphone 6s, iOS 7 and 8.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a number of improvements to background sync in the latest iOS release. Please try it out and send us in-product feedback if you have any problems — just shake your phone while in the app and we’ll take a look.

3. Select all

Select all (pictures or videos ect.)

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. You can now press-and-hold on an item and drag to select large numbers of files. Check it out!

4. include option select all folders or files

include option select all folders or files, for move or delete.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can select all files by clicking “ctrl-a” and then you can take whatever action you’d like. Pro-tip a shortcut for seeing all of the shortcuts is to type a “?” to bring up the shortcuts dialog. Hope that helps!

5. Move To and Copy To

Add 'move to...' and 'copy to ...'. for files and directories

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We recently added a right-click option on files and folders — just look for the “move or copy” command.

6. Bring parity to OneDrive and OneDrive for Business Clients

Create -one- client that can handle multiple accounts for both OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Instead of having two clients that can only handle one account for OneDrive and one for OneDrive for Business build one client for all your accounts with feature parity (selective sync, sync shared, etc. etc.) I have one consumer OneDrive and several Office365 OneDrive for Business Accounts but there is no option to connect all accounts and sync locally.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This one slipped through the cracks – but we delivered a converged sync client last December! While we don’t have 100% feature parity, many of the most critically asked for features are available – including the ability to do Selective Sync, support removable media, sync files up to 10 GB in size (up from 2 GB), use less disk space and do it all more reliably and quickly than before. Feel free to create new suggestions (or upvote existing ones) for the next set of features you’d like to see.

7. Provide a PHP SDK for onedrive

PHP is one of the most commonly used server-side web development languages and I was really surprised when I came looking for a PHP SDK and found none. I would like to have OneDrive support for my web app, I already integrated Dropbox and Google Drive and I hope you can provide me with something to work with in the near future. Thanks

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shorten Link should use HTTPS-based URLs

In this era of the secure web it is difficult to understand why the shorten link functional on OneDrive uses an HTTP-based URL. Wrap it before you use it with TLS/SSL!

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. iOS 8 Storage Provider Extension/Document Picker Support

I'd love to see (and really need it) the Storage Provider Extension, and secondarily Document Picker support within the OneDrive app. Being able to access and edit files from OneDrive without having to leave the app I'm working in is a critical part of me making the switch to OneDrive.

I was really disappointed to see the update come for iOS 8 today (Oct 8) without at least the storage provider extension. I've been wanting to completely switch over to OneDrive (from Box), but really can't do it until these basic features are supported. The other major players (Box, Dropbox,…

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Great suggestion! We know this is important for our iOS users. We’re happy to let you know that we released this feature earlier in the month. Give it a try and let us know if there’s anything we can improve. Thanks for using OneDrive. :)

10. Enable uploading of folders via OneDrive.com

Allow to upload whole folders for OneDrive on the web. It should be possible to upload folders by drag and drop from the desktop to the browser window.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gif animation

The app currently doesn't support the animation of Gif image files. When clicked they remain static images.
    The iPhone photo fall doesn't support it either so if gifs were playable in here I'd use the app more often.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint: Sync selected subfolders of shared folder

I want sync only selected subfolders for shared or public folder.

E.g. currently I can sync only whole tree shared by someone
    \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\

I want to sync only part of the tree - \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\A\B\C

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto Upload

My photos only backup when I open the app and leave it open. Therefore, my photos seldom get backed up! The Dropbox app works much better for mobile photo backup, as I have found, automatically uploading photos without ever opening the app. Plus, the uploads are incredibly slow!! It's not on my end - I have tried multiple 50 Mbps plus cable connections and LTE too. Please update this so I can use this app to backup my photos and videos.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link Windows libraries to OneDrive

Imagine this: You have a Windows Desktop, Surface/Notebook/Tablet and a Windows Phone. You want all files that you edit to save directly to OneDrive, so all devices contain the same data and you don't want to always decide between the Windows libraries and the OneDrive folders.

As a result, you want to link the local libraries on every device with the suiting OneDrive folder. When your saving files to your Documents Windows library, it is then syncing with OneDrive.
    This should be configured with the OneDrive client for your device. The 30 GB storage that are now available should be…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If you open settings by right-clicking on the OneDrive cloud icon in your systray, you’ll see an “auto-save” tab. Currently we make it easy to default your Documents and Pictures folders to OneDrive. You can actually re-map any of the Windows known folders to point to OneDrive folders, too. Enjoy!

15. 79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

The OneDrive API can be used to access content from document libraries in SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and OneDrive Personal

16. Multiple Photos Downloading

It would be great if Onedrive IOS app can have this function of downloading multiple photos instead of download one photo at one time.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spotlight support on iOS 9

With the new Spotlight features in iOS 9, the contents of our OneDrive accounts can be potentially searched from the Spotlight search box. To do this, though, the OneDrive app should support Spotlight indexing of files stored in OneDrive.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Return OneDrive to the way that it was pre Windows 8.1

The following problems were documented on Microsoft's community page here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/files/i-am-having-multiple-problems-with-skydrive-in/3194a7ee-bef6-4c41-b199-0bb1a4da6e2e

I never received a solution:

I can't wrap my head around SkyDrive in Windows 8.1. These are the problems that I am having:
    1.I select a folder, and then select online only. The Available Offline disappears. I come back 5 minutes later, and the folder once again says "Available Offline."

2.When you select online only, after a folder was available offline, you should see some status as to what is happening. i.e. these 650 files are being deleted.

3.The SkyDrive App says "Downloading 6 items..." in the upper right…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cortana Integration

Integrate with Cortana to (example) upload files, share files etc..

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make the OneDrive desktop app PORTABLE!! That way you may not even have to implement the LAN sync feature that many of us have requested.

I suggest you make the OneDrive desktop app PORTABLE!! That way you may not even have to implement the LAN sync feature that many of us have requested.

If you make the application portable, then people will not have to download all of their data again from OneDrive server after formatting their PC/Laptop. In this particular case, LAN sync will not be required.

Secondly, it will be immensely beneficial for technicians and students too who cannot take their lappy/PC everywhere but can only carry a portable drive with them. And please...don't try to make $s off of this idea -…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base