OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload videos from iPad to OneDrive for Business

Inside OneDrive for Business add a feature for uploading videos stored on the iPad Storage system.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Mac sync client - you do not see the "green check marks" or otherwise see a visual that your files are synced.

Please add in some kind of visual indicator (green check marks) that the files are synced. One the Windows clients you have the visual which really helps.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our new release of the OneDrive Mac sync client now supports green check marks on files! You can enable this via the Extension in System Preferences when you get the latest update from the Mac App Store. This works whether you are syncing your personal OneDrive, or OneDrive for Business.

3. Sharing by right clicking

I would like to be able to share a file by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer, like Dropbox and other file sharing tools do, rather than creating the sharing link via web.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Eugene Lin responded

OneDrive now supports this on Windows 7 and up. Just sign into the OneDrive sync app and right-click on a OneDrive file in Windows Explorer.

4. Improve API by extending the createLink method to get embedded links for files

The new OneDrive API doesn't allow the creation of embedded link via the action.createLink method (which is available via the Live SDK).
    View or Edit links cannot be used in iFrames as the 'X-Frame-Options' header is set to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Therefore, please extend the the createLink method to get embedded links via the API which can be used to insert an interactive view of the corresponding file into a web page.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fillable PDF Forms

Please re-enable the filling in of PDF forms on the OneDrive app itself. As of now, I understand that PDF files become marked as read-only once they are put in OneDrive.

It would be much more convenient if PDFs could be filled in from the OneDrive app itself.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable access to SharePoint libraries through iOS OneDrive App

I would like to be able to also access SharePoint libraries through the iOS OneDrive App.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to backup photos only while charging

In the settings in Google photos, there is an option to only backup photos when the device is charging (additional to the option to only backup over wifi).

I would love to have this option in the OneDrive app (not just on Android, but in any OneDrive mobile app), because I don't want to waste battery life backing up photos.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

We know this is an important option for our users. I’m happy to let you know that we just shipped this feature on Android yesterday! Thanks for using OneDrive :)

PS – the update is available to 10% of our users (randomly selected) today, and we expect it to reach everyone by early next week.

8. Full text search

To enable quick full text searches.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Logout option on Windows Phone

in the current version of one drive app of windows phone 8.1 there is no logout option which must be there. and in gallery of windows phone in albums there should not be the option of onedrive

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

This is supported on Windows 10 Mobile. We don’t have plans to add this to Windows Mobile 8.1.

10. Add the option to hide upper directory structure/public files when sharing on OneDrive.com

I recently switched over to using OneDrive instead of Dropbox as my method of sharing files with clients, and so far, things are mostly good. There's just one issue I've come across so far though - when I share a folder with a client, it exposes the entire directory structure of my OneDrive to them, and possibly lets them see other "public" shared files that I'd rather not have them access.

For example, I've got the default "Public" folder in my OneDrive, and I occasionally use that folder to post goofy things to Twitter or share images or videos with…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PDF preview and "open in" option

You should add the "preview" mode while opening an heavy PDF in order to let users open and read the PDFs without waiting long long time while the app downloads the entire file size. As a former user of Box.com, it was a very useful tool and I think it could improve the app rating.

Furthermore, you should fix the problem with "open in" option either from Mail app and from all the other apps. When you try to open a file from a Mail attach into OneDrive, the file is not uploaded. The app just opens and does nothing.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business

We need Shared Folder sync on OneDrive for Business:)

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow the Photo view to only show pictures from the Pictures folder. Like on the onedrive.live.com webpage

Allow the Photo view to only show pictures from the Pictures folder. Like on the onedrive.live.com webpage.
    Currently a lot of irrelevant files are shown in the Photo view. Like folder art from the music collection etc.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Folders to be Hidden from Sync

I'd like some folders not to be synced to every Client.

for instance I use one drive on my work computer. I don't want my personal folders to be synced to my work PC. But I do want them synced to my home PC.

I don't want the online/offline placeholders. I don't want the folder, at least its contents, on the work PC at all.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi Brian, this can be done with Selective Sync in Windows 7/8/10 and Mac (not in Windows 8.1)

thanks
    Angus

16. Folder Sharing

Share folder like file "Get Link" for external users without external users being required to sign in . Since there is no such a future I am gonna have to use Dropbox, I wish I could of use onedrive since I am already paying office 365 tons of money!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Eugene Lin responded

OneDrive already supports this if your IT administrator allows it. Just select the folder, choose “Share”, and select “Anyone with the link” as the permissions!

17. make new C# libraries for the new API

I'd like to see new libraries made available for Windows Universal Apps in order to make it easier to transition from the old API.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix special characters in company name bug on mac

If you have a special character in your company name - for example / - the mac client is unable to use the folder you have chosen.

A/S is the primary company type in Denmark, and names should include this notation. Because of this, the problem is widespread in Denmark.

I guess there are more special characters that are not being handled on the mac as well.

Read about the problem here:
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/153/p/432751/1095582

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reduce power usage in the mac app

Using the activity monitor I noticed the OneDrive application sitting in the background was using about 5x the amount of power as the Dropbox app. During the period I measured it there was no activity to my content in OneDrive and some updates to Dropbox (a series of deletes came in but were not executed locally).

During this same time I was using Microsoft Word to write a document. I found Word, while I was actively using it, only used about 2x the power as OneDrive.

It would be useful to lower the amount of power used. If this is…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tag / keyword search on mobile

for the time beeing it's not possible to search for files ( keywords, metatags ) via mobile onedrive apps ( Iphone / Ipad )
    That means my thousands of pictures in onedrive are like in a messy shoebox. Only on my PC i can search in Onedrive

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base