OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a OneDrive audio player

Better, integration of OneDrive and Xbox Music. With a player for my music collection. Well as upload of 20.000 songs in Google Play Music.

Please! This idea is also very good: http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4116264-the-ability-to-upload-and-playback-my-music-from-o

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please fix the OneDrive .pdf viewing problem

If we share a .pdf file with someone in OneDrive, when they click on the shared link the file opens in Word Online, and the file looks horrible when viewed in this manner, especially if the file contains graphics and/or nonstandard fonts.

Please fix .pdf viewing in Word Online or allow the .pdf file to be opened in Acrobat instead of Word Online.

A third choice might be to allow file sharing in a "Download Only" mode instead of opening in Word Online. In simple terms, you click on the file and I prompts you to download or open the…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We changed to use the native browser PDF support and will continue investing to make this look good. Try it again and let us know if you think it’s better or if there’s more you’d like to see.

4. "Shared With Me" folder visible on Ipad app

I can see the "Shared With Me" folder on the android OneDrive for Business App but not on the iPad app.

Until this is in place, One Drive is a distinct second place to Google Drive for sharing documents in an organisation (in my case a school).

And please nobody mention Sharepoint, far to confusing and complex for a small organisation to use!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recycle Bin access on iOS

Like the feature just added for Windows Phone 8.1, I would like to see this feature on iOS devices.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We built this — it’s in the top right “…” when you’re in the app. Click it and look for “Open Recycle Bin.” Thanks!

6. Don't rename images files on Android when using the Camera auto upload feature

The camera roll auto upload feature on the Android OneDrive app is great! The reason why I don't find it useful, is that it renames the images files when uploading them to OneDrive for some reason. Please keep the original file names, or at least give users the option to. Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve speed of syncing files

On both Mac OSX Mavericks and Windows 7, OneDrive syncs so impossibly slow that it is a joke. It takes hours for megabytes to move up, and quite often OneDrive just crashes over and over, preventing syncing even more. On OSX, OneDrive constantly "resets", asking me to log in and pick the directory again, and on Windows 7, the service keeps restarting over and over, with little progress.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Since this appears to be a support issue, we have moved this issue to our support team to follow up on.

8. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

The 100 MB limit is only on direct PUT calls. You can use the upload session API to upload large files from any platform.

9. Implement a "Save To OneDrive" Share Extension for iOS

So from most apps a file can be saved directly to OneDrive.

Just like DropBox has. I use DropBox a lot more because of this. All sorts of apps (that DropBox knows nothing about) can use the share extension.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow new API to access and change file description

The new API does not seem to be able to get or change the "description" field of files, which was possible with the old skydrive api.

This would very useful for many applications.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improvement to PIN function that appears at launch of the app

Following things can be improved in implementation of pass code that protects the app from unauthorised usage:

1. When I go to home screen and pass code is on, the last screen I was in should be replaced by keypad for privacy.

2. The keypad hangs sometimes when entering the code and the app takes time to open and display the keypad. Please make it fast and smooth and such that the keypad doesn't hang.

You might wanna look into authy's (an app in AppStore) implementation of pass code to improve onedrive's.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restrictions for 3rd party apps

Some of the apps that I use with my OneDrive need write access as they need to create files.

The apps typically request for full read/write access to the OneDrive. Providing universal read/write access to all OneDrive folders to all 3rd party apps is a huge security/privacy risk.

Also they typically create a folder in OneDrive root. Later if we move the folder into a sub-folder the app breaks.

So I have two suggestions

1. By default let 3rd party apps create folders only in a root folder named "Apps" (just like Program Files on Windows)

Enable user to grant…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We’ve just released the app folders for the OneDrive API. You can read more about them here: http://onedrive.github.io/misc/appfolder.htm

Apps can request read/write access to just this folder, and then use our OneDrive pickers to open files outside of their folder, and never have full access to your OneDrive.

14. please provide a option in wp to autoupload photos to one drive over mobile data

Please provide an option to autoupload the photos of the phone to one drive in the original size over the mobile data,which is currently only over the wifi

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

On Windows 10 Mobile we no longer have a low res/high res distinction for auto-upload, so this will have just one mobile network request

15. I cannot upload files to the folder was shared in the iOS App OneDrive

I uses OneDrive iOS APP.
    In the shared folder to view menu.
    Add Items that are displayed.
    However, nothing is displayed by tapping the [Add Items].
    I cannot upload files to the shared folder.
    If I cannot upload files to the shared folder I want delete [Add Items] from the menu.

My best regards.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring All Photos view to Windows Phone

Bring the "All photos view" to Windows phone like the feature that is in the web and iOS.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Downloads

I think the ability to download multiple items would be great! I just did a clean install of my iPhone and found out that I have to download all of my pictures one by one. That's a bit of a tedious process.

If we could mark multiple for downloading, that would make things a lot simpler for sure :).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Single OneDrive and OneDrive for Business experience on Windows Phone

I recommend Microsoft develop one single unified app that connects to both OneDrive Personal and OneDrive Business services (vs. the existing two separate apps) as they recently did with the Android version.

[note: title changed by Angus Logan]

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Virtual folders for photo albums

Lots of photo organisation programs and photo sharing websites conceptualise albums as sort of virtual folders whereby the same photo in your library can appear in multiple albums (virtual folders) without duplication of the photo. I find this very useful.

Photo organisation in OneDrive is limited to regular folders, and therefore you have to duplicate photos if you want them to appear in multiple albums (album in this sense being just a regular folder with photo viewing options).

Please enable us to create virtual folder type albums.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. available offline

add an option for make the files available offline

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base